Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Medical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 16 January 2017, 16:21
justamedic justamedic is offline
Very Deplorable
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: LV
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
What sort of back pain do you have?
Pretty much a constant dull pain that sometimes worsens if I sleep weird or have a heavy workout or strenuous day. It runs parallel to my spine just in the area where my thoracic meets my lumbar spine. I'd say T11/T12 to L2/L3.
__________________
Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 23 January 2017, 02:54
schibbs schibbs is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West Salem, Wi 54669
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamedic View Post
Pretty much a constant dull pain that sometimes worsens if I sleep weird or have a heavy workout or strenuous day. It runs parallel to my spine just in the area where my thoracic meets my lumbar spine. I'd say T11/T12 to L2/L3.
I believe many of us suffer pain in the same area. Mine is an accumulation of injuries, carrying heavy loads, finishing concrete for years , etc. I have quite a bit of degeneration in the lower back. It took 10 years of taking it easy, keeping my weight down and I quit pouring concrete full time. Back pain is liveable now and I haven't dropped to my knees in pain or peed myself in several years!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 23 January 2017, 23:08
justamedic justamedic is offline
Very Deplorable
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: LV
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I believe many of us suffer pain in the same area. Mine is an accumulation of injuries, carrying heavy loads, finishing concrete for years , etc. I have quite a bit of degeneration in the lower back. It took 10 years of taking it easy, keeping my weight down and I quit pouring concrete full time. Back pain is liveable now and I haven't dropped to my knees in pain or peed myself in several years!
Hopefully I never get to that point. I have yet to see a physician or get anything documented for fear of jeopardizing any future opportunities. As in... I don't want it on paper.
__________________
Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 24 January 2017, 01:04
Johnston Johnston is online now
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 86
In singapore we just drop it in curry and never think about it. It also doesn't cost 5 american dollars for 450 grams of it

I have my own way of ingesting my turmeric and bet no one here has thought of it yet: i make my own spice blend, i buy spices in 100 gram (3.5 Oz) packets and i mix up the number and type of spice packets in a container, shake well and the resulting mix can be carried around easily.

Parsley, black/white/red pepper, cayenne pepper and various types of herbs i have tried so far and it all goes well on anything and everything, steaks, rice, soup - adjust the blend according to your personal taste, try it, you might like it
__________________
Im just a lowly gunner.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 16 March 2017, 07:40
Hoggmedic Hoggmedic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20
Curious, does anyone know if turmeric causes any skewed results on drug testing? We test for the most common controlled substances, but, even if I were to be pain free, losing my job would cause a different kind of pain that turmeric could not fix.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 16 March 2017, 14:35
Purple36's Avatar
Purple36 Purple36 is offline
Swimming Upstream
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East Coast
Posts: 8,681
Soooo, I have been using Tumeric now for what, two months or so? I have to say that it has made an positive impact on the pain in my wrist...when I stop taking it, the pain and soreness returns. I use both fresh root in my smoothie, but also a Theracumin emptied into the smoothie. Happy to see something helps that is not a drug.
__________________
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 16 March 2017, 16:24
poison poison is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggmedic View Post
Curious, does anyone know if turmeric causes any skewed results on drug testing? We test for the most common controlled substances, but, even if I were to be pain free, losing my job would cause a different kind of pain that turmeric could not fix.
No way. Some curcumin pills have bioperine/piperine added. This is simply a black pepper extract, which is included because it increases absorption many times. Neither will do anything on their own in a drug test, HOWEVER: piperine increases absorption of many drugs, to the point it can be problematic to take with prescription drugs due to the danger of overdose (all of a sudden you absorb 90mg out of 100mg of whatever, instead of 45mg).

FYI, naringin, found in high levels in grapefruit juice, has a similar effect (through a different MOA). Many drugs put warnings not to take with grapefruit or grapefruit juice.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 16 March 2017, 20:48
Stretch Stretch is online now
The atomic zit
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Capital of the Old North State
Posts: 2,170
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
Soooo, I have been using Tumeric now for what, two months or so? I have to say that it has made an positive impact on the pain in my wrist...when I stop taking it, the pain and soreness returns. I use both fresh root in my smoothie, but also a Theracumin emptied into the smoothie. Happy to see something helps that is not a drug.
Good news. I've been using it often on I imagine but not sure it's been building up in my system. I have not taken aspirin or ibuprofen in sometime. I do not have chronic pain, but on the other hand I do not have what I consider old people pain.

Translation to that voice text above, it is working for me so far. I hope it continues for you.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 17 March 2017, 10:26
chokeu2's Avatar
chokeu2 chokeu2 is offline
Voodoo guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,270
They key to getting the most out of taking Tumeric is that you also need to take a "fat" to get max absorption. I drop a piece of Tumeric into my smoothies, along with a teaspoon of coconut.

Tumeric has definitely played a role in easing inflammation that was part of the gift package that came along with a broken back from last year.
__________________
Water-Coffee-Whiskey-Repeat
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 18 March 2017, 12:07
Hoggmedic Hoggmedic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 20
Thanks for the info
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET