SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > International Jobs

Old 5 June 2019, 16:15

Janus Global Operations - PSS/PARA

SB Approved

Position: PSS/Paramedic
Security Clearance: Secret (DOS)
POC: jonathan.vest@janusgo.com
Pay Rate: $659/day 6 days a week. $52/day per diem 7 days a week.
Rotation: 105/35
***Foreign country taxes are waived***

Essential Functions
Provide advanced emergency medical care to Contractor personnel
Perform day-to-day personal protective security functions
Drive the lead vehicle, principalís vehicle, follow-vehicle, and/or acting as response agent whenever required in motorcade or similar operations
Maintains assigned protective formation position during principalís walking movements
Participates in advance security preparations
Mans the security post at the principalís residence or mans the command post, or other static post as required

Job Requirements
Must be a US citizen
Must possess current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians certification as a paramedic
Registration must be valid prior to deployment, and remain valid throughout the period of deployment
Must possess current approved CPR professional rescuer, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and advanced trauma training credentials (i.e., Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) or Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent)
Must have experience/knowledge in current Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) guidelines
A minimum of three (3) years of emergency medical services experience and a minimum of three (3) years applicable work experience gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed high threat protective services that require skills similar to those identified in the PSS training course
This experience may be earned concurrently
Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of hiring
Must have a valid US Passport
Must have a current US driver's license
Must be able to pass a physical fitness agility test and maintain that fitness level for the duration of his/her service on the task order
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening; position is also subject to random drug screening throughout the course of employment
If prior US Military, must have an honorable discharge
Must be able to pass a detailed background investigation and possess the criteria to be awarded and maintain the necessary US-issued security clearance
Must be able to pass a medical physical approving candidate for overseas work
Ability to travel to, and/or work in, an austere, hostile, or remote location.
Attend and successfully complete the PSS training course
Qualify with the Glock-19, M4, M203, M240, M249, and Remington 870 shotgun, re-qualifying as required by the task order
Old 6 June 2019, 12:44
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Guys- if anyone has any specific questions about this Task Order, feel free to PM me.

I currently fill a role on it, and for a mobile WPS2 gig, it is cush- perhaps on par with, or exceeding Jerusalem. We really don’t consider it as ‘Iraq’ as the location is Kurdistan. PSS Paramedics are either on a 105/35, or like me, an 84/42. This is the first DoS project that I’ve experienced where the overwhelming majority of the personnel are content with extremely low turnover.

The daily per diem is nice and paid weekly in cash. Restaurants and lodging are plentiful with each man getting issued their own mobile wi-fi device.

Janus pays for your required 60hrs of CME refresher, but as of now, ACLS, PHTLS, and BLS courses are on you.
Old 6 June 2019, 13:20
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFpj View Post
I currently fill a role on it, and for a mobile WPS2 gig, it is cush- perhaps on par with, or exceeding Jerusalem.
Have you worked in Jerusalem?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 6 June 2019, 13:23
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
Have you worked in Jerusalem?
Hahahahahaha.....I was thinking the same thing. SOC has a pretty good gig in J-Town. Erbil is awesome....for Iraq.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 6 June 2019, 13:40
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Quote:
Hahahahahaha.....I was thinking the same thing. SOC has a pretty good gig in J-Town. Erbil is awesome....for Iraq.
'On par' can be a subjective phrase, huh...
Old 6 June 2019, 13:59
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFpj View Post
'On par' can be a subjective phrase, huh...
Uh yep, I've worked both and Jerusalem is a better place. Erbil is the next best place to work IMO.

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 6 June 2019, 14:19
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Jong- keep in mind that I'm coming from this angle as a medic.

I would be interested to comparing both TO's when it comes to the quality of life for our CLIN. TO size and positions required has a lot to do with it as well, as you know.

Jerusalem has always been considered the gold standard for WPS- but I wonder if the rotation, pay, per-diem, client relationship, threat, work load, lodging here in Erbil is gaining on the standard?

What's your take?
Old 7 June 2019, 05:18
Confirmed User

I'm just going to keep reading this thread, while I pay my Afghan tax.
Old 7 June 2019, 15:57
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhic0369 View Post
I'm just going to keep reading this thread, while I pay my Afghan tax.

Hahahahahaaha
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top

Our new posting rules