SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 August 2019, 13:50
BTDT

hm...

I know a lot of dog whistles and none of them have ever said anything racist...
...at least not that I could hear
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old 5 August 2019, 14:33

That's a new one. What "race" is it supposedly against? God knows it isn't hwite people, because, as we all know, it's impossible to be racist against the blue eyed white devils.
Old 5 August 2019, 14:43
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
That's a new one. What "race" is it supposedly against? God knows it isn't hwite people, because, as we all know, it's impossible to be racist against the blue eyed white devils.
Here is the full quote. "Video games' as a deflection from the real causes of gun violence has become every bit the racist dog whistle as 'states rights."

Not one of my FB friends but a shitlib I follow to keep my perspective about these people.
Old 5 August 2019, 14:51
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
Here is the full quote. "Video games' as a deflection from the real causes of gun violence has become every bit the racist dog whistle as 'states rights."

Not one of my FB friends but a shitlib I follow to keep my perspective about these people.
lol

I'd have replied with a simple "lol...GTFOH"
Old 5 August 2019, 14:53
Been There Done That

People always wonder how Germans could round up their Jewish neighbors and send them off, or how the Red Guards could send their relatives off To reeducation camps/hard labor, or how teenage Khmers could smash in the heads of their former school teachers.

Well, when I see the viral hatred of Trump and his voters and hatred all all things conservatives, traditional, moral by many on the left - the viral hatred on social media like never seen - it is not too far of a stretch. Believe me, there are many in the left in this country who if they could, would have no problem hauling off traditional, conservative, devout religous types to re-education camps or even “killing fields “. Look how fast Germany, China, Cambodia turned. 1970, people relaxing and strolling down the streets of the Paris of the Far East - Phnom Penh. 5 years later the city is emptied and all school teachers, former govt, monks being tortured and killed.
Old 5 August 2019, 14:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
People always wonder how Germans could round up their Jewish neighbors and send them off, or how the Red Guards could send their relatives off To reeducation camps/hard labor, or how teenage Khmers could smash in the heads of their former school teachers.

Well, when I see the viral hatred of Trump and his voters and hatred all all things conservatives, traditional, moral by many on the left - the viral hatred on social media like never seen - it is not too far of a stretch. Believe me, there are many in the left in this country who if they could, would have no problem hauling off traditional, conservative, devout religous types to re-education camps or even “killing fields “. Look how fast Germany, China, Cambodia turned. 1970, people relaxing and strolling down the streets of the Paris of the Far East - Phnom Penh. 5 years later the city is emptied and all school teachers, former govt, monks being tortured and killed.
They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands.

We're not those countries, they suck and we don't.

Why can't it just be that simple to keep it that way?
Old 5 August 2019, 15:02
Confirmed User

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/ameri...ing/index.html

Fu Mexico, seriously go fuck yourself. Mexico had 30k dead on the border yearly the last few years straight, and some were American citizens, then there's the incidents on our side of the border. Just lol at them seeking to take action.
Old 5 August 2019, 15:09
Going cyclic!!

IMHO, it's all about raising a couple generations of weak boys. Boys who were taught that violence isn't the answer, run to an adult, let someone else manage your dignity and security, don't teach them how to be real men, because masculinity is somehow wrong, don't teach them how to resolve conflicts, so now we have weak men who have no earthly idea how to be a real man, and I don't mean the common definition of a 'macho man', but a man who stands by his word, has a code of honor, that kind of thing. So these weak men, go off on some violent spree, trying to be noticed and in their minds, thinks this will make them a 'man to be reckoned with'
But, let's blame the gun , when it was society who started us done this dark path to begin with.

My .02
Old 5 August 2019, 16:43
Confirmed User

Most Western countries have become like a giant version of the mouse utopia experiment..
Old 5 August 2019, 17:19
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post

Fu Mexico, seriously go fuck yourself. Mexico had 30k dead on the border yearly the last few years straight, and some were American citizens, then there's the incidents on our side of the border. Just lol at them seeking to take action.
He's playing to his home audience. If Mexico really cared for it's citizens they would have taken action against Obama & Holders after they walked 2,000 guns to the Sinaloa Cartel. I would also guess that the Minister is on the Cartel payroll, like most of their government is.
Old 5 August 2019, 17:28
Make a desert and call it peace.

Nothing has changed, useful idiots think the goal of the subversive Left is stopping crimes, when it's truly all about taking away guns from Americans, because my sigline.

The perspective is the top using the bottom vs the middle.

The top being rootless globalists, with no loyalty to anything or anyone other than themselves. The bottom being credulous, virtue signalling, useful idiots and foreigners trying to escape their condition, which are created by their behavior, hence an impossible situation.

And then there's us, the middle, the cattle, who create and maintain this country, the only group that's actually indispensable to what is America. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 5 August 2019, 17:33
Ghey floor sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison View Post

POTUS should cheerfully honor the extradition request from Mexico for prosecution in Mexican courts and incarceration in Mexican prisons. If there's anything left of his ass after repeated trains on the gringo, then the US can spend the money on prosecuting and housing him. Better yet, we should just drop him off on the Ciudad Juarez side of the bridge and let the locals deal with him.

And as for protecting Mexican citizens, we should offer them precisely the same degree of protection that Mexico has offered our citizens. 75 US citizens were victims of homicide in Mexico in 2016 alone. More than in all other nations of the world combined (total of 69 outside of Mexico).
Old 5 August 2019, 17:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Believe me, there are many in the left in this country who if they could, would have no problem hauling off traditional, conservative, devout religous types to re-education camps or even “killing fields “.
I know what you meant, but yeah... they'd have problems. Maybe not moral problems, but certainly physical problems.

All the betas and big-mouthed women that I see commenting never stop to think "who am I going to send to round up these men with guns? Answer: Other men with guns."

Since men with guns are the problem, and apparently also the answer, where does that leave them logically?

And since their position is that men with guns are AUTOMATICALLY and universally violent, and (according to the NY Post) since AR-15s are used ONLY in mass murders, and they'll be rounding up AR-15s, using AR-15s... what part of "gun violence" problem will this actually solve?
Old 5 August 2019, 17:57
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-rgr View Post
where does that leave them logically?
LOL. If that was a factor we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Old 5 August 2019, 18:04
Take care

From liberally skewed Vox:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...deo-game-chart

While their point is to blame the guns and R’s, a viewpoint I vehemently disagree with, they make a good case for the “its not video games” argument. One look at this chart and you can see that correlation does equal causation. And yes, I am aware that guns are not as common in these other nations in the graph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3AA62245-1115-4583-8B30-4AAA23AC1BEB.jpg (30.3 KB, 216 views)
Old 5 August 2019, 18:26
The atomic zit

Do the math on Gun violence or percentage or rate on 1/1000.

At the end of the day, mass shootings are incidental. Less than 1%.
Old 5 August 2019, 18:28
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Do the math on Gun violence or percentage or rate on 1/1000.

At the end of the day, mass shootings are incidental. Less than 1%.
Yep. It's always been that way, but they offer excellent "shock value" to all those that believe the sky is falling on society if those bad guns are taken away.
Old 5 August 2019, 19:17
The atomic zit

Old Children’s story, but still applicable:

Chicken Little likes to walk in the woods. She likes to look at the trees. She likes to smell the flowers. She likes to listen to the birds singing.

One day while she is walking an acorn falls from a tree, and hits the top of her little head.

- My, oh, my, the sky is falling. I must run and tell the lion about it, - says Chicken Little and begins to run.

She runs and runs. By and by she meets the hen.

- Where are you going? - asks the hen.

- Oh, Henny Penny, the sky is falling and I am going to the lion to tell him about it.

- How do you know it? - asks Henny Penny.

- It hit me on the head, so I know it must be so, - says Chicken Little.

- Let me go with you! - says Henny Penny. - Run, run.

So the two run and run until they meet Ducky Lucky.

- The sky is falling, - says Henny Penny. - We are going to the lion to tell him about it.

- How do you know that? - asks Ducky Lucky.

- It hit Chicken Little on the head, - says Henny Penny.

- May I come with you? - asks Ducky Lucky.

- Come, - says Henny Penny.

So all three of them run on and on until they meet Foxey Loxey.

- Where are you going? - asks Foxey Loxey.

- The sky is falling and we are going to the lion to tell him about it, - says Ducky Lucky.

- Do you know where he lives? - asks the fox.

- I don't, - says Chicken Little.

- I don't, - says Henny Penny.

- I don't, - says Ducky Lucky.

- I do, - says Foxey Loxey. - Come with me and I can show you the way.

He walks on and on until he comes to his den.

- Come right in, - says Foxey Loxey.

They all go in, but they never, never come out again.
Old 5 August 2019, 19:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamedic View Post
From liberally skewed Vox:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...deo-game-chart

While their point is to blame the guns and R’s, a viewpoint I vehemently disagree with, they make a good case for the “its not video games” argument. One look at this chart and you can see that correlation does equal causation. And yes, I am aware that guns are not as common in these other nations in the graph.
That graph proves nothing. The issue isn't how much money is spent on video games, it's what games are they buying. So South Korea spends a truckload on games? Big deal. How do we know they aren't buying Super Mario Brothers or Final Fantasy?

I'm not one of those people who thinks COD caused these dumbasses to go on shooting sprees, but like others in this thread have said, they could very well have played a part in desensitizing these already unstable idiots to what violence actually is.
Old 6 August 2019, 00:06
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76233 View Post
If states rights is a racist dog whistle, but Colorado is nullifying federal marijuana law based on states rights, and California is nullifying federal immigration law based on states rights, then the blue states must be the source of all that racism.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules