SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 13 June 2016, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
You're right. They don't. Carry on.

[snip]

But it's a long game, not for everyone of course.
This nation doesn't have another 70 years of counter-counter culture revolution. And that's if the tide turned RIGHT NOW. And it still hasn't. That's why they don't matter.

They matter as little as applying a bandaid does to a gangrenous wound. The infection already in our country's blood. In our bones. Only a massive dose of intravenous societal-ciprofloxacin will have any chance of saving the ideals this country was founded upon.
Old 13 June 2016, 16:02
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Daddy Trump just got on the TV and dropped the hammer "bigly" on Islam.

Can't wait to see the whining in the press tommorow. I think this will regain the momentum lost due to the judge incident.
I was waiting on this. Its gonna get interesting with the media, to see how they try and work this to their favor.
Old 13 June 2016, 16:41
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Where are they at? What channel? What national news network has them on (lol, besides Fox)? Where are they picketing at? What "extremist" LGBT event are they using megaphones to shame? What anti-gun cuck apologist are they doxxing and trying to have fired? What BLM lives are they ruining? What are the congressional halls they are packing in and shouting down and harassing staffers and interns? What presidential candidate are they forcing off stage?

Some milqu-toast little based gay-boy talking about how he 'understands' that guns are not the problem, in a rational well-thought out tone, isn't a counter-force to the fucking vast golden-hordes of hentai-masturbating demi-sexual freaks that's running the LGBT show now.

And it damn sure isn't anywhere remotely effective against the shitlib subversive powers that are coordinating and supporting these radical LGBT fronts.

So in the end, they do not matter. Just as the non-commie conscientious objector sitting at home preaching peace at a home bible study group session doesn't mean a flying fuck to the grunt slinging lead against the VC in some rice-paddy in Asia.
It is a pro gun rights org and you're finding a reason to bash it?
It's a Pro-2A group that should have the support of the gun community.
Old 13 June 2016, 16:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoepoe View Post
I think it was pretty cool to show solidarity. There's not much the TA municipality can do to prevent it in the US...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
It is a gesture from one of our Allies. Israel isn't in the business of addressing our problems. Showing solidarity in a solemn moment is what we have come to expect from Israel.
I understand it was a gesture from one of our allies. I'm still left asking "so what?". Whenever there is a tragedy, be it a natural disaster, accident, or terrorist attack, the allies of the nation experiencing the disaster put out a "our thoughts and prayers are with so and so during this difficult time" message. In my eyes it's just the norm, it's like saying "I'm so sorry" when someone tells you that their grandmother died, even though you aren't that close to the person that told you in the first place, and you never met their grandmother. Does saying it really make them feel better? Its a societal expectation.

I'm not criticizing Tel Aviv or implying that they didn't do enough, but in the grand scheme I just don't think it really matters that they did it at all. Maybe it brings a little bit of solace to someone who lost someone in the attack who sees these things different than I do, in which case I suppose it has served its purpose, but from my seat it's just political play. Talk is cheap. Britain and other NATO countries committing forces to Afghanistan following 9/11 is a gesture from our allies (and obviously more than just a gesture) worthy of note in my book.

I may just be way too cynical for a 23 year old.

I find it depressing that I am less shocked by this shooting happening and more alarmed by how the fucking window lickers in this country are responding to it. It's amazing that half the people in this country haven't wandered into traffic by now what with how they walk around with both eyes wide shut.
Old 13 June 2016, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5wsf View Post
It is a pro gun rights org and you're finding a reason to bash it?
It's a Pro-2A group that should have the support of the gun community.
I'm not bashing them. If someone would have asked me what I thought of them I would say, "I wish all people had critical thinking skills on par with those individuals". In that regards, I 'support' them.

My criticism was of the assumption (?) being made that these people are an effective counter-voice to the raging storm of anti-2ndA rhetoric that the vast majority of the LGBTers are falling in line with. That the outliers can define the trend.
Old 13 June 2016, 16:53
Isiah 53

This is turning into a 2A thread like discussion. I think DD0311 has made strong valid points and I absolutely agree with him. I still believe the real villain behind the curtain is the media regulators/ownership and the agenda being driven from them. The rest of those who sheepishly accept and promote that agenda are pawns, willing or unwilling doesn't matter. They end up appearing as though they are the majority voice because it is the only voice being allowed to speak on a massive scale. Whether they are libtards, generation snowflakes, LGBT community, it doesn't matter through indoctrination they have chosen to ignore any other argument than their own through a very effective campaign of controlling the message. And for that I blame the censorship of our media sources to push an an agenda. They have chosen to ignore other sources because they have an agenda. You cannot rule the masses if they are well armed.
Regardless, this was mass murder and I pray for all those slain and injured. The weapon of choice argument is also an orchestrated argument meant to
derail and distract from the obvious... A self professed religious fanatic (Islam, in this case) slaughtered and maimed unarmed people. The spin doctors can all burn in hell IMO.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

“A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.” -Francis Bacon
Old 13 June 2016, 16:55
Another pool cleaner

The LGBT movement is all about outliers defining the trend.

And being successful.

2A backers should be perceived as "open-minded" rather than "gun nuts".

Call it politics or playing the game, but we will never win public support otherwise.
Old 13 June 2016, 16:58
Confirmed User

I was surprised at how fast it spread through the gay community.

My bil, who is a sausage hostage living in Japan, knew about it before we did here in the USA. He had already posted a message in solidarity on his facebook page and my wife asked me what it was about.
Old 13 June 2016, 17:05

As an aside, I too smell the acrid stench of leftist organizers behind this 'sudden' LGBT concern involving guns.

Left to their own devices, the LGBT crown spins themselves into frenzies involving Harambe Gorilla-shooting, Dentists in Africa, Making being an obese fat-ass socially acceptable, and essentially allowing their dragon-fucking furry fetishes to consume their weird ass pathetic basement-dwelling lives.

This is different. The LGBT crowd is now, because of this incident, becoming a mouthpiece for the REAL leftists. They are attempting to use the same card that the racists use. "You can't refute anything I say because I'm part of the victim class!". And they're the pet-class du jour.

As I sort of alluded to earlier. Immediately after the little coffee-table spin strategy meeting at the White House was concluded Sunday morning..........I will guarantee you there was a designated shitlib in charge of the "actionable items" discussed. And was promptly off dialing the subversive "Phone Tree" to coordinate the counter-assault on the narrative.

The Anti-2nd rhetoric came on too fast, too sudden, too concentrated, and too well coordinated with the social media censorship activities to be anything other than a focused and controlled effort from on-high by the left to spin the narrative to their advantage.

And it's working..............
Old 13 June 2016, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
The LGBT movement is all about outliers defining the trend.

And being successful.

2A backers should be perceived as "open-minded" rather than "gun nuts".

Call it politics or playing the game, but we will never win public support otherwise.
Respectfully disagree. IMO --- Although they thrive in being the outliers in society, within their own little hiveminded communities and groups they are the same as any other social group. Conformance is rewarded, aberration is ostracized. Look what they're doing to Milo Yiannopolous. If your assumption was true, they'd be rallying around him (and admittedly, some are).........however, if Milo's father wasn't basically the Greek Mob, I suspect they'd have beaten the fucking shit out of him by now.
Old 13 June 2016, 17:19
Confirmed User

Mass Shooting At Orlando Club

Has anybody here read specifically if the shooters magazine capacity was 30 rounds on his magazines or something else?

(Or should I say "clip" like the so called main stream media?)
Old 13 June 2016, 17:19
Confirmed User

DirtyDog - you got this right. They have a pre-built community organizer engine from their recent civil rights movement and will just tap in to that infrastructure. They will just grab this and run with it - potentially. Community organization feeds the larger beast and is necessary for an effective campaign. Wouldn't you long tabbers agree its not that different from aspects of UW with indigenous peoples? They will get Pineland to support their agenda and are poised to do it. What is the countermeasure?

As far as a 2A discussion for this thread - it simply moved with the media/social media focus. I don't think anyone intentionally steered it. We are just reflecting the current national discussion.
Old 13 June 2016, 17:21
Confirmed User

Does the name Marcus Dwayne Robertson sound familiar.
He may be tied to this killer.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/28/ny-gang-boss-resurfaces-as-terrorist-recruiter-at-florida-mosque-say-feds.html
Old 13 June 2016, 17:26
Been There Done That

I don't think the "good guy with a gun" argument is going to cut it this time around. Its just not rational to expect that people go to a nightclub with pistols. I can't imagine trying to dance to dance to techno with a pistol strapped to my waist. How many pocket pistols would go flying out of people's shorts and skittering across the floor?

The better argument is "We have had the dreaded semiautomatic handgun and rifle with us since the end of WWI- and we didn't really have massacres until the 1980s. Let's look at the changes to our society that have inspired people to do such things- breakup of the nuclear family, violent video games, constant bombardment of violent images on TV, overuse of psychotropic drugs to medicate people, unchecked immigration, ect"
19 Oct 2017
Old 13 June 2016, 17:51
War on Christmas veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwelder View Post
I would also like to see of the local Muslims who are showing public support for the victims and the gay community, if any attend the mosque where that cleric spoke.
Here you go.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-...ondemn-attack/
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...612-story.html

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 13 June 2016, 17:55
Authorized Personnel

Quote:

The better argument is "We have had the dreaded semiautomatic handgun and rifle with us since the end of WWI- and we didn't really have massacres until the 1980s. Let's look at the changes to our society that have inspired people to do such things- breakup of the nuclear family, violent video games, constant bombardment of violent images on TV, overuse of psychotropic drugs to medicate people, unchecked immigration, ect"
Agreed. One of my favorite videos still. One may also include the instant, over-the-top media/Internet coverage worldwide as another motivational factor.

RIP to the killed.
Old 13 June 2016, 18:11
Been There Done That

Funny how the first people to cry gun control have armed men guarding them
Old 13 June 2016, 18:54
Been There Done That

Quote:

Agreed as well.

One side screams, "Ban the guns!" or "We need more gay rights/diversity!" Using this horrific event to push their agenda and silence any opposition to their political position or sexual lifestyle.

The other side screams, "Ban/Kill all the Muslims" and "We need more Govt. control, moderating, and spying on us!"

Whenever either side talks about doing things for our "safety and security" I get a bit concerned. And it amazes me how many Americans will just about embrace anything in the name of tolerance, diversity, security, safety.

As in the past, we have let knee jerk reactions to a horrific event take away and whittle down little by little our freedoms.

And of course no one wants to get to the facts, behind much of why this is happening as Mako states.

Just another side show to take our eyes of how our liberties, freedoms and rights are continually being eroded.

Yeah, I don't really have much hope anymore for America.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13 June 2016, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
Has anybody here read specifically if the shooters magazine capacity was 30 rounds on his magazines or something else?

(Or should I say "clip" like the so called main stream media?)
I never heard if it was a gun that could be full auto or not. Some anti-gun nut on TV was protesting that nobody should be able to own guns that can shoot 700 rounds in a minute or two.
I don't think it can but I don't know. Maybe somebody else knows for sure.
Old 13 June 2016, 19:03
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
The FBI does not work well with locals. They swoop in for interviews, don't tell you ahead of time, and swoop out. They don't request assistance, nor ask for input.

Locals have the scoop. And I'm not talking just local Detectives. I am talking local beat cops. That is who the FBI needs to be dealing with.

That said, this guy apparently was interviewed 3 times as part of two separate investigations. It was just reported on Fox Business that he has made multiple trips to the ME in the last few years. This, along with his online rants should have made him more of a investigative target. However, there are only so many FEEBS.
If you were talking about pre-9/11 I would agree with you 100%. Post 9/11 it has been my considerable experience that you would be wrong, at least in the CT arena. Unlike local/state LE agencies the bureau is restricted in the investigative techniques that may utilize in following leads.

If the lead is for an assessment then they are restricted to x-number of techniques. If the investigation is a PI or preliminary investigation then they can add more techniques to the equation. Finally, if the investigation is a FI, Full Investigation, even more techniques are utilized. All these techniques are directives from the USAG and all timelines etc must be adhered to.

I do agree that SOME local cops have the 'Scoop" but not all. I have no idea what/if any experience you have investigating attacks against the homeland but suffice it to say that IMHO a person doesn't belong on a list because someone MAY have used a poison pen or there just isn't enough info, evidence to continue investigation or make an arrest. That is a very slippery slope. YMMV.

Our new posting rules