SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:24
HighDragLowSpeed's Avatar
HighDragLowSpeed HighDragLowSpeed is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Only Place For Me
Posts: 5,479
To be clear, I dont think that HRC is going to run. Sorry if it came across that way. My point is that MO could swear she wasn't running and then suddenly run...much like HRC did.
__________________
Come for the infosec, stay for the dumpster fires.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:40
SN's Avatar
SN SN is offline
Old and Broke
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The GREAT State of Texas
Posts: 4,901
The Dems are in trouble, hell BHO has called them out for being out of touch and he is as socialist as any of them.
Bernie's wife still has multiple open investigations, and all the dems (or DOJ) have to do is indict halfway through the primary season.
Biden, LOL, anyone remember his VP debate with Ryan (?) other than roll his eyes what did he do? The media let him get away with it, Trump won't.
Michelle Obama, please do it. Her "When BaROCK is President" speech got her kicked off the campaign trail during his 1st run, and I can't see him walking in her shadow.
The others are all bit players, and the guy from Indiana would be forced to admit Trump's policies helped his city.

Trump's mouth and the Republican Party are his two biggest weaknesses.
__________________
FISHDO
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 16 April 2019, 13:52
Box's Avatar
Box Box is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,630
I have heard a lot of landslide talk - but I'm not holding my breath. The democrats could announce today that the ticket is going to be Michael Dukakis and Walter Mondale and they will still be putting a check for 195 electoral votes into their account before the banks close.

President Trump has upset the apple cart and establishment republicans are STILL furious about it and are not going to do a single thing to help. California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Washington have all voted blue since 1992. Bush, Romney, Flake, Kasich, Weld, et al would all rather vote for a democrat that publicly support the current POTUS. Because they got their feeling hurt. Not because they are so much more "righteous" the never Trumpers are overrun by drug users philanderers and tax cheats but they prefer "deflection" over honest discussion about the future of America.

Bush couldn't break the blue wall and those bastions of right wing conservatism and public-before-party republicans McCain and Romney never had a chance at painting it red...
...Trump didn't turn them red the first time and the left hates him now more than ever before.

Trump can only lose two good states and his 2020 bid is sunk. The left knows it - and the left doesn't give a fuck who they run because they are already in the lead. They dont need a good candidate - they only need to win a couple of states to continue their bullshit grip on this nations individual and economic freedoms.


so, there's that










__________________
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield

Last edited by Box; 16 April 2019 at 14:07.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 16 April 2019, 14:05
Fubar Fubar is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Fork Ranch
Posts: 3,935
Gee Box.... now I'm depressed.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 16 April 2019, 14:11
grog18b's Avatar
grog18b grog18b is offline
Clorox bearer for SOTB
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finally back to my 203 range
Posts: 3,934
All those politicians to choose from, and I still dislike all of them... from both sides... greatly.

But... at least POTUS is getting shit done. Finally, a POTUS with a sack.
__________________
"....As far as "rights" are concerned... I look at them this way. I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 16 April 2019, 14:49
billdawg's Avatar
billdawg billdawg is offline
Going cyclic!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 3,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I have heard a lot of landslide talk - but I'm not holding my breath. The democrats could announce today that the ticket is going to be Michael Dukakis and Walter Mondale and they will still be putting a check for 195 electoral votes into their account before the banks close.

President Trump has upset the apple cart and establishment republicans are STILL furious about it and are not going to do a single thing to help. California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Washington have all voted blue since 1992. Bush, Romney, Flake, Kasich, Weld, et al would all rather vote for a democrat that publicly support the current POTUS. Because they got their feeling hurt. Not because they are so much more "righteous" the never Trumpers are overrun by drug users philanderers and tax cheats but they prefer "deflection" over honest discussion about the future of America.

Bush couldn't break the blue wall and those bastions of right wing conservatism and public-before-party republicans McCain and Romney never had a chance at painting it red...
...Trump didn't turn them red the first time and the left hates him now more than ever before.

Trump can only lose two good states and his 2020 bid is sunk. The left knows it - and the left doesn't give a fuck who they run because they are already in the lead. They dont need a good candidate - they only need to win a couple of states to continue their bullshit grip on this nations individual and economic freedoms.


so, there's that










Damn, excuse me while I go slit my wrists, . I do agree though that people who are wishful of Pres. Trump keeping the White House, we should temper our excitement. The left is just getting started and they will have 2 things that will help them immensely.
1-A complicit MSM that will sugar coat their shortcomings, while lambasting POTUS at every turn, and
2-A stupid public that will eat that shit up.
__________________
Be nice, until it's time to not be nice!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 16 April 2019, 14:59
Mingo Kane's Avatar
Mingo Kane Mingo Kane is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
Damn, excuse me while I go slit my wrists, . I do agree though that people who are wishful of Pres. Trump keeping the White House, we should temper our excitement. The left is just getting started and they will have 2 things that will help them immensely.
1-A complicit MSM that will sugar coat their shortcomings, while lambasting POTUS at every turn, and
2-A stupid public that will eat that shit up.
OR.....or....the stupid public will see the POTUS lambasting the MSM for their shortcomings, and the stupid voters eat it up...again.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 16 April 2019, 15:05
btq96r's Avatar
btq96r btq96r is offline
Calix Meus Inebrians
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Improving my Foxhole
Posts: 3,471
If you're focusing on Mayor Pete being gay, you're going to miss the boat. I have a hard time believing anyone who is disinclined to vote for him because he's homosexual had that as the deciding point. On a national level, while the country may still not want a gay President, I don't think it's to the point where that will decide the issue...we're just far enough beyond it mattering much.

What's making this guy the latest buzz (who may or may not last) is he comes across as a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the stale pack. Being a mayor, some form of results need to develop sooner rather than later, which looks a lot more impressive than sitting in committee hearings where all you do is talk and stall the opposition party. Pete's also helped by not being from the coastal areas, and Democrats not in a state bordering an ocean (some of whom voted for Trump in 2016) have been waiting for someone from the party to speak in something that resembles their language for a minute now. Being young and having optimism helps a lot too for Democrats

I have no idea if we're still talking about this guy past Labor Day, but he's a nice change of pace from the norm in my mind. At the latest, I'm glad to see someone who served stepping up. For me, that's something I want more of, regardless of what side of the isle they're on.
__________________
Moderation is for Canadians.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 16 April 2019, 15:10
1RiserSlip's Avatar
1RiserSlip 1RiserSlip is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Po Dunk, WV
Posts: 6,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
If you're focusing on Mayor Pete being gay, you're going to miss the boat. I have a hard time believing anyone who is disinclined to vote for him because he's homosexual had that as the deciding point. On a national level, while the country may still not want a gay President, I don't think it's to the point where that will decide the issue...we're just far enough beyond it mattering much.

I disagree. A guy like that might win the left & right coast. There's a lot of ground in between though.
__________________
I don't reckon I got no reason to kill nobody...

Karl Childers
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 16 April 2019, 15:21
Ole crusty bastard's Avatar
Ole crusty bastard Ole crusty bastard is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Port Charlotte FL
Posts: 5,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
I have a hard time believing anyone who is disinclined to vote for him because he's homosexual had that as the deciding point.
You are giving 'our' fellow citizens a lot more credit than I do.
__________________
...when in doubt...over prime.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 16 April 2019, 15:33
Fubar Fubar is offline
On the Extract Bird
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Fork Ranch
Posts: 3,935
Purple Texas will vote for the guy - moreso than Beta Beto. There's a very strong LGBTQfillintheblank voting block in the major cities.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 16 April 2019, 15:42
billdawg's Avatar
billdawg billdawg is offline
Going cyclic!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 3,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
OR.....or....the stupid public will see the POTUS lambasting the MSM for their shortcomings, and the stupid voters eat it up...again.
i hope brother. I'm just very pessimistic when it comes to stuff I want.
__________________
Be nice, until it's time to not be nice!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 16 April 2019, 15:48
Cujo's Avatar
Cujo Cujo is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
You are giving 'our' fellow citizens a lot more credit than I do.
+1.

I hate tying race and sexual orientation together, because they don't mix, but that's like saying "I'm having a hard time believing anyone who is disinclined to vote for him because he's black had that as a deciding point" when concerning President Obama...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:04
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 10,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Michelle Obama is who I think gets the D nomination. She's hanging back and letting all the other idiots move as far left as possible, while maintaining just enough publicity to not be completely forgotten about.

I think she waits until things go full swing and then comes out as the "progressive, but not as crazy as Bernie/Beto/Warren/Booker/Harris" candidate.
I agree. Right now the candidates are like crabs in a barrel. Her wise move is to stay out of the fray until they exhaust themselves, then swoop in and take the candidacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grog18b View Post
But... at least POTUS is getting shit done. Finally, a POTUS with a sack.
I agree. Love him or hate him, he's doing what he said he was going to do and pissing off a lot of people while doing so.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:22
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
If you're focusing on Mayor Pete being gay, you're going to miss the boat. I have a hard time believing anyone who is disinclined to vote for him because he's homosexual had that as the deciding point. On a national level, while the country may still not want a gay President, I don't think it's to the point where that will decide the issue...we're just far enough beyond it mattering much.

What's making this guy the latest buzz (who may or may not last) is he comes across as a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the stale pack. Being a mayor, some form of results need to develop sooner rather than later, which looks a lot more impressive than sitting in committee hearings where all you do is talk and stall the opposition party. Pete's also helped by not being from the coastal areas, and Democrats not in a state bordering an ocean (some of whom voted for Trump in 2016) have been waiting for someone from the party to speak in something that resembles their language for a minute now. Being young and having optimism helps a lot too for Democrats

I have no idea if we're still talking about this guy past Labor Day, but he's a nice change of pace from the norm in my mind. At the latest, I'm glad to see someone who served stepping up. For me, that's something I want more of, regardless of what side of the isle they're on.
And that attitude right there is why we will have a Homosexual in the White House.

Yes, it does matter. And yes, the complacency and the fact that his sexual lifestyle does not matter to many, is a real telling point for America and the direction we have been going and will be going. The complacency to be politically correct, to not take stand by many RepublicAn cucks, the fear of many on the right not wanting to be labeled in a negative way, this is our downfall.

Box was correct in his post, and Mayor Buttingieg will bring it home for the Democrats. And most Americans will not care cause they have their Bread and Circuses.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:26
leopardprey's Avatar
leopardprey leopardprey is online now
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
+1.

I hate tying race and sexual orientation together, because they don't mix, but that's like saying "I'm having a hard time believing anyone who is disinclined to vote for him because he's black had that as a deciding point" when concerning President Obama...
And again, that is part of the problem where now one's lifestyles or beingvtrsnsgebderd is looked at as an inherhited trait such as race. And objecting to anyone's sexual lifestyle is viewed upon the same as being racist or being a member of a white supremacist organization. Combine that with a society that wants more free stuff, security with comprimising on liberties and you have a the New America coming.
__________________
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:33
Box's Avatar
Box Box is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,630
Waaaay back in the late 1950's a catholic dude ran for president - history tells the story of an American voting public that thought there was no way a catholic could win over an incumbent VP.
...that guy had a LOT of recreational sex - and his belief system didnt keep him out of the oval office. Peter Buttplug has as good a chance as anyone else. Besides, Americans as a collective are just too stupid to vote beyond anything superficial. We vote for whatever is cool this week.

Its in our blood......................


All right America - are you ready to feel the burn on this seasons 'Presidential Campaign Season' - Uncle Bernie is back and he is fired up this year...
-It's time for America's Vote on Presidential Campaign Season 2020 !!!

Our Judges have taken the candidates all the way from announcing their run - across the United States of America through the talk show circuit and the ever popular "TV Debate" is coming soon - then its on to the Primaries.

Now it's time for you, America, to help your favorites make it even farther in the campaign by casting your votes. Each week, you can submit up to ten (10) votes for each remaining contestant

You can vote online at NEWPRESIDENT.com/vote, in the NEWPRESIDENT app or via text*. You have to be at least 16 years old and located in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, (or Northern Mexico, or pretty much anywhere else that has a democrat watching over ballot box) to vote on NEWPRESIDENT.com or in the NEWPRESIDENT app

For text message voting, simply dial 123-FUCKED and text the number of the contestant you would like to vote for.

Text voting is open to all Wireless Carriers. Message & data rates may apply.
__________________
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:33
grog18b's Avatar
grog18b grog18b is offline
Clorox bearer for SOTB
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Finally back to my 203 range
Posts: 3,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
...

I agree. Love him or hate him, he's doing what he said he was going to do and pissing off a lot of people while doing so.
Which is why I don't mind him so much. He has too much money to give a shit about "special interests" and isn't afraid to call the leftist media out on their "obvious to anyone with a half a brain cell" bullshit.

Finally, someone who doesn't have to tow the party line. Did he piss off Republican politicians? Yup. Did he piss off Democrat politicians? Yup. But... those only make up a small portion of the voters. It's the voters who matter, and DC can't stand being reminded of that fact. Neither can the media. They really hate being called "fake" by the leader of the free world, but they more than deserve that moniker after all the shit they have pulled in the past, that they were never called out on because no former POTUS had the sack. This guy doesn't give a shit about them, and they hate, I mean really HATE him because of it.

As far as the gay dude goes, yeah, I'd vote for Kid A for President if he decides to run. He can fit that Vespa right in the trunk of the Presidential Limo.
__________________
"....As far as "rights" are concerned... I look at them this way. I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own." GROG

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:39
Fu King Lawyer Fu King Lawyer is offline
Been There Done That
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,552
In politics 30 days is an eternity. We are a year and a half out of the General Election.

I suggest the biggest threat is the economy. Millennials aren't educated and don't understand it. I think Goldman Sacs, et al, were very invested in both Pres Obama and SecState Clinton and they are capable of manipulating numbers to make it appear going south. It would be within the realm of possibility that some might be willing to attempt to collapse it - to make sure their candidate is elected.

I'm listening to news reports today with folks claiming there refund "from the IRS" is smaller this year. It is in fact, their money that they "loaned" to the govt and are getting back, withholdings dropped after the tax cut and they haven't the common sense to figure it out.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 16 April 2019, 16:47
btq96r's Avatar
btq96r btq96r is offline
Calix Meus Inebrians
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Improving my Foxhole
Posts: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
And that attitude right there is why we will have a Homosexual in the White House.

Yes, it does matter. And yes, the complacency and the fact that his sexual lifestyle does not matter to many, is a real telling point for America and the direction we have been going and will be going. The complacency to be politically correct, to not take stand by many RepublicAn cucks, the fear of many on the right not wanting to be labeled in a negative way, this is our downfall.

Box was correct in his post, and Mayor Buttingieg will bring it home for the Democrats. And most Americans will not care cause they have their Bread and Circuses.
It matters to you, not me. Aside from my libertarian leanings on sexual preference (their business, not mine)...I don't care if we have a homosexual in the White House as long as they preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. We've gotten pretty far from that in recent memory.

If sexual preference matters more than competency for the job in your estimation, that's your prerogative as a voter and I respect that prerogative. I'm going to care about what he might do in the office rather than in the bedroom when deciding my vote.
__________________
Moderation is for Canadians.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:22.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET 1996-2018