SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 29 June 2019, 01:21
COL Quaritch is my CO

Just noticed they came out with a model in .357 Magnum. I'll have to try that out.
Old 6 August 2019, 15:21

^^ I'd be interested to hear what you think - guessing that would be a handful for sure.

I borrowed S.'s pistol this weekend for some pest control duty. One of her uncles has a barn for old cars and tractors, stuff he takes to the fairs; for some reason this year there's been an influx of squirrels setting up shop and he's been finding chewed wiring, nests in air intakes.
Having fairly close neighbors, we were brainstorming options and I remembered about making .22CB sleeves from fired .22mag cases; cut down a couple dozen, deburred, Bob's your uncle. Worked a charm.

On another front, I've started reading about .32 H&R Mag for a possible next step in the noise/recoil/stopping power trajectory for S.'s home use, since she is liking the LCRx enough to keep up with practice so far.

DaveP
Old 6 August 2019, 15:35
Confirmed User

When my paternal grandfather got older and he wanted a handgun for home defense we bought him either a NEF R73 or H&R 532. It is a five shot DA/SA revolver with a four inch barrel and chambered for 32 magnum.

I love that little revolver even though it is snappy. I think the biggest draw back is that the ammo is a tad pricey.

Last edited by osubuckeye762; 6 August 2019 at 15:58. Reason: additional information
Old 6 August 2019, 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye762 View Post
... a four inch barrel and chambered for 32 magnum.

I love that little revolver even though it is snappy.
Opinion on felt recoil vs a similar weight rig in 9mm or .38 spl?
Thanks!

DaveP

Our new posting rules