SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Domestic Jobs

Old 11 April 2012, 01:50
Authorized Personnel

Contract research assistance requested.

I am trying to pull up a contract information for W91CRB-11-C-0164 and can not locate it by using the websites I usally find contract information on. I would be thankful for any help

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 11 April 2012, 02:27

I just emailed a good contact in DCMA. I didn't have any luck either. I'll let you know when he emails me back. Just in case he asks, do you have any more details?
Old 11 April 2012, 02:51
Authorized Personnel

The information I have is that it is for the Rapid Equipping Force. The contract was up for recompete in 2010 and it was awarded, then contested, awarded again, contested and then all companies were asked to resubmit their bids. It was about a 18 month process...Finally in March 2012 the contract was awarded to to GD-IT. I have researched and found the initial contract award but that before it was contested the first time. I have not found the contract # awarded to anyone or listed anywhere using my limited abilites.

Thanks for the help

Last edited by 10thvet; 11 April 2012 at 02:53. Reason: clarify
Old 11 April 2012, 11:04
Russian Tycoon

10thvet,

See if any of these links provide any additional information about the contract. Not sure if it's any helpful, but I don't see any activity on this contract since August 2011.

FBO Link

USASpending Link
Old 11 April 2012, 11:44

FYI, even though it has been awarded and now open to public through the disclosure act, my contact is still not obliged, legally, to forward the actual contract (which is understandable) unless it's to another "Need to Know" government official, or the contractee of the contract. He may be able to send parts, legally, if needed. So let me know what parts would interest you and I will ask him. I will also re-stress to him the option, since it should already be public, to have him guide us to an online resource.

What he could say, so far, "is there are (3) PMods, but they only affect performance schedules and not positions and money. ... Much of it is PSC boiler plate type, with the performance statements starting on page 10, SOW, position descriptions, and then the position titles on pages 65-58."
Old 11 April 2012, 12:19
Authorized Personnel

FWIW, I am not new to the contract world but I have never bothered to really look at the contracts I have worked until a co-worker brought up some questions that peaked my interest...which is why I started looking not sure what I was looking for. I was suprised that I could not find an award date or company it was awarded to. The only reason I know it was awarded to GD-IT was that information was provided for me.

GWAG
Thanks for the sites, I will add those to my favorites. Those are two that I have never used before...

Sixmidgets. I was interested in SOW, job descriptions and titles but I completly understand that it cannot be released since I do not have a need to know.

I consider the question answered, the matter closed and I thank you both once again for your help...

Old 11 April 2012, 12:21
Confirmed User

not at www.dod.mil
W91CRB-11-C-0163 (I changed 3 from 4) to test and there is a contract listed.
Some paid sites like www.insidedefense.com and www.defensedaily.com listed contracts. Blue Tops etc.
www.dtic.mil also listed contracts when reports are done and submitted
Old 11 April 2012, 12:34

No problem. Good luck.
Old 11 April 2012, 12:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
FWIW, I am not new to the contract world but I have never bothered to really look at the contracts I have worked until a co-worker brought up some questions that peaked my interest...
As a contractor, it would be in your best interests to view the SOW and performance criteria of a contract that you are working on or will be working on.

Relying solely on what the company tells you is not smart. If the company does not want to provide to you the SOW and the performance criteria for a contract that you are or will be working, run away in the other direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
...but I completly understand that it cannot be released since I do not have a need to know...
It can be released. Simply contact the DCMA yourself and submit a FOIA request:

Quote:
http://www.dcma.mil/DCMAHQ/FOIA/cont...nformation.cfm

Requests For Contract Information

The mission of the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) is to provide Contract Administration Services to the Department of Defense Acquisition Enterprise and its partners. If you are seeking contract administration records for contracts administered by DCMA, submit your request to DCMA.FOIA@DCMA.mil. If you are seeking records pertaining to a Department of Defense (DoD) contract award (i.e., the actual contract and/or modifications, request for proposal, etc.) please request the information directly from the issuing military branch or DoD component who issued the contract/RFP. For your convenience, a listing of principal FOIA contacts is located at http://www.usdoj.gov/oip/other_age.htm.

Our new posting rules