SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4201  
Old 22 August 2019, 20:47
Mars's Avatar
Mars Mars is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 8,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
They’re still convicts.
Inmates maybe...but convicts...no. Not all of them have been convicted and many are still waiting for trial.

Inmates fit them perfectly regardless of their sensitive emotions.
Reply With Quote
  #4202  
Old 22 August 2019, 21:43
Jakers Jakers is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Washington State
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-PH View Post
A "justice-involved person" is just a felon with extra steps.
How dare you use such a masculine term as person...perSON...more of the patriarchy suppressing the given rights (notice the missing word there? ) of all peoples. The proper term is per...PER...say it with me now...

What's really sad is that I'm not kidding right now. That's the new, or one of the new big things; removing "son" from "person."

Brave new world indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #4203  
Old 22 August 2019, 23:55
Look. Don'tTouch. Look. Don'tTouch. is offline
killjoy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West
Posts: 1,975
Coming soon, to a theater of idiocy near you..."human" will be addressed since it has "man" in it.
__________________
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Reply With Quote
  #4204  
Old 23 August 2019, 00:04
nofear's Avatar
nofear nofear is offline
Legal Immigrant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia-based
Posts: 3,237
WoMAN. FeMALE. sHE.

Sheesh. Oops...sHEesh!
__________________
"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #4205  
Old 23 August 2019, 12:56
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,010
Why is this guy still a professor? Not to mention being brought in for questioning.

He makes comments about wanting to bash President Trumps head in with a baseball bat. Talks about how he wants to kill off all evangelicals. Declares openly he is member of Antifa.

Now can you imagine if the tables were turned? A professor declares he is a member of the KKK, wants to kill all Muslims, and wants to bash President Obama’s head in with a baseball bat?

Hmmmmm....does he own any guns? Where is that Red Flag law?


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...seball-bat.amp
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #4206  
Old 23 August 2019, 13:13
Armitage12 Armitage12 is offline
Confronting the Reckoning
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Old North West
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
How dare you use such a masculine term as person...perSON...more of the patriarchy suppressing the given rights (notice the missing word there? ) of all peoples. The proper term is per...PER...say it with me now...

What's really sad is that I'm not kidding right now. That's the new, or one of the new big things; removing "son" from "person."

Brave new world indeed.
Can't do that. It's offensive to Scandinavian people.
Reply With Quote
  #4207  
Old 23 August 2019, 13:38
grog18b's Avatar
grog18b grog18b is offline
Clorox bearer for SOTB
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finally back to my 203 range
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Why is this guy still a professor? Not to mention being brought in for questioning.

He makes comments about wanting to bash President Trumps head in with a baseball bat. Talks about how he wants to kill off all evangelicals. Declares openly he is member of Antifa.

Now can you imagine if the tables were turned? A professor declares he is a member of the KKK, wants to kill all Muslims, and wants to bash President Obama’s head in with a baseball bat?

Hmmmmm....does he own any guns? Where is that Red Flag law?


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...seball-bat.amp
Because it's all about THEIR freedom... Not yours or mine.
__________________
"....As far as "rights" are concerned... I look at them this way. I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Reply With Quote
  #4208  
Old 23 August 2019, 18:12
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,010
And in Canada (coming soon to the US) a human rights violation for asking a potential babysitter what their gender is:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/dad-ba...discrimination
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #4209  
Old 23 August 2019, 22:02
wowzers wowzers is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
WoMAN. FeMALE. sHE.

Sheesh. Oops...sHEesh!
Best I've seen was "herstory". Literally.
Reply With Quote
  #4210  
Old 23 August 2019, 22:30
pavegnr's Avatar
pavegnr pavegnr is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: bama
Posts: 1,063
If I was in Canada I don't believe I would be going anywhere the kids couldn't go. I do not believe I would let a male, basically any age, and some females watch my daughters/Grand Daughters. Wonder if I got one of the people from work or church to watch them would I be breaking some kind of bullshit law that takes away my right to choose?
__________________
"Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Reply With Quote
  #4211  
Old 24 August 2019, 13:52
justamedic justamedic is offline
Take care
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: CONUS
Posts: 1,388
What you want Space Force to be: bad ass, outer space alien fighting, expeditionary units expanding the human reaches to the stars while developing outstanding technologies and pushing scientific advancement!


Versus what it will be... a couple of lesbians having a lovers quarrel from space... you can’t make this stuff up. Everyone has problems, but c’mon man. NASA- the smartest people on the planet don’t have policies about workplace relationships? Not to mention, these are probably smart people, but the need to be “inclusive”... Lol. Now this is the face of NASA to the entire world.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nasa-astr...t-divorce-wife
Reply With Quote
  #4212  
Old 24 August 2019, 16:41
KW Driver's Avatar
KW Driver KW Driver is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CONUS
Posts: 996
She had a solid rep until now, I thought.

I still think the winner is the female astronaut who drove from Houston to Cape Canaveral non-stop, wearing a space diaper, chugging energy drinks the whole way to argue with her (married to someone else) boyfriend astronaut and looked like a cracked out tweeker in her booking photo.
__________________
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Reply With Quote
  #4213  
Old 24 August 2019, 18:11
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,010
A far cry from the days of Glenn, Armstrong, etc.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #4214  
Old 24 August 2019, 20:30
KimberChick's Avatar
KimberChick KimberChick is offline
Back on The Farm
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
She had a solid rep until now, I thought.

I still think the winner is the female astronaut who drove from Houston to Cape Canaveral non-stop, wearing a space diaper, chugging energy drinks the whole way to argue with her (married to someone else) boyfriend astronaut and looked like a cracked out tweeker in her booking photo.
I am pretty sure Mrs. Nowak had murder on her mind. Sad fact of the whole situation was she was already married, had three kids and was cheating on her husband with this guy, who was cheating on her with the woman she tried to kidnap and kill. The whole thing was better than any daytime soap eva!!
__________________
"I heard you've been talking shit, you tab-less bitch." - KS11

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John

Last edited by KimberChick; 24 August 2019 at 20:30. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #4215  
Old 25 August 2019, 20:37
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 8,016
The title of this thread still drives me crazy.
__________________
Quote:
The history of the world is the history of war between secret societies"
- Robert Anton Wilson, "The Illuminatus Trilogy"
Reply With Quote
  #4216  
Old 25 August 2019, 22:02
grog18b's Avatar
grog18b grog18b is offline
Clorox bearer for SOTB
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finally back to my 203 range
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Inmates maybe...but convicts...no. Not all of them have been convicted and many are still waiting for trial.

Inmates fit them perfectly regardless of their sensitive emotions.
We could switch to calling them "Institutionally dependent individuals".

Perhaps we should change the title to There IS a progressive agenda?
__________________
"....As far as "rights" are concerned... I look at them this way. I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Reply With Quote
  #4217  
Old 26 August 2019, 02:51
DirtyDog0311 DirtyDog0311 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South
Posts: 7,750
IMO, the title is great because it shows how people are brainwashed into believing nonsense. Even as short as 5 years ago sheep would bleat the mantra that "there is no progressive agenda!". And would call you all sorts of names implying you were a paranoid schizo if you said otherwise.

Reply With Quote
  #4218  
Old 26 August 2019, 15:35
MakoZeroSix's Avatar
MakoZeroSix MakoZeroSix is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 8,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
IMO, the title is great because it shows how people are brainwashed into believing nonsense. Even as short as 5 years ago sheep would bleat the mantra that "there is no progressive agenda!". And would call you all sorts of names implying you were a paranoid schizo if you said otherwise.

As I have tried to explain to you before, the progressives have always been very, very clear that they absolutely have an agenda.

But then again you are one of the crew that insists that members of Generation X are actually "Boomers", despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Hey, nobody except maybe you hates progressives and SJWs more than me, but I just find the title irritating. I'd have named the thread "The Progressive Agenda must be stopped at all costs" or something similar.
__________________
Quote:
The history of the world is the history of war between secret societies"
- Robert Anton Wilson, "The Illuminatus Trilogy"
Reply With Quote
  #4219  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:20
Xenonburnout's Avatar
Xenonburnout Xenonburnout is offline
Isiah 52:13-53:12
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,098
How about “The progressive agenda must be Crushed!”
It’s simple and straightforward... no exceptions.
__________________
"There are thousands hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."-Henry David Thoreau

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

“A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.” -Francis Bacon
Reply With Quote
  #4220  
Old 26 August 2019, 17:37
DirtyDog0311 DirtyDog0311 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South
Posts: 7,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
As I have tried to explain to you before, the progressives have always been very, very clear that they absolutely have an agenda.

But then again you are one of the crew that insists that members of Generation X are actually "Boomers", despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Hey, nobody except maybe you hates progressives and SJWs more than me, but I just find the title irritating. I'd have named the thread "The Progressive Agenda must be stopped at all costs" or something similar.
Not to stir up shit, but I remember very clearly a number of times the leftists/etc have implied and even straight up said that there is "no war on christmas" or other ways to say the same thing: There is no progressive agenda. It was their little gaslighting denial phrase that they'd do every time someone would call them out. They'd scream hellfire and brimstone that conservatives are the crazy ones. That right wingers were paranoid for thinking there was some "vast left wing conspiracy" against traditional American values/traditions/beliefs.

And no, I know very clearly which gen were the "boomers". As you know, younger people just use the phrase now to describe out of touch old people who think the world/nation is still like it was when they were younger. So they say things like "stfu boomer" whenever someone with gray in their hair tries to tell people to "pick themselves up by the bootstraps" or some other out of touch saying.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:16.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018