SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 6 July 2019, 07:49

XD-E

During the recent revolver search, I came across a lightly-used xd-e 3.3" in 9mm. I had been thinking about a smaller summer carry, but have really grown to enjoy my PCR, so another hammer rig with decock seems like a smart path to consistent ergos.

Initial impressions:
similar wts, but the xd carries most forward and the CZ is more 'dispersed'; that being said, and despite differing bore heights, they present oddly similar to me - bonus. I like the action, handles better than xd-s for me

although the PCR decock hinges forward and the SA to the rear, subtle differences in location allows a similar thumb sweep for both; yes, the inclusion of safety-up is dumb/redundant, but I haven't accidently engaged it yet, so doubtfully an issue

slide spring weight is alarming light in the xd-e; as in, potential for feed issues?; only ~300 rds in so far, no problems

main advantage in comfort is the small/shorter grip; however, I continue to be impressed at how well the PCR carries despite its Rubenesque figure

More range time for consistency and accuracy.
Disclaimers:
1. looked at the RAMI, but damn, it's the ugly stepsister of the 75B/PCR
2. yes, I'll eventually see the errors of my ways and embrace the superiority of the 19x. Eventually.

DaveP
Old 6 July 2019, 11:00
Hard to Kill

Pros on the XDE,
Light weight, easy to carry and fully functional DA/SA controls as well as some factory "stippling".

Cons
I am not a fan of DA/SA, but that set aside, I do not like the bore height on the Springfield design of their polymer guns.

The 19X id probably the equivalent of your CZ PCR, but your Glock equivalent for the XD-E is a G 43 or G 43X. (Although I love my G 19X)

Our new posting rules