Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 19 June 2017, 22:16
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post

So...what exactly did he do that was productive. To me, he is no different than someone who opens up on people in a mall. What exactly did he accomplish by running over them and "manning up"? He isn't an example of anything good, IMO. Maybe I'm just one of those that say it and don't back it.
You misunderstood my point, Agoge. Read the first 8 words of my post again - I don't agree with or in any way, shape, form, or fashion condone his actions, not even one iota. As far as I'm concerned, he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, what I can appreciate is the fact that unlike so many people who rant and rave and talk incessantly about how "we" should kill "them" all because every last one of "them" is a "fill-in-the-blank-with your-favorite-slur/insult/ethnic epithet", at least this guy didn't just sit around talking shit like a blowhard, know-it-all tough guy. I'm sick and tired of reading and hearing nonsensical bullshit on the net, radio, and television from people who run their mouths about what supposedly "needs" to be done and are happy to see someone else do it because they don't have the nerve to go out and do it themselves.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 19 June 2017, 22:17
Administrator

I've had enough. Closed until we can clean up the crap posts.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules