Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 August 2019, 16:24
Fu King Lawyer Fu King Lawyer is offline
Been There Done That
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,835
Originally Posted by wildman43 View Post

Question FKL, could this individual get money for the time spent in prison, from the state or Feds?
Possibly. Governments enjoy something called "sovereign immunity" where they don't have to pay routine torts, but most waive it in appropriate cases under set conditions and will pay damages. Feds have something called the "Federal Tort Claims Act". Several states have either a similar claims procedure or the legislature passes and the governor signs "private bills" authorizing compensation.
Depending on the state, YMMV. v/r fkl
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:56.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2020