SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 28 November 2019, 08:12
Been There Done That

I need help with a back ground check and police record on someone

I won't post the name or picture of this individual unless you request. I really need as much info on this person of interest .
Is there LEO's here or someone who can assist me.
I am also looking for websites that can do history, of where this person and family have been living.
I can send you pictures and little info on this individual as much as i have.
Try to PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for your assistance.
Old 28 November 2019, 13:07
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

I used whitepages.com a while back, you can get public records, traffic tickets, criminal charges etc from them for a reasonable fee. I had to look someone up about a year back and it quickly established his driving record, locations over the last 10 years, etc..

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 29 November 2019, 05:15
BTDT

Most LEO's can't even look anything up without a Case# attached - meaning they will get fired if they do. Your best bet is to have this moved to the Tech Forum, where someone can give you some info on services you can pay for, for information.
Old 29 November 2019, 06:46

Try the county where your subject resides and search the clerk of courts court docket
Old 29 November 2019, 13:22
Confirmed User

No offense but no cop who wants to keep their job is running that record, especially based on a request on an internet BB.
Old 29 November 2019, 15:47

A note about the speeding ticket, same thing happened to me years ago. Got to court to plead innocent to 80 in a 55, the judge asked how fast I was going and I told him 60 or so, the judge responded by saying, "guilty", and I responded that I wasn't doing 80, then the judge said that the violation was for, "exceeding the speed limit". May be a common tactic.
Old 29 November 2019, 16:17

AAAARRRRGGG, posted in wrong thread my apologies!

V/R
Bob
Old 30 November 2019, 00:02
Authorized Personnel

You'd have to make a formal complaint to the local/state/gay-troopers(?)/Law Enforcement. They'd have to investigate the legitimacy of your complaint. Find some type of "reasonable suspicion" to enable them to even "run a search" of any type. Being that "reasonable suspicion" is the key 1st component in any investigation.
Old 1 December 2019, 15:28
Confirmed User

As Poly alluded to: I think the freelancer websites (i.e. Fiverr) have PI's on there, with access to the type of information you seem to be looking for. They will probably want full name and and DOB at least, but should be able to use Lexis, CLEAR, TLO, etc to provide what you need.

Edited to add: These types of checks shouldn't be considered a total panacea, as they sometimes only catch the big stuff (arrests, felonies). So if the report they provide you comes back with no criminal history, don't assume that means they're totally clean. Ask whoever you hire what type of searches they ran, and if they checked the county level, per MALSV's reply.
Old 3 December 2019, 12:16

Take into account just because there's no recored found does not mean it doesnt exist. I got ripped off by a Vespa shop in Cleveland, found the owner had some serious paper. Tried to settle the issue by him writing a check to the American Cancer Society, He refused instead paid an attorney to have his record expunged.
Old 3 December 2019, 12:59
Been There Done That

If you can get the person of interest to sign a release I can run a 7 year social security trace and a county criminal check. We have the capability to run more searches if needed but that is where I would start.

These checks require the consent of the person being searched if that is not possible use open source information coupled with online county criminal records if available. Otherwise you will have to go into the county clerks office.
Old 3 December 2019, 13:37
Confirmed User

I have used "Checkmate" as a pretty good tool for background checks, will comb most public data bases criminal and other.

Our new posting rules