SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 12 June 2016, 19:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
The talking points are "this is the deadliest mass shooting in US history" and that is being hammered home in the news. FYI, they do mention terrorism but is more of a secondary thought. Forgive me if I don't share their view, this is the deadliest terrorist attack since 9/11. The tools used should not even be a major point of discussion.
I agree completely...if a weapon is used the media and advocates are quick to point out-- it's all about evil guns that brought about this mass shooting, homicide, etc.--pipe bomb it'd be 100% terrorist attack. I truly do loathe the media these days...bring back Cronkite.
Old 12 June 2016, 19:37
Awaiting the Terrologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
The talking points are "this is the deadliest mass shooting in US history" and that is being hammered home in the news. FYI, they do mention terrorism but is more of a secondary thought. Forgive me if I don't share their view, this is the deadliest terrorist attack since 9/11. The tools used should not even be a major point of discussion.
^^^ Typical of those types in both our countries to deny the truth in pursuit of "the agenda".

RIP to the Fallen and much respect to the LE and Medicos.

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, we will remember them.

Lest We Forget.
Old 12 June 2016, 19:45

The sad thing is that this attack is too "low level" to wake people up. It'll take tens of thousands, probably even hundreds of thousands, to die in one attack in order for this country to actually wake the fuck up.

Not hours after this incident, this story is already being twisted into a 'gun control narrative' and being rammed down the general population's throat in that manner. This story will go away soon. The little coffee-table meeting in the WH this morning already came to that conclusion and issued it's marching orders to their shitlib troops in the field. And they are now dutifully fulfilling their individual missions.
Old 12 June 2016, 19:53
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
I'll bet the Army Reserve Major who threw a packet of bacon on the Raeford Mosques front steps and brandished a pistol, threatened the occupants and was arrested the other day is bouncing off the walls of his Ft. Bragg confinement cell going "I fucken told yooooou!"
Hillary Clinton's going to blame him for it at the funerals.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 12 June 2016, 19:57
Did...did I do that?

Someone the shooter's first/last holds both a Class D and G Florida security officer license, so he was licensed by the state to bear arms for work. That rather negates any arguments about guns, since he was one of the "Only Ones."

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.c...TUS=IND_DETAIL

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-m...ive-terrorism/
Old 12 June 2016, 20:06
Confirmed User

Looks like the trigger Man's daddy had a Pro-Taliban tv channel in CA & ran for President of AFG.

http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_332039/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=O7Gl0Jqp
Old 12 June 2016, 20:18
Authorized Personnel

The new husband of the guys ex-wife is a loopy idiot that is talking about a guy he doesn't even know... He needs to shut his pie hole and stop opining.

I feel bad for the ex, but she obviously has problems picking spouses who aren't cook cooo

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 12 June 2016, 20:19
Confirmed User

The whole media response has got me beyond irritated. Jumping down trumps throat for another "offensive and insensitive" tweet, everything that this dude says has the liberals all triggered. While hillary didn't immediately call for gun control, bernie did in his initial tweet. And Obama can't say that it's Islamic terrorism, but he can call for gun control. I'm so over it. Beyond frustrating listening to all this willful ignorance.
Old 12 June 2016, 20:32
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronErik View Post
Hmm...Brian Williams on MSNBC just said 50 dead and 53 wounded means 103 people were hit by bullets. I bet some of those dead and wounded were trampled in the panic.

There is also the fact that a .223, depending on the type of round could strike one person, continue on and strike someone else. Especially in that kind of crowded environment.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 12 June 2016, 20:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
There is also the fact that a .223, depending on the type of round could strike one person, continue on and strike someone else. Especially in that kind of crowded environment.
Truth.
Old 12 June 2016, 20:40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Pretty rough to hear that some people got out of a back door and then blocked the door after exiting. While an apparent attempt to prevent the shooter from pursuing through that door, it had the consequence of preventing others from escaping and ultimately sealing their fate.

Fight or flight. When someone's brain goes into instinctual flight mode, surviving is the only thing that matters. Sad, but this particular venue was full of the LGBT crowd and a bunch of chicks. Not exactly the types who will turn and fight.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 12 June 2016, 20:41
Confirmed User

I'm firmly against the LGBT movement but nobody deserves this. May the dead rest in peace and a quick and full recovery to the wounded.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Old 12 June 2016, 20:43
Authorized Personnel

If you have been thinking about getting an AR do it. If you have been thinking about getting a second one, or one for the wife, do it.

I see a storm a brewin'. The day might be close where the only place to see an AR is either in your gun case or the SPECOPS museum. No sarcasm intended.
Old 12 June 2016, 20:45
Confirmed User

Sharky's last post.

Ya, over penetration is a problem. My question, not a statement or rebuttle of your thought, is being as he used an AR-15 would the bullet have enough velocity leaving the muzzle but no space in a tight quarters night club to pick up pace to penetrate an adult male?

5.56 tends to fragment in drywall to say nothing of bone & sinew.

Again I'm not trying to discredit or challenge anything just asking...stream of consciousness etc.
Old 12 June 2016, 20:49
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
Sharky's last post.

Ya, over penetration is a problem. My question, not a statement or rebuttle of your thought, is being as he used an AR-15 would the bullet have enough velocity leaving the muzzle but no space in a tight quarters night club to pick up pace to penetrate an adult male?

Again I'm not trying to discredit or challenge anything just asking...stream of consciousness etc.
I don't mean to put words into Sharky's mouth, but I tend to think he was eluding to AP rounds or something similar.
Old 12 June 2016, 21:01
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Sharky's last post.

Pick up the pace? Think about what you said.

Dude, the fastest the bullet ever gets is right at the muzzle, it's all downhill, quickly, from there. Also, light fast bullets,as with 5.56/223, tend to underpenetrate because they fragment, especially at close range where velocity is highest. You can get shoot throughs at long range, where the bullet stays intact due to low impact velocity.

At CQB distances, the only thing that's gonna over penetrate people is bonded core stuff, really tough FMJ's or peripheral hits, like arms, maybe legs, maybe heads or skinny people.

The high kill count is due to duration of event(multiple hours to bleed out and/or finish off the wounded) and the fact that rifles are a whole nother level compared to handguns, both in ease of use and power. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 12 June 2016, 21:03
All Labs Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Hillary Clinton's going to blame him for it at the funerals.
...right after she blames Trump.
Old 12 June 2016, 21:06
Six Minutes!

Quote:
Sharky's last post.

There are far too many variables in commercially available .223/5.56 ammo to make a blanket statement about penetration vs fragmentation in the weapon fired by the shooter. When talking about 5.56 NATO, apples to apples comparisons can be made, since there is a MIL Spec defining all manners of construction (jacket thickness, materials, etc). In the commercial market, all types of different ammo is available, and there are differences that even the buyer might not know based on what is written on the box. For example, Hornady 55 gr FMJ has a jacket thickness of approx. .028" where M193 is .021. XM193, is a marketing name written on commercially made ammo that might mean anything- usually 55 gr. They are not beholden to make ammo to a particular standard other than SAAMI.
Old 12 June 2016, 21:08
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corporate Guy View Post
...right after she blames Trump.
Of course, Mr Trump is tormenting the poor savages who can't possibly be expected to act like humans after being accused of being terrorists and barbarians who kill homos for being homos. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 12 June 2016, 21:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
If you have been thinking about getting an AR do it. If you have been thinking about getting a second one, or one for the wife, do it.

I see a storm a brewin'. The day might be close where the only place to see an AR is either in your gun case or the SPECOPS museum. No sarcasm intended.
Or in your local PD's evidence locker.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our new posting rules