SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 15 January 2020, 21:47
Confirmed User

11 Y/O Massachusetts Girl Abducted/Recovered

An 11 y/o girl was abducted this afternoon in Springfield, MA while walking home from school. The car used was found on the Mass Turnpike by State Police with a male suspect and the victim. So far she is not believed to have been harmed.

This was a great outcome due to partnership between local/state police, media, and the public.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/springf...FzpETTHAGP9KH8
Old 15 January 2020, 23:37
Mindset is Everything

I'm glad to hear it ended well for her and her parents.
Old 17 January 2020, 06:47
Been There Done That

Scary stuff.
Old 17 January 2020, 07:45
Been There Done That

Looks like a couple of civilians saw the car with the girl in it. they called 911 and followed the car until the police caught up to them.
Old 17 January 2020, 10:35
Anesthetized User

Good news indeed.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 17 January 2020, 11:09
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopp700 View Post
Looks like a couple of civilians saw the car with the girl in it. they called 911 and followed the car until the police caught up to them.
Thank God.
Old 19 January 2020, 19:24
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

It would be nice if we could "fast track" things from this point forward....this predator was going to rape and kill her, or hold her in sexual slavery and then kill her, and we all know it. Putting him in prison is not a guarantee he will never attempt it again, it just means if he EVER gets out, he will have a chance to try it again. I say we can't take that chance, and shouldn't have to pay the $30-$40K@year it would take to find out, multiplied by the rest of his worthless life. There needs to be a special category for dealing with this kind of abduction when the whole thing is this clear cut, the better to protect other children by sending the message to these types that they better keep their shit on a fantasy level.

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 19 January 2020, 21:06
shiver me timbers

Very glad to hear she’s safe now.
Old 19 January 2020, 22:08
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Putting him in prison is not a guarantee he will never attempt it again, it just means if he EVER gets out, he will have a chance to try it again. I say we can't take that chance, and shouldn't have to pay the $30-$40K@year it would take to find out, multiplied by the rest of his worthless life. There needs to be a special category for dealing with this kind of abduction when the whole thing is this clear cut, the better to protect other children by sending the message to these types that they better keep their shit on a fantasy level.
I understand your anger and your point here, and don't disagree with it in general.

But I can point to 280 people who were wrongfully accused or convicted of child sexual assault.

And I can point to 123 people who were going to be killed by the State for crimes they didn't commit.

Until you can guarantee that we'll never execute another innocent person, we can't take the risk. We can't execute another person.
Old 20 January 2020, 01:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Until you can guarantee that we'll never execute another innocent person, we can't take the risk. We can't execute another person.
While I'm in agreement that our justice system needs to be reformed (drastically) I believe that your line of thought (dealing in absolutes) does not stand the test of reality.
Old 20 January 2020, 05:41
Been There Done That

All I can tell you is I have an 11 year old niece - if somebody abducts her there will be justice unmercifully distributed.
Old 20 January 2020, 14:10
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
While I'm in agreement that our justice system needs to be reformed (drastically) I believe that your line of thought (dealing in absolutes) does not stand the test of reality.
Well, how many innocent people are you willing execute?

I know that's an extremist argument, but that's basically what we're saying if we continue with the death penalty. It is absolute and irreversible. Ergo, it's in society's best interests to be absolutely certain that we're only executing people who are truly guilty of the crime they've been accused of.

But we've shown through concrete examples that the justice system doesn't always get it right, and that we've already executed innocent people, in modern times.

Given the choice of paying for someone to stay in prison for the rest of their lives vs bearing the guilt of the state killing an innocent person, I'll pay for the prison stay, every time.
Old 20 January 2020, 18:06
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Well, how many innocent people are you willing execute?
Meh, you're being played as a sucker. Innocent? Such loaded terms.

Quote:
I know that's an extremist argument, but that's basically what we're saying if we continue with the death penalty. It is absolute and irreversible. Ergo, it's in society's best interests to be absolutely certain that we're only executing people who are truly guilty of the crime they've been accused of.

But we've shown through concrete examples that the justice system doesn't always get it right, and that we've already executed innocent people, in modern times.
The entire legal system is a farce. Transactional justice and contrived crisis to lead the sheep down the path chosen for them. The DP has been turned from it's proper role of permanently getting rid of habitual recidivist vermin into some sanctimonious, moralistic virtue signalling for the emotionally crippled.

"Oh, he killed X,Y,Z protected class!! REEEE!!!! Execute him!!"

Quote:
Given the choice of paying for someone to stay in prison for the rest of their lives vs bearing the guilt of the state killing an innocent person, I'll pay for the prison stay, every time.
You're spending other people's money, such strident moral purpose

Qui bono? Who's making money off this whole shit show?

Take the moral preening out of it; three felonies(including, perhaps especially, financial crimes), IE habitual career criminals and just inject 'em with a massive doze of opiates, bang, done.

Quote:
Troopers removed the man driving the car, 24-year-old Miguel Rodriguez, of Springfield, at gunpoint after spotting a knife in the pocket of the driver's side door.
Damn, Miguel Rodriguez, of Springfield...I recall that being one of the founding families on the Mayflower, how far they've fallen Fucking Clown World. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 20 January 2020, 20:00
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Meh, you're being played as a sucker. Innocent? Such loaded terms.
You'd prefer "not guilty?" That's fine; I don't care what term you use. I'm talking about the State killing people for a crime they didn't commit. Choose your own word.

Quote:
The entire legal system is a farce. Transactional justice and contrived crisis to lead the sheep down the path chosen for them. The DP has been turned from it's proper role of permanently getting rid of habitual recidivist vermin into some sanctimonious, moralistic virtue signalling for the emotionally crippled.
I'm unaware of states that only prescribe the death penalty for repeat offenders.

Quote:
You're spending other people's money, such strident moral purpose

Qui bono? Who's making money off this whole shit show?
I pay taxes in four different states, all with the death penalty, so It's my money I'm talking about here. Federal taxes too.

Everyone's making money off of this, no matter what we do. That State makes it if the guy lives or dies. The lawyers lose out if we take away capital punishment because we won't have all the mandatory appeals and reviews.

Quote:
Take the moral preening out of it; three felonies(including, perhaps especially, financial crimes), IE habitual career criminals and just inject 'em with a massive doze of opiates, bang, done.
You said up above it's a shitshow, but you're willing to kill someone over three felonies, knowing that how you're charged depends as much on the zip code as it does your color. You come across to me as being really blase about the possibility of killing an innocent person. What do you want to do when that happens? If you throw the wrong guy in prison for 30 years or so, you can throw some money at him (in some states) and tell him "Oops. Sorry," and at least feel like you tried to make it right. But what do you do when they killed the wrong guy?

And while we're talking about wrongful convictions, does the state owe anything to future victims? If we pick up Johnny Ray for that rape, but it was actually Billly Joe, and Billy Joe goes on to rape a bunch of other women while Johnny's in prison because the prosecutor hid exculpatory evidence, what does the state owe to Billy's other victims?
Old 23 January 2020, 19:45
Custom User Title

Quote:
I understand your anger and your point here, and don't disagree with it in general.

But I can point to 280 people who were wrongfully accused or convicted of child sexual assault.

And I can point to 123 people who were going to be killed by the State for crimes they didn't commit.

I believe in the death penalty in theory and there are plenty of people who need to be erased. But in my short career I have seen enough false accusations, bad eyewitness IDs and fabrications that I don't trust society to do it right.
Old 25 January 2020, 16:14
Confirmed User

Charges upgraded to 3 counts of Aggravated Rape of a Child.

I am sure they did a sexual assault exam (Rape Kit) at the hospital and a Forensic Interview at the area Children's Advocacy Center.

https://www.whio.com/news/national/s...5RWycpj9S8fLI/
Old 25 January 2020, 16:31
Legal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Charges upgraded to 3 counts of Aggravated Rape of a Child.
Arguments about the perfection of the justice system and its track record of executions aside - Anyone who does this needs to be eradicated from our planet.
Old 25 January 2020, 19:10
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
Arguments about the perfection of the justice system and its track record of executions aside - Anyone who does this needs to be eradicated from our planet.
Absolutely. By the way, he has an open case for indecent assault and battery on a child under 14. I don't think there's a single police officer in this state who's surprised he was out on bail.
Old 26 January 2020, 04:48
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
You come across to me as being really blase about the possibility of killing an innocent person.
"Yeah well, you're not from Chicago".......

Seriously, it happens so often there you sort of get used to it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
Inmates doing jobs society won't......

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 29 January 2020, 06:55
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino0311 View Post
I believe in the death penalty in theory and there are plenty of people who need to be erased. But in my short career I have seen enough false accusations, bad eyewitness IDs and fabrications that I don't trust society to do it right.
Same. It would have to be "caught red handed" type stuff. This was.

Our new posting rules