SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 26 July 2019, 21:59
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Meh, shop local and get tossed by a bison..
I hate to laugh at that, but the lack of SA displayed in Yellowstone is unbelievable and has been as long as I can remember.

I've had the conversation more times than I can count, hey you know that's a real live wild 2000 pound animal your kids are walking up on right? Later I changed it to, hey I'm not telling you what to do or anything, but he's about to fuck you up."

When I was a kid, there was a run of two or three times in a short period where Bison just randomly beat the shit out of a VW bug. At least one was completely totaled. You only have to see pictures of that once before it doesn't seem like a good idea to try to get a closeup. They're gigantic animals.
Old 26 July 2019, 22:07
Ghey floor sweeper

Yeah, people who wouldn’t even think of stepping into a domesticated bull’s pen will bum rush the wild animal that can fuck up hunks of steel.
Old 26 July 2019, 22:12
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Yeah, people who wouldn’t even think of stepping into a domesticated bull’s pen will bum rush the wild animal that can fuck up hunks of steel.
It's just a zoo, what could possibly go wrong?
Old 26 July 2019, 22:53
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
I hate to laugh at that, but the lack of SA displayed in Yellowstone is unbelievable and has been as long as I can remember.

I've had the conversation more times than I can count, hey you know that's a real live wild 2000 pound animal your kids are walking up on right?
I've had the same conversation with people around crocodile-infested rivers. Where the warning signs are huge, the area is known ONLY for having massive crocodiles, you can literally see the damn things floating in the river 10 meters away, and yet dumb-fuck parents let their toddlers play on the river's edge.

It's not Yellowstone...it's people.
Old 29 July 2019, 00:39
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdrver View Post
It's just a zoo, what could possibly go wrong?
I worked for the NPS at one point and no shit had someone tell me that " they wouldn't have these animals out here if they weren't safe" when trying to get up close and personal for pictures with an approximately 390" bull elk in September. Same thing happened with bears all the time too
Old 29 July 2019, 06:22
Make a desert and call it peace.

Why are you people all upset at biology working? I strongly encourage morons to get their sprogs killed before they pass those defective genes downward again.

Bunch of softies in here S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 29 July 2019, 19:14
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Why are you people all upset at biology working? I strongly encourage morons to get their sprogs killed before they pass those defective genes downward again.
Take the parents, not the kids.
Old 29 July 2019, 19:24
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:

Traffic gets fucked up for hours.
Old 9 September 2019, 21:23
Confirmed User

https://www.livescience.com/double-dave-bicephalic-rattlesnake.html

Just what we need snakes with two heads.
Old 10 September 2019, 16:39
Authorized Personnel

I didn't really encounter it, but a cougar just walked through my yard, wife is all upset as she was walking our retarded blind dog a few feet away. The cat never broke stride, just turned his head, looked at the dog and kept his slow walk going. Pretty cool we still have these as their habitat is quickly going away.
Old 10 September 2019, 19:34
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:

Yeah, no shit. I'd put up signs encouraging people to pet the Griz... If you are too stupid to know not to pet the Griz, and you go pet the Griz, you get what you need. DNA root canal. More O2 and beer for me.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 26 September 2019, 09:49
Confirmed User

Last night I was working the Stanly County Fair to try and encourage people to sign up to work for the Census Bureau.

I am new to this type of job so I am not real confident or smooth in trying to pitch the job yet.

Me and the individual I was assigned to work with was not really hitting it off so I took a break and went to see the animals.

For some reason the last few years I have started studying mules, burrows and donkeys. Well they a mule I have never seen before and it was a draft mule.

I thought it was a Clydesdale at first. Just standing there you could just feel its strength and power along with seeing all the muscles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg draft mule .jpg (32.8 KB, 191 views)
Old 26 September 2019, 19:18
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye762 View Post
Last night I was working the Stanly County Fair to try and encourage people to sign up to work for the Census Bureau.

I am new to this type of job so I am not real confident or smooth in trying to pitch the job yet.

Me and the individual I was assigned to work with was not really hitting it off so I took a break and went to see the animals.

For some reason the last few years I have started studying mules, burrows and donkeys. Well they a mule I have never seen before and it was a draft mule.

I thought it was a Clydesdale at first. Just standing there you could just feel its strength and power along with seeing all the muscles.
Keep hanging out with mules and you will do fine in your new job! They are either the most beautiful beast of burden or an offspring of Satan! I have found in my working with them over the years that many prior owners abused the heck out of em. One can never be too careful around something that strong!
Old 26 September 2019, 19:30
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
Keep hanging out with mules and you will do fine in your new job! They are either the most beautiful beast of burden or an offspring of Satan! I have found in my working with them over the years that many prior owners abused the heck out of em. One can never be too careful around something that strong!
Mules are smart as shit. If you treat them like they are stupid you WILL get your ass kicked.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John
Old 26 September 2019, 20:29
The atomic zit

Mules were bread to draft. My Dad always said “draw” mule, as in draugth.

I always thought it was his Alabama accent that was developed in Georgia.

His oldest uncle was killed after he forgot to unhook his straps after he unhooked the plow. That mule got spooked on the way back from the field drug the Uncle behind him.

I have seen the St. Louis Clydesdales once in person. I think at the time, I was no taller than their knee.

Definitely an animal that should be very respected.
Old 26 September 2019, 21:24
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Mules are smart as shit. If you treat them like they are stupid you WILL get your ass kicked.
Ya , they are incredibly smart, and a well trained team is worth their weight in gold in the outfitting world. The problem is the shitbirds who know nothing of training an animal, get frustrated cuz they suck at training an animal, abuse the poor thing , then sell the animal. Then dumbasses like me are "ordered" by the boss's wife to put some miles on Ben the mule......I got the fucking busted ribs to prove it.
Old 26 September 2019, 23:10
Legal Immigrant

I have an "Irish Donkey". Every time it brays it sounds drunk. So far it's bitten me twice and kicked me once, and I'm sure it's just because the wife and kids ignore it 24/7, and it gets excited every time it sees me.

Oh yeah...2m carpet python at the front door 2 night ago, found by our cat. How the hell it didn't eat the cat just baffles me.
Old 27 September 2019, 09:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Mules were bread to draft. My Dad always said “draw” mule, as in draugth.

I always thought it was his Alabama accent that was developed in Georgia.

His oldest uncle was killed after he forgot to unhook his straps after he unhooked the plow. That mule got spooked on the way back from the field drug the Uncle behind him.

I have seen the St. Louis Clydesdales once in person. I think at the time, I was no taller than their knee.

Definitely an animal that should be very respected.
Me and my father farmed and logged with Belgian draft horses until I went into the military....my Pop bought a Ford 8N after that.
Old 1 October 2019, 08:23
been ***** **** that

I have always loved the draft horse. I recently was perusing somewhere about the period when Northern WI, MI, MN were virtually clear cut during the paper mill boom. A sad thing , especially for many American Indian tribes. Some of the loads the teams of draft horse's hauled were insane!
Old 1 October 2019, 11:40
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
Oh yeah...2m carpet python at the front door 2 night ago, found by our cat.
As a reminder, YOU LIVE IN AUSTRALIA!!!!! If something is going to kill you and isn't human, it probably lives there among you. I thought you were going to relocate to somewhere in the Pacific Northwest where the mountain lions and brown bears pose less of a threat?

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules