Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 26 February 2018, 16:32
I really don't care

Shit...I didn't even think to look there. But now I know after s1 I havent missed any eps. Thanks Spinner
Old 3 April 2018, 16:28
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm really getting into this, even the whole voodoo/black magic flashbacks, hallucinations and spells.

I especially like how the producers have inserted the East India Co. into the story line within the context of Delaney's desire for revenge and fortune at their expense. Jonathan Pryce's character is great, with all the tapping of his cane as he's thinking and all of his scheming being foiled by Delaney. I don't know if Stuart Strange was as ruthless as the show depicts him, but I'm betting much of the business of the EIC was pretty cutthroat. Hell, they had their own armies.

I don't know enough about that entity, other than I always more or less considered it an extension of the British crown. It looks as if in its later days it was practically in direct competition with Britain itself for control of the whole friggin's world.
Old 3 April 2018, 18:18
Confirmed User

Binge watched it last month with SWWTT (She Who Wears The Trousers), normally straight laced she immersed herself in the series primarily due to the time, costumes etc, Yup, Tom Hardy IMHO is one of the best actors of his generation, few actors could have carried off "Locke" well, if at all, a master class in acting.
Aye,
M.
Old 4 April 2018, 12:49
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Hardy's great, he's one of those actors who totally submerges himself into the character he's playing.

I'm just finishing up season 1 on DVD, and the only complaint I have is that there are no subtitles. All due respect for our friends across the pond, but when some of those lads from the East End start laying it on thick with the cockney accent, I have to sometimes pause and go back a few frames to get it right. Of course, I sometimes have the same problem with Aussie and Kiwi accents.

Sorry to see a couple of the characters get killed off, particularly Winter (who I think will probably still appear as some sort of vision in later seasons) and the mohawked compadre of Atticus. It took me a few frames also to recognize Atticus as the same actor who played Tommy in Snatch, Stephen Graham.

Another actor who can really sink into whatever character he's playing.

Our new posting rules