SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:13
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 6,693
I've said it before. Uncle Pervy (Biden) is the only one I think that can contend with him. I know hes creepy. A lot of folks would have voted for Biden if he ran last time.

Agree with Guy. He's probably his own worst enemy but it worked last time.
__________________
I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody...

Karl Childers
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:26
JAFO's Avatar
JAFO JAFO is offline
33,024 - R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 4,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
This is SOCNET, not Stormfront. Use of derogatory words such as "Fag" and "pole-smoking" don't dignify your viewpoint. If you have nothing other than that causing you to oppose the latest unmemorable candidate to join the race, you have a pretty superficial grasp of politics.
My viewpoint is not meant to be "dignified". I'm not a statesman, nor do I represent myself to be. Feel free to call me a bigot, homophobe or whatever. I refuse to be PC when it comes to calling out the Left and their identity politics. I'm not calling for actions against the dude, nor am I inciting violence.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. And this guy Beetlejuice, or whatever his name is...is indeed a fag.
__________________
"Until Jesus gets into the gun business, there will never be a perfect gun.” - Will Larson (iraqgunz) RIP.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:28
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is offline
Unemployed Stunt Double
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Intermediate Area
Posts: 7,777
I'll make my prediction...unless the Democrats get their act together, and find a single candidate they can agree upon, President Trump is going to win in a landslide.

Many Democrat insiders exist completely in an echo chamber, and assume that everyone hates the sitting president as much as they do. They are assuming any Democrat will defeat DJT, and so all sorts of nobodies are throwing their hats in the ring. They are squabbling amongst themselves, and doing the opposition's research for free.

The Republicans made the same mistake leading up to 2012.
__________________
Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:30
gavin's Avatar
gavin gavin is offline
Unemployed Stunt Double
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Intermediate Area
Posts: 7,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
My viewpoint is not meant to be "dignified". I'm not a statesman, nor do I represent myself to be. Feel free to call me a bigot, homophobe or whatever. I refuse to be PC when it comes to calling out the Left and their identity politics. I'm not calling for actions against the dude, nor am I inciting violence.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. And this guy Beetlejuice, or whatever his name is...is indeed a fag.
I'm not going to call you anything. If you want to dumb down the discussion to middle school-level, fine. I'd prefer that SOCNET not become known as that sort of site.
__________________
Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:44
Keganswar Keganswar is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Behind enemy lines NY
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I'll make my prediction...unless the Democrats get their act together, and find a single candidate they can agree upon, President Trump is going to win in a landslide.

Many Democrat insiders exist completely in an echo chamber, and assume that everyone hates the sitting president as much as they do. They are assuming any Democrat will defeat DJT, and so all sorts of nobodies are throwing their hats in the ring. They are squabbling amongst themselves, and doing the opposition's research for free.

The Republicans made the same mistake leading up to 2012.
I think this 100 percent spot on. The current crop of Dems are in a race to see who is the farthest left. While this seems to always happen they have gone far far the to left. I think this will drive any independents away from them in droves. The President has shown he is not afraid to call them out on the ideas they espouse.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:50
JAFO's Avatar
JAFO JAFO is offline
33,024 - R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 4,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I'm not going to call you anything. If you want to dumb down the discussion to middle school-level, fine. I'd prefer that SOCNET not become known as that sort of site.
There's nothing "dumb" or "middle school-level" about it. It is, however, an honest representation of the truth. The guy is gay, and many in this country would rather not see The Presidency occupied by someone's sexual preference. Have you seen what Islamic Fundamentalist do to "fags"? Do you think that might have a negative impact on our negotiating ability with ME countries? Because, that is what the ME countries will call him. Can you just imagine how much worse it will be than when President Obama bowed to the Saudi Kings?

I'm not here to discuss the finer points of homosexuality. I'll leave that up to Sharky. But, calling the guy a fag does not invalidate my opinion. It simplifies the separation of the candidates.
__________________
"Until Jesus gets into the gun business, there will never be a perfect gun.” - Will Larson (iraqgunz) RIP.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 16 April 2019, 11:59
JAFO's Avatar
JAFO JAFO is offline
33,024 - R.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 4,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Many Democrat insiders exist completely in an echo chamber, and assume that everyone hates the sitting president as much as they do. They are assuming any Democrat will defeat DJT, and so all sorts of nobodies are throwing their hats in the ring. They are squabbling amongst themselves, and doing the opposition's research for free..
I agree. The D candidates are trying to separate themselves from which can have the most outlandish idea that is 180 deg out from POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
The Republicans made the same mistake leading up to 2012.
The Republicans put up Mitt Romney. It wasn't necessarily a bad choice. Better than McCain in 2008. At least Romney made a decent challenge during the first debate. But then he faltered on the second and third debates out of fear of not being PC enough. It was sad to watch the uncomfortable grimace on his face during the last two debates. I found myself screaming the answers to the moderators questions at the television, in a weak attempt to help the guy out.
__________________
"Until Jesus gets into the gun business, there will never be a perfect gun.” - Will Larson (iraqgunz) RIP.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:18
Guy's Avatar
Guy Guy is offline
"We're all bad in someone's story...."
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: CONUS @ the moment
Posts: 13,392
Ladies and gents (mostly gents),

Just because you have a platform too express your "political" views. Does not mean you have to go down the road of denigrating persons based on WETF (whatever the fuck).

Get my drift?!?!
__________________
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
2019 Trump wins < YOU ARE HERE
2020 Trump wins & Democrats go wild!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:19
MixedLoad's Avatar
MixedLoad MixedLoad is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 8,921
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
This is SOCNET, not Stormfront. Use of derogatory words such as "Fag" and "pole-smoking" don't dignify your viewpoint. If you have nothing other than that causing you to oppose the latest unmemorable candidate to join the race, you have a pretty superficial grasp of politics.
Agreed.
__________________
“Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re"

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:21
MixedLoad's Avatar
MixedLoad MixedLoad is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 8,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
My viewpoint is not meant to be "dignified". I'm not a statesman, nor do I represent myself to be. Feel free to call me a bigot, homophobe or whatever. I refuse to be PC when it comes to calling out the Left and their identity politics. I'm not calling for actions against the dude, nor am I inciting violence.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. And this guy Beetlejuice, or whatever his name is...is indeed a fag.
Sometimes it's best to know your environment and who you're responding to. This is SOCNET.
__________________
“Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re"

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:21
8654maine 8654maine is offline
Another pool cleaner
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,169
Agree with Gavin, ML & Guy.

Let's not turn into the View.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:30
KS11's Avatar
KS11 KS11 is offline
Reverse Apache Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Here and There
Posts: 2,744
Michelle Obama is who I think gets the D nomination. She's hanging back and letting all the other idiots move as far left as possible, while maintaining just enough publicity to not be completely forgotten about.

I think she waits until things go full swing and then comes out as the "progressive, but not as crazy as Bernie/Beto/Warren/Booker/Harris" candidate.
__________________
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. --Dwight D. Eisenhower

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:38
Fast Eddie's Avatar
Fast Eddie Fast Eddie is offline
SOCNET Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the road to Hell!
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Michelle Obama is who I think gets the D nomination. She's hanging back and letting all the other idiots move as far left as possible, while maintaining just enough publicity to not be completely forgotten about.

I think she waits until things go full swing and then comes out as the "progressive, but not as crazy as Bernie/Beto/Warren/Booker/Harris" candidate.

and that scares the shit out of me.......
__________________
Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:38
MixedLoad's Avatar
MixedLoad MixedLoad is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 8,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Michelle Obama is who I think gets the D nomination. She's hanging back and letting all the other idiots move as far left as possible, while maintaining just enough publicity to not be completely forgotten about.

I think she waits until things go full swing and then comes out as the "progressive, but not as crazy as Bernie/Beto/Warren/Booker/Harris" candidate.
You really believe that? What indications has she made in terms of expressing desire to run for office, or being considered by anyone credible on the left to run?
__________________
“Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re"

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 16 April 2019, 12:59
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Guy View Post
If trump can keep his fag jokes to a minimum during the debates, I say he still wins.
Hahahahahahahahahaha......but in all honesty, how long do you think it'd take for Trump to bust a move on something like having a: "First Dude" in the White House. He'd ride that shit on twitter like a 50 pound Mexican riding Sea Biscuit.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:09
litepath's Avatar
litepath litepath is offline
I reckon so. . .
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ga.
Posts: 3,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha......but in all honesty, how long do you think it'd take for Trump to bust a move on something like having a: "First Dude" in the White House. He'd ride that shit on twitter like a 50 pound Mexican riding Sea Biscuit.
The sooner the GOP can let go of the 2 bushes, the better off they'll be. 2 bushes= crotch/pot.
__________________
"I don't underrate the value of military knowledge, but if men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."
–Ulysses S. Grant

Last edited by litepath; 16 April 2019 at 13:10. Reason: Grammar
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:10
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
I'll make my prediction...unless the Democrats get their act together, and find a single candidate they can agree upon, President Trump is going to win in a landslide.

Many Democrat insiders exist completely in an echo chamber, and assume that everyone hates the sitting president as much as they do. They are assuming any Democrat will defeat DJT, and so all sorts of nobodies are throwing their hats in the ring. They are squabbling amongst themselves, and doing the opposition's research for free.

The Republicans made the same mistake leading up to 2012.
I agree with this and see the older Dems letting the the flashy newcomers dig deep holes for their soon to be, short lived career. I think Pelosi and Schumer know they (Dems) can't win so ride it out and let AOC and the rest of her kind burn themselves down. Bernie is Bernie...BUT, there's a long way to go and the real dirt digging has just begun.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:14
HighDragLowSpeed's Avatar
HighDragLowSpeed HighDragLowSpeed is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Only Place For Me
Posts: 5,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
You really believe that? What indications has she made in terms of expressing desire to run for office, or being considered by anyone credible on the left to run?
Hilary kept maintaining in 2016 that she wasnt going to run....and then she did. That said, MO would have to form some sort of planning committee and that would be front page news.
__________________
Come for the infosec, stay for the dumpster fires.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:18
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed View Post
Hilary kept maintaining in 2016 that she wasnt going to run....and then she did. That said, MO would have to form some sort of planning committee and that would be front page news.
Naw....with Barr snooping around. She's got bigger worries.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:23
Headhunter1965 Headhunter1965 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tellico Plains, TN
Posts: 308
Hillary will not be able to help herself. The Dem Clown car is loaded with idiots that Trump will slaughter. IMO, she hangs back long enough to cut down on any early negative press hits and then she comes in at the last moment to “Save the Country”.
Regardless of who they put up, DT is going to pound them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:09.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
© SOCNET 1996-2018