SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 28 May 2013, 23:10
Chew Toy of the Gods

al Queda = Wal-mart?

Interesting piece of communications was picked up (on) by the AP. It seems that corporate shit rolls downhill in more places than Scranton.

AP Exclusive: Rise of Al-Qaida Sahara Terrorist

Has anybody seen MBM's red Swingline?

"Zombie fire ants may sound like a science-fiction movie, but they are the real deal ..."
-Mary Lee, KXAN, Austin
Old 30 May 2013, 17:18
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

In its earlier days, al Qaeda offered bennies like medical and dental plans as part of their recruiting effort.

In that respect, it wasn't unlike many corporations or the U.S military. I'm not surprised that middle management would start sending memos complaining about somebody's poor performance.

Who knows, maybe at some point they adopted Six Sigma. And you just know there has to be a Dwight Schrute or two in the mix.
Old 30 May 2013, 17:24
Old Scroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
In its earlier days, al Qaeda offered bennies like medical and dental plans as part of their recruiting effort.

In that respect, it wasn't unlike many corporations or the U.S military. I'm not surprised that middle management would start sending memos complaining about somebody's poor performance.

Who knows, maybe at some point they adopted Six Sigma. And you just know there has to be a Dwight Schrute or two in the mix.
That alone would drive me to lead a rag-tag band of miscreants to kill 101 Algerians and Frenchmen... *gawd* makes my skin crawl jus' thinkin' about it!

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 30 May 2013, 17:56
Morte et une dame

Oh, god.... not Sigma Six!
So many stupid..........
Old 30 May 2013, 18:08
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
That alone would drive me to lead a rag-tag band of miscreants to kill 101 Algerians and Frenchmen... *gawd* makes my skin crawl jus' thinkin' about it!
I worked at Motorola, which gave birth to Six Sigma, and management pretty much tried to pawn that crap off on everybody, no matter what your position or duties were.

I read a pretty funny story about Jack Welch at GE, who was a big proponent of the whole Six Sigma thing, making it mandatory for all of his top executives to go through the training because he thought it was so important.

When his long time secretary, who probably knew Welch as well as or better than anybody, asked if she could go through the training he nixed the idea, saying she probably was a "black belt" in it already.

Organizations are the same the world over, no matter what business they're in.

Here's a bit poking fun at Six Sigma on the TV show 30 Rock:

http://vimeo.com/24784020

And of course who could forget Jack Donaghy's Six Sigma Wheel of Domination.

http://www.leanblog.org/2013/02/fare...x-sigma-jokes/

Last edited by Spinner; 30 May 2013 at 18:19.
Old 30 May 2013, 18:24
Confirmed User

I wonder if they'll start complaining about mandatory sexual harrassment seminars or having to wear reflective belts and vests?

That would be funny.

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.
Old 30 May 2013, 23:32
Old Scroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I wonder if they'll start complaining about mandatory sexual harrassment seminars or having to wear reflective belts and vests?

That would be funny.

I'll never forget the look on the face of the US Army COL who came out to Camp NordPole in Doboj in '96 to administer the 12 Americans there our mandatory sexual harassment training. While we were gathering in an office for it to begin, my Swedish 2LT translator, who was 6' tall, quite buxom, and very young, walked over to the COL, who was seated in an office chair in the middle of the office. She seated herself in his lap, slipped a hand under his BDU top and started to scratch his chest as she rather loudly whispered in his ear "Colonel, will your instruction make my American boys better at harassing me...?"

LOL - he turned purple and abruptly left the room for about 10 minutes.

There were pleasantly no reflective belts in evidence at that early date.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab

Our new posting rules