SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 August 2019, 20:47
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
They’re still convicts.
Inmates maybe...but convicts...no. Not all of them have been convicted and many are still waiting for trial.

Inmates fit them perfectly regardless of their sensitive emotions.
Old 22 August 2019, 21:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-PH View Post
A "justice-involved person" is just a felon with extra steps.
How dare you use such a masculine term as person...perSON...more of the patriarchy suppressing the given rights (notice the missing word there? ) of all peoples. The proper term is per...PER...say it with me now...

What's really sad is that I'm not kidding right now. That's the new, or one of the new big things; removing "son" from "person."

Brave new world indeed.
Old 22 August 2019, 23:55
killjoy

Coming soon, to a theater of idiocy near you..."human" will be addressed since it has "man" in it.
Old 23 August 2019, 00:04
Legal Immigrant

WoMAN. FeMALE. sHE.

Sheesh. Oops...sHEesh!
Old 23 August 2019, 12:56
Been There Done That

Why is this guy still a professor? Not to mention being brought in for questioning.

He makes comments about wanting to bash President Trumps head in with a baseball bat. Talks about how he wants to kill off all evangelicals. Declares openly he is member of Antifa.

Now can you imagine if the tables were turned? A professor declares he is a member of the KKK, wants to kill all Muslims, and wants to bash President Obama’s head in with a baseball bat?

Hmmmmm....does he own any guns? Where is that Red Flag law?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...seball-bat.amp
Old 23 August 2019, 13:13
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakers View Post
How dare you use such a masculine term as person...perSON...more of the patriarchy suppressing the given rights (notice the missing word there? ) of all peoples. The proper term is per...PER...say it with me now...

What's really sad is that I'm not kidding right now. That's the new, or one of the new big things; removing "son" from "person."

Brave new world indeed.
Can't do that. It's offensive to Scandinavian people.
Old 23 August 2019, 13:38
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Why is this guy still a professor? Not to mention being brought in for questioning.

He makes comments about wanting to bash President Trumps head in with a baseball bat. Talks about how he wants to kill off all evangelicals. Declares openly he is member of Antifa.

Now can you imagine if the tables were turned? A professor declares he is a member of the KKK, wants to kill all Muslims, and wants to bash President Obama’s head in with a baseball bat?

Hmmmmm....does he own any guns? Where is that Red Flag law?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...seball-bat.amp
Because it's all about THEIR freedom... Not yours or mine.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 23 August 2019, 18:12
Been There Done That

And in Canada (coming soon to the US) a human rights violation for asking a potential babysitter what their gender is:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/dad-ba...discrimination
Old 23 August 2019, 22:02
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
WoMAN. FeMALE. sHE.

Sheesh. Oops...sHEesh!
Best I've seen was "herstory". Literally.
Old 23 August 2019, 22:30
Been There Done That

If I was in Canada I don't believe I would be going anywhere the kids couldn't go. I do not believe I would let a male, basically any age, and some females watch my daughters/Grand Daughters. Wonder if I got one of the people from work or church to watch them would I be breaking some kind of bullshit law that takes away my right to choose?

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 24 August 2019, 13:52
Take care

What you want Space Force to be: bad ass, outer space alien fighting, expeditionary units expanding the human reaches to the stars while developing outstanding technologies and pushing scientific advancement!

Versus what it will be... a couple of lesbians having a lovers quarrel from space... you can’t make this stuff up. Everyone has problems, but c’mon man. NASA- the smartest people on the planet don’t have policies about workplace relationships? Not to mention, these are probably smart people, but the need to be “inclusive”... Lol. Now this is the face of NASA to the entire world.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nasa-astr...t-divorce-wife
Old 24 August 2019, 16:41
Been There Done That

She had a solid rep until now, I thought.

I still think the winner is the female astronaut who drove from Houston to Cape Canaveral non-stop, wearing a space diaper, chugging energy drinks the whole way to argue with her (married to someone else) boyfriend astronaut and looked like a cracked out tweeker in her booking photo.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 24 August 2019, 18:11
Been There Done That

A far cry from the days of Glenn, Armstrong, etc.
Old 24 August 2019, 20:30
Back on The Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Driver View Post
She had a solid rep until now, I thought.

I still think the winner is the female astronaut who drove from Houston to Cape Canaveral non-stop, wearing a space diaper, chugging energy drinks the whole way to argue with her (married to someone else) boyfriend astronaut and looked like a cracked out tweeker in her booking photo.
I am pretty sure Mrs. Nowak had murder on her mind. Sad fact of the whole situation was she was already married, had three kids and was cheating on her husband with this guy, who was cheating on her with the woman she tried to kidnap and kill. The whole thing was better than any daytime soap eva!!

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. Mattis

"Definition of insanity: Letting the government dictate what the Amendment designed to control the government - means." - Polypro

"The rules only apply when something is going wrong." -Me

"When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man" Elton John

Last edited by KimberChick; 24 August 2019 at 20:30. Reason: typo
Old 25 August 2019, 20:37
Been There Done That

The title of this thread still drives me crazy.
Old 25 August 2019, 22:02
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Inmates maybe...but convicts...no. Not all of them have been convicted and many are still waiting for trial.

Inmates fit them perfectly regardless of their sensitive emotions.
We could switch to calling them "Institutionally dependent individuals".

Perhaps we should change the title to There IS a progressive agenda?

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 26 August 2019, 02:51

IMO, the title is great because it shows how people are brainwashed into believing nonsense. Even as short as 5 years ago sheep would bleat the mantra that "there is no progressive agenda!". And would call you all sorts of names implying you were a paranoid schizo if you said otherwise.

Old 26 August 2019, 15:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
IMO, the title is great because it shows how people are brainwashed into believing nonsense. Even as short as 5 years ago sheep would bleat the mantra that "there is no progressive agenda!". And would call you all sorts of names implying you were a paranoid schizo if you said otherwise.

As I have tried to explain to you before, the progressives have always been very, very clear that they absolutely have an agenda.

But then again you are one of the crew that insists that members of Generation X are actually "Boomers", despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Hey, nobody except maybe you hates progressives and SJWs more than me, but I just find the title irritating. I'd have named the thread "The Progressive Agenda must be stopped at all costs" or something similar.
Old 26 August 2019, 17:20
Isiah 52:13-53:12

How about “The progressive agenda must be Crushed!”
It’s simple and straightforward... no exceptions.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

“A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.” -Francis Bacon
Old 26 August 2019, 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
As I have tried to explain to you before, the progressives have always been very, very clear that they absolutely have an agenda.

But then again you are one of the crew that insists that members of Generation X are actually "Boomers", despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Hey, nobody except maybe you hates progressives and SJWs more than me, but I just find the title irritating. I'd have named the thread "The Progressive Agenda must be stopped at all costs" or something similar.
Not to stir up shit, but I remember very clearly a number of times the leftists/etc have implied and even straight up said that there is "no war on christmas" or other ways to say the same thing: There is no progressive agenda. It was their little gaslighting denial phrase that they'd do every time someone would call them out. They'd scream hellfire and brimstone that conservatives are the crazy ones. That right wingers were paranoid for thinking there was some "vast left wing conspiracy" against traditional American values/traditions/beliefs.

And no, I know very clearly which gen were the "boomers". As you know, younger people just use the phrase now to describe out of touch old people who think the world/nation is still like it was when they were younger. So they say things like "stfu boomer" whenever someone with gray in their hair tries to tell people to "pick themselves up by the bootstraps" or some other out of touch saying.

Our new posting rules