Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen (SWCC)

Closed Thread

Old 16 March 2017, 00:29

SWCC Verification

Hello Everyone, I work for a law enforcement agency in Southern California as a training coordinator (I'm a civilian, not sworn). We recently took on a new person in our unit who is claiming to have served in SWCC from 2001 to 2005. He tells pretty outlandish stories and interjects SWCC into nearly every conversation. It would be bad enough if he was just spouting off in our office, but he gives briefings and training classes to new members of our department. During these briefings he always tells 'war stories' about being 'downrange' and 'under fire' and serving in 'special ops'. If possible, I would like to verify whether or not this person served in SWCC. I can provide his name, years of claimed service and the boat team he claims to have served with in a private message. I thank you very much for your time.

Respectfully,

SP
Old 16 March 2017, 13:01
Been There Done That

Send me a PM with his info and I'll see if I can find anything on him.
Old 17 March 2017, 06:30
snafu

Send me the info too if he was on the west coast I'll know him!!
Old 17 March 2017, 13:27

He is definitely claiming west coast service...PM's sent...thank you for checking.
Old 17 March 2017, 16:53
Been There Done That

SP, I have a few videos on Youtube. I've taken the unofficial stance of outing our illustrious phony SWCC in about a similar capacity as Don Shipley. PM me with some info and I'll get verification real quick. I can either give you some info on how to handle it on your end or I can take on the task of putting together a package and lighting this guy up...proper!
Old 17 March 2017, 16:56
Been There Done That

Anyone on the west coast serving during those periods can definitely verify whether or not he was out there. I have the connection to verify whether or not he actually went to/graduated from SWCC school. (Solid connection!) when I do verifications i do it in triplicate to make sure I'm not fucked up. but SWCC being such a small community...we are able to do it at a much lower level. If need be, I'll order up an FOIA and throw true American fact at him and steal his fucking soul!!!
Old 17 March 2017, 17:20
Been There Done That

Guilty until proven innocent comes to mind......
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 17 March 2017, 17:29
Authorized Personnel

I believe he is a legit 12 guy based on some mutual FB friends and now I recognize the face. As for his claims, I don't know.
Old 17 March 2017, 19:18

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate your time and efforts. I don't want to out him publicly as he is a sworn peace officer and I don't want to compromise his personal security. If his claims are false we'll handle it in-house. But it looks like his claims could be true. It would be great if he's legit, I dig happy endings.
Old 23 March 2017, 13:32
Been There Done That

Well, duh... Who doesn't like a happy ending?
Old 23 March 2017, 17:52
True Origin Not Known

Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20boatguy22 View Post
Well, duh... Who doesn't like a happy ending?
You numba 10, GI.

Are you fucking serious? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week...and I'm at a senior staff planning conference, so, the bar has been set pretty high. You should be proud. - Gavin
Old 23 March 2017, 18:35
Authorized Personnel

Ha, and on that note...closed!

Our new posting rules