Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 19 May 2017, 11:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
LMMFAO, this is some next-level comedy shit right here and no, it's not satire:

Comey once tried to blend in with WH curtains to avoid Trump: report
That's some Maxwell Smart Agent 86 shit. Standing 6'8", I wonder if anyone noticed him. Substitute 'KAOS' for the Russians. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (7.1 KB, 325 views)
Old 19 May 2017, 12:27
Confirmed User

Leaked Chat Logs Purport to Show ‘Deep State’ Planting Anti-Trump Stories With Media

what do you make of this?

http://www.darkpolitricks.com/2017/05/leaked-chat-logs-purport-to-show-deep-state-planting-anti-trump-stories-with-media/
Old 19 May 2017, 12:32
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
There is a certain level of childishness and immaturity in that entire scnenario that I find pathetic....
This^ since announcing his candidacy 1/2 the country has gone this way. I'm not even sure "pathetic" describes it.

When people are allowed and encouraged to "assassinate" an elected POTUS, publically promote rape of the First Lady, ridicule their minor child, and say similar shit on live TV under the disguise of comedy (or not) without consequences...I am seriously ashamed of a big part of this country. And the lack of a Rally Cry from the Republicans to stand up for them. Fuck them ALL...burn it DOWN. Drain the entire system.
Old 19 May 2017, 12:58
Nerd

Quote:

...“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...d-trump-report

I saw that on TV when it happened and remember thinking "amateur."

As any woman who works with a lot of touchy feely guys knows, the most effective way to arrest an unwanted hug is to shake hands with both hands. It's interpreted as a sign of sincere respect, aaand it's impossible for them to wedge their way in.
Old 19 May 2017, 13:11
#BlackRiflesMatter

Looks like the "Comey ask for more funds" BS was also NYTimes "fake news".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill 05/19/17

Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein also hit back at reports that Comey asked him for more resources for the FBI's Russia investigation, which is also focused on contacts between the Trump administration and Moscow, shortly before he was fired.

"I'm not aware of any such request. Moreover, I consulted my staff and Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, and none of them recalls such a request," he told lawmakers.

The New York Times reported earlier this month that Comey asked the Justice Department for more prosecutors and other personnel to help accelerate the Russia investigation. The Justice Department denied that report.
Old 19 May 2017, 14:16
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”...
The President was probably checking him for a wire.
Old 19 May 2017, 14:43
Confirmed User

Quote:

Former FBI Director James Comey reportedly once tried to blend into the curtains in the White House Blue Room in order to avoid being approached by President Trump.

According to a New York Times report published Thursday, Comey tried to blend into the Blue Room's blue curtains during a White House visit for a ceremony honoring law enforcement officials who provided security at inauguration.

Comey recounted the incident to his friend, Brookings Institution fellow Benjamin Wittes, who told the story to The Times. Comey, who is 6 feet 8 inches tall, was wearing a dark blue suit and stood near the similarly colored curtains in the back of the room, hoping that Trump would not spot him.
“He thought he had gotten through and not been noticed or singled out and that he was going to get away without an individual interaction,” Wittes told the Times.

However, Comey was spotted by the president, who called out to him and joked he had become "more famous" than himself. Trump went in for a hug when Comey was reportedly trying to only give Trump a handshake.

“Comey said that as he was walking across the room he was determined that there wasn’t going to be a hug,” Wittes said. “It was bad enough there was going to be a handshake. And Comey has long arms so Comey said he pre-emptively reached out for a handshake and grabbed the president’s hand. But Trump pulled him into an embrace and Comey didn’t reciprocate. If you look at the video, it’s one person shaking hands and another hugging.”...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...d-trump-report

Good God. I was thinking that there was no way that wasn't satire and even took your comment as sarcasm.

What in the hell would possess a "grown ass man" to behave that way. Especially someone in such a position such as him (comey). Makes me believe that he really was spineless and all that waffling he did during the HRC campaign really was him getting led around by the nose as the HRC team and Obama team were playing tit for tat.
Old 19 May 2017, 15:01
Confirmed User

IMO that only shows the hidden animosity between the two.
No one makes such shenanigans if everything's a-ok, body language can tell you everything you need to know.
Old 19 May 2017, 15:02
Been There Done That

I can't wait to see peoples heads explode when POTUS comes out on the other side of this witch hunt clean, and completely destroy the opposition in 2020. They will have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 19 May 2017, 15:44
Confirmed User

Quote:
Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod Rosenstein returned to Capitol Hill for a second day Friday, an extraordinary briefing for all House members on the naming of a special counsel to investigate President Trump's campaign and possible ties to Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Rosenstein did not appear to make new disclosures during the private session in a secured room in the Capitol. But he left lawmakers with the understanding that the probe underway by Special Counsel Robert Mueller III, a former FBI director, will be wide-reaching and attempt to restore Americans' confidence in the political system.

"This won't be a partisan activity," said Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista), who spoke to reporters afterward. "I think the American people need the scope to be as broad as necessary to regain the confidence."

Lawmakers of both parties are pushing to retain their own investigations, though the congressional committees, even as Mueller's criminal probe takes precedence.

"The Congress has a very significant role, as does the special counsel," said Rep. Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, the top Democrat on the House Oversight Committee.

"We need to let this process play out," he said. "This is about the fight for the soul of our democracy. We can’t afford to lose this one."
Big words. Do it.
Old 19 May 2017, 15:52
Confirmed User

Why do these people keep continually giving into libshit demands and lunacy? This stuff only helps energize the retards on the left. That if they whine and cry and maniacally draw on the walls with their own feces enough --- they will eventually get a bone thrown to them. Which reinforces the message that if you really do scream, complain, and make enough of a scene, you WILL get results. Which is why they keep behaving like this.
Old 19 May 2017, 16:25
Confirmed User

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3178942

Cliffs: Weiner takes one for the team, pleads guilty, and the laptop remains closed forever. Yes?
Old 19 May 2017, 18:10
What could possibly go wrong?

Trump has got to get control of these leaks. Leaking of high level heads of state conversations is close hold and very few have access. Start with some polys now. See who refuses and fire them
Old 19 May 2017, 18:29
Make a desert and call it peace.

Unless POTUS is just trolling them.

This guy likes chaos, him and Mattis should have interesting conversations. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 19 May 2017, 18:33
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post
Cliffs: Weiner takes one for the team, pleads guilty, and the laptop remains closed forever. Yes?
I hope the NYPD has copies of the files, as was reported. And they find their way to the public.
Old 19 May 2017, 18:44
Violent Social Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Unless POTUS is just trolling them.

This guy likes chaos, him and Mattis should have interesting conversations. S/F....Ken M
I doubt Mattis is a huge fan of him on a personal level.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 19 May 2017, 19:05
pumpin gas and kickin ass

But likely a fan on the strategic level.

Can you think of a better method to destabilize the center of gravity of the current inefficient status quo of our government?

He could carpet bomb cities and it would be a blip on the radar and blamed on Trump.

Basically he now has carte blanche to execute with any strategy he would ever want to envision as his ethical threshold is most likely far more restrictive than anything POTUS could generate.
Old 19 May 2017, 19:50
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I doubt Mattis is a huge fan of him on a personal level.
Yeah, but I've had lots of enlightening conversations with people, from those I found simply annoying to outright loathsome.

Fuck, that's like the USMC/USG experience in a nutshell. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 19 May 2017, 22:28
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
President Trump should have grabbed him right in the pussy.
All 6'8" of it.

Good riddance.
Old 20 May 2017, 00:10
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforjonny View Post
But likely a fan on the strategic level.

Can you think of a better method to destabilize the center of gravity of the current inefficient status quo of our government?

He could carpet bomb cities and it would be a blip on the radar and blamed on Trump.

Basically he now has carte blanche to execute with any strategy he would ever want to envision as his ethical threshold is most likely far more restrictive than anything POTUS could generate.
I don't know if I'd call it strategy so much as the Dunning-Krueger effect in practice in the most powerful position in the world.

I'd concede to your point if he didn't constantly undermine the narrative of his own staff regarding his motivations for firing Comey, his own words being used against him when it comes to the legality of his travel ban, or how he admitted to sharing classified information to Russian officials after his own national security advisor flat out denied it to the media. That doesn't smell like strategy to me, it smells like incompetence.

And I know, Obama this and Hillary that. It's not a good sign if we have to bring up malfeasance from the D side of the aisle to make light of it on the R side. Trump has the guidon, the country is his now.

Our new posting rules