SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 12 August 2019, 08:52
Psalm 91:2

I’ve emailed and called every member of the House and Senate that I know and have called and emailed the House and Senate offices of those I don’t know as well.

I have also called the White House comment line and also sent an email and will continue doing so.

I’ve been raising hell with the folks I know at the NRA as well though fat lot of good that will do cuz I had already been on their asses about stuff for years and about Wayne resigning and getting their crap together.p and doing what they are supposed to be doing.

I’ve been a member since I was 18 years old and am currently at the Patriot Life Member Patron level though will never go beyond that cuz I’m pretty much done with them and their crap.

I’ve been raising hell for a while now with them along with refusing any attempt at fundraising. My message has been when Wayne Lapierre resigns and they get their crap together THEN we can talk until then piss off.

Lindsay Graham and I have a good friend in common. I reached out to him to try and backdoor an email to Graham. He told me he’d had words with the senator over this and thought Graham thinks this will get more GOP members of Congress elected. I told him it will piss off more of their voter base and the pissed off people will end up voting Libertarian or for a third party candidate and split the vote and get idiot progressives elected instead.

The above has been my mantra in emails and calls. If you want progressives elected then piss off the pro-gun voters and they will split the votes on third party candidates and the progressives will get elected. Next comes more restrictive gun control laws. Also the fact that you cannot legislate evil. Even if we lived in s strict totalitarian society evil would still find a way whether it was guns, hammers, machetes, or trucks etc. If an evil person wants to hurt people they WILL find a way to do it. Evil people don’t follow the law anyway and if bent on killing and mayhem they’ll do it no matter what the law says. And it’s naive to think that knee-jerk “look I’m doing something” type legislation only helps the rabid progressive anti-gun nutters. How about passing legislation to declare Antifa as a terrorist group? How about outlawing covering faces at protests? Or better yet legislation giving immigration laws some real teeth?

The GOP has pissed me off for a long time but I’d vote for a dead maggoty dog before I would vote for a democrat and chance getting a progressive nut job elected especially in the climate of the last four years. That is now even more true. I just don’t see any third party candidate that can win important national seats. I simply see it as splitting the conservative votes and allowing a progressive to be elected. And I’m talking general elections not primaries. Though you have to decide which candidate is better able to win the general election.

Talked to Dick Shelby’s office and asked if he could talk sense into Graham and use his influence to stop this bill. Shelby is playing coy on a re-election bid in 2022 but he’s old & not in good health. This will be his last term as a working senator (I say that cuz he could be in a nursing home & as long as his name is on the ballot as a Republican in the general election he’ll win though it’s long past time he retired WAY long past time).

I’m not as friendly with his current COS as I am with Katie his former chief of staff. Though I reached out to her to see if she had any connections that could be utilized for Graham and McConnel to not even allow it up for a vote. She’s supposed to be getting back with me.

I also reached out to other members of his staff that I know. I am somewhat out of the loop for the last year or two.

Doug Jones is a lost cause and he knows I despise his sorry ass.

But I can continue to call and send emails. If enough people did this it might have some impact. And then I will call and email some more then I will do it all over again and again and again.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 14 August 2019, 07:00
BTDT

Good 'ole Lindsey trots out the favorite of pussies and statists, most often heard in 2001 and 2013, with a modification:

"The Second Amendment isn't a suicide pact"

Very good Lindsey, it's an Amendment in the Bill of Rights, duh.

Background on that statement:

Written by an FDR appointed Judge as a dissent in a free speech case, where the court found in favor of Terminiello, and against the City of Chicago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin...ity_of_Chicago

Amazingly, the commies didn't take over America - he and Joe McCarthy were probably sad.

If you are a South Carolina Republican, I'd love to hear why you vote for this douche?
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"

Last edited by Polypro; 14 August 2019 at 09:41.
Old 14 August 2019, 07:26
BTDT

I didn't want to "Un-Humor" the Humor section.

Re: 'Fredo' Cuomo:

This provided the best case against Red Flag Laws (also known as Gestapo Denunciation Laws), when the President Tweeted that Fredo should be Red Flagged and prohibited from having firearms - yup, it's going to take even less than that, as just a Joe subject of the crown, to be targeted.
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time”

“Take the guns first, go through due process second”

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court"
Old 14 August 2019, 08:08

^ I actually thought the same thing when I saw his tweet. Was going to post but didn’t feel like going through the whole screen grab/imgur upload rigamarole.....
Old 14 August 2019, 08:18
I reckon so. . .

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
I didn't want to "Un-Humor" the Humor section.

Re: 'Fredo' Cuomo:

This provided the best case against Red Flag Laws (also known as Gestapo Denunciation Laws), when the President Tweeted that Fredo should be Red Flagged and prohibited from having firearms - yup, it's going to take even less than that, as just a Joe subject of the crown, to be targeted.
X2. Couldn't believe it.
Old 14 August 2019, 11:33
Been There Done That

Done.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 15 August 2019, 21:26
Authorized Personnel

Done.
Old 16 August 2019, 09:28
33,024 - R.I.P.

I've called my State Congressmen and Senators stating my opposition to ANY bill(s) that include gun bans, gun accessory bans, and to voice my support for H.R. 155. This is a reintroduction of the Hearing Protection Act that was "permanently shelved" by Rep. Paul Ryan after the Vegas shootings. The bill was reintroduced on 1/3/19.

Our new posting rules