Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 May 2017, 18:28
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Cutler joins Romo in broadcast booth

Not really joining him, he'll be on the #2 broadcast team, basically taking the place of John Lynch. He should be a pretty good analyst, especially when talking about all the things that the QB did wrong when he threw that last interception.

Experience counts, and Jay has a ton of it when it comes to throwing to the opposing team.
Old 17 July 2017, 13:31
Confirmed User

Carolina Panthers fire GM Gettleman. Not really giving any explanation, but it's rare as hell to shit can a GM at this time of year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eneral-manager
Old 17 July 2017, 14:32
#AllLionsMatter

Red face Cam Newton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Carolina Panthers fire GM Gettleman. Not really giving any explanation, but it's rare as hell to shit can a GM at this time of year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eneral-manager
If Cam Newton would stop dressing like some Euro fag and wear real men clothing, then he could lead the team, his clothing style is way out there and confusing.

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 17 July 2017, 14:45

In KidA's universe, Cam Newton is a stylin' fool.

Old 17 July 2017, 14:46
Confirmed User

Ha. More likely he was going to dick around with some big contracts (Greg Olson/Thomas Davis) and lose the players they shouldn't have lost, like DeAngelo Williams and Josh Norman. Seems that Richardson started getting jittery when Gettleman rescinded Norman's franchise tag last year.
Old 17 July 2017, 17:22
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Ha. More likely he was going to dick around with some big contracts (Greg Olson/Thomas Davis).
That's a fair part of it. Richardson is very sensitive to public perception of his franchise. Any negative publicity for the Panthers is expected to quickly result in the expulsion of the person responsible for it, from players to coaches to front office personnel to Richardson's own two sons. Marty Hurney's teams went to the super bowl in 2003, the NFC championship in 2005, and were the top NFC seed going into the playoffs in 2008, but firing fan favorite John Kasay in 2010 and having a bad year in 2011 cost him his job. Gettleman, likewise, had some successful years, but discord with popular players and a bad season last year got him fired. Hurney might have lasted longer than Gettleman only because the rise of social media has made bad publicity more effective more quickly.

Gettleman can be replaced. He's already done a fair job setting the Panthers up for success this season, so the new GM will get a head start on the work for next offseason, when the GM does most of his actual work.

The bigger question mark surrounds the rest of the front office. The team president resigned in February and hasn't been replaced (in the Panthers organization the president handles everything not involving the players and coaches, such as the stadium, travel, accommodations, practice facilities, cheerleaders, public relations, etc,). Gettleman's top assistant left in the spring to become the GM in Buffalo. There is a huge void in the leadership structure between the owner and the head coach, with assorted assistants handling affairs in the absence of the necessary authority/title/pay that go with those jobs. The owner isn't getting any younger, and while he has promised to never move the team out of Charlotte, there is no clear succession plan for when he dies; he has already had one heart transplant several years ago, so him dying would surprise nobody. Perhaps he is looking at hiring a complete management staff to carry on without him.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 17 July 2017, 17:52
Anesthetized User

Well, Kaepernick is still unsigned. That is most likely the biggest pre-season non-story, story. I do not see him starting anywhere this season if ever again, baring injury to a starter if he is the backup.

Was not THAT good to begin with. Sort of one dimensional, took defenses 1 year to figure him out. Then decided to go full-retard and not stand for our national anthem. Good for him, I support his right to do it. Whether I agree or not. But it does come with consequences. Also being reported GM's and owners do not want the distraction. Don't blame them. Now he wants starting quarterback wages and if he gets signed will be a backup, something it is being reported he will not accept. So, let me leave it this way.

Buh-bye.

Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing?

Support SOCNET.
Old 18 July 2017, 08:17
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
In KidA's universe, Cam Newton is a stylin' fool.

I do like the bowtie. Bowties are cool. The straw hat, makes me think he's in a barbershop quartet.
Old 18 July 2017, 08:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatmedic View Post
Well, Kaeperdick is still an Asshole.
Fixed it for you, you misspelled a couple of words.

The amount of patience I have is proportionate to the number of witnesses present.
Old 18 July 2017, 13:54

Quote:
Was not THAT good to begin with. Sort of one dimensional, took defenses 1 year to figure him out.
Unfortunately for the Bears, that 1 year started on the night of November 19, 2012, when Kaepernick completely shredded the Bears defense and the Niners won 32-7.

I recall leading up to the game, people thought that the Bears D would feast on the rookie making his first start in the NFL. At that point, the Bears and the rest of the league simply didn't have an answer for him.

He'll probably get called at some point during the season, when QBs start dropping like flies like they always do. Until then, he's just going to be waiting like a lot of other NFL castoffs.
Old 18 July 2017, 14:52
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Unfortunately for the Bears, that 1 year started on the night of November 19, 2012, when Kaepernick completely shredded the Bears defense and the Niners won 32-7.

I recall leading up to the game, people thought that the Bears D would feast on the rookie making his first start in the NFL. At that point, the Bears and the rest of the league simply didn't have an answer for him.

He'll probably get called at some point during the season, when QBs start dropping like flies like they always do. Until then, he's just going to be waiting like a lot of other NFL castoffs.
He should head across the bay. Oakland might take him. But something tells me he is too prissy for them.

Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing?

Support SOCNET.
Old 18 July 2017, 16:21
RIP Cass and SOTB

I hope Kaperdick remains unsigned. He is trash and I don't think teams want the bad PR and negativity that he brings to the locker room and organization in general.

I have a lurking fear that if Bortles shits the bed again this season that the Jags may call him. If so, I resign my fandom of the Jags and will have to figure out another team to cheer for.
Old 18 July 2017, 16:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA_11B View Post
I have a lurking fear that if Bortles shits the bed again this season that the Jags may call him. If so, I resign my fandom of the Jags and will have to figure out another team to cheer for.
No need to worry about that, Tom Coughlin would never even consider signing him!!

However, I do think there's a chance Johnny football could be headed your way!
Old 18 July 2017, 17:08
Been There Done That

Quote:
I hope Kaperdick remains unsigned. He is trash and I don't think teams want the bad PR and negativity that he brings to the locker room and organization in general.
Everyone in the press seems to hype Kaepernick's 4:1 TD to interception ratio. They always seem to omit his starting record:

12-4
8-8
2-6
1-10

Who cares about his other stats with that pattern.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 18 July 2017, 17:23
RIP Cass and SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwood914 View Post
No need to worry about that, Tom Coughlin would never even consider signing him!!

However, I do think there's a chance Johnny football could be headed your way!
Don't put that evil on us Ricky Bobby. Manziel isn't worth a shit either and will bring his own media concerns with him.

Surely there will be some decent free agent quarterbacks after the season. Or maybe a decent one in the draft. I still think we should have drafted Deshaun Watson, but then again, I am a Clemson fan.
Old 18 July 2017, 18:52
Anesthetized User

Vick to Kaepernick: Cut your hair.

Support SOCNET.
Old 18 July 2017, 19:42

Quote:

Surely there will be some decent free agent quarterbacks after the season. Or maybe a decent one in the draft. I still think we should have drafted Deshaun Watson, but then again, I am a Clemson fan.
Mike Glennon was signed by the Bears thinking that he would be their future, until Pace drafted Trubisky in the 2nd round.

More than likely he'll be available again next year, and more than likely so will John Fox. Maybe some team can pick them up in a package deal.
Old 28 July 2017, 12:47
Anesthetized User

Ravens sign David Olson to add a 3rd QB to the depth chart. Not sure who he is, but to me it speaks volumes. Why is this good? It was reported they might take a look at Kaepernick. I can happily report this twatwaffle continues to remain unemployed.

This fuckwit can't even get hired to be the backup, to the backups backup.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...t5R&ocid=ientp

Support SOCNET.
Old 28 July 2017, 16:49

Quote:
Ravens sign David Olson to add a 3rd QB to the depth chart. Not sure who he is, but to me it speaks volumes. Why is this good? It was reported they might take a look at Kaepernick. I can happily report this twatwaffle continues to remain unemployed.

This fuckwit can't even get hired to be the backup, to the backups backup.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...t5R&ocid=ientp
The headline of one sports website was "Who the hell is new Ravens QB David Olson?". They say he may have the least impressive athletic resume of any NFL QB.

They posted up an animated GIF that shows all of his pass attempts in college, obviously he didn't throw many. Based on the GIF, Ravens fans better hope he remains on the sidelines or the practice squad.

Old 28 July 2017, 17:34
Genetically Deplorable

And how sad that an indoor league QB made camp instead of CK? Not comparing him to Brady but Olson's got that clean cut look and unimpressive college stats like the GOAT. Brady was lucky he went as early as the 6th round considering his 40 time at the combine. Did he even cross the line yet?

I'm thinking many teams actually do look at Kap as a starter and do not want any potential drama by having a backup QB who was not so long ago playing in a SB.

Our new posting rules