SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 10 May 2020, 15:03
Been There Done That

I went 4 days without eating in SERE school. That hunger was easy compared to the deep down bone hunger that I had in Ranger School.
Old 10 May 2020, 22:54
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 View Post
My high point in Ranger School was the land nav course. I kind of ran it, realizing my mistake as I trotted up to the bleachers much too soon. I had refined my navigating skills at the Hoffman training area, and did not want them to know I was an SF qualified 2LT. It was probably the next morning when I separated my shoulder and broke my collar bone, so my concerns didn't come about. That ride to the hospital was humbling.
My land nav was dark into daylight. 5 of 6 points in the SW side, the 6th point in the SE corner. Got the 5 easily and quickly, and I could take a chance on the 6th, and maybe not get back in time, or stroll back and get a couple hours of sleep.

Turn in my score card, the RI looks at it and asked why I didn’t go for the 6th.

“I know I got the 5.”

“You’ve still got time.”

“Roger Sar’nt, plenty for a good nap”.

“I aught to give you a major minus.”

well shit, I didn’t factor that one into consideration.

I got a solid 2 hr nap.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 10 May 2020, 23:41
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
AZSqEALDUDE, So......where is the story about how you royalty fcked up on the teams, in order to be sent to Ranger school as punishment and to redeem yourself? We patiently await the background story.
Ha! I didn't screw up. I practically had to beg to take the slot from my Platoon AOIC who was heading to SDV school as well and didn't want both of the nut kicks. I wanted to go after my first deployment of reading Six Silent Men....that and chasing Filipinas and Thai girls.
Old 10 May 2020, 23:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbarnes View Post
I had a number of SEALs in my RS class. I would not be so sure about map and compass training.
Yeah well I did get recycled in Darby for land nav.
Old 10 May 2020, 23:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
I went 4 days without eating in SERE school. That hunger was easy compared to the deep down bone hunger that I had in Ranger School.
I know that EXACT feeling! Went to SERE about three months after RS. Couldn't understand why all those pilot and aircrew guys were being such pussies about being "hungry". Lol!

Our new posting rules