SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations > MEU(SOC)

Old 9 January 2018, 12:46

Resume advice

I am updating my resume and have been out of the contractor loop for about 10 years. I never had the opportunity to work a contract, but was nearly hired in 2005. I was lacking about 2 or 3 months of the one year of high threat environment experience, so Academi (Blackwater then) put me on a list (Selection Program if I remember correctly) for individuals in the same position waiting for a contract that would be willing to waive the experience. The list was long so I never received a call back. I also plan on attending ESI and was wondering if it would make a difference in possibly being selected for a contract. Also, are there any companies out there that allow you to work a static or roving post in less of a threatening environment and allow you to upgrade your training to later advance to PSS or PSD?

Description of my 4 year enlistment:
I served as a machine gunner with 3/6 I Co, Weapons Plt. We were involved in early OEF securing Kandahar airport. I have taken part in 2 combined arms exercises in Israel, 2 training operations in Egypt, and one in Jordan. We were required to attend Special Operations Training Group prior to both deployments. Any advice on what to add, subtract or keep would be great. Thank you all for your time.
Old 9 January 2018, 12:49
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_7.62 View Post
Any advice on what to add, subtract or keep would be great.
An introduction....
Old 1 February 2018, 00:45

Finding a good contract is easier of you have a buddy who can vouch for you or give you the low down. Otherwise, I recommend seeking out a recruiter on Linkdin to ask those questions to. Also, pay attention to the job requirements for those postings since they're pretty cut and dry. If you have the prerequisites then put it on paper and apply.
Old 1 February 2018, 00:59
Authorized Personnel

You'll get more assistance once you post an intro in the correct area of the forum.

No, ESI won't help you land a contract. Networking there may...but the cert won't mean shit for the jobs you're targeting.

Our new posting rules