SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 26 December 2009, 14:37

Been out for a couple years now....Been trying to find an appropriate place to talk to some like-minded guys again.

Served as a Combat Medic from 1995-2007..brief break in service 03-04....( see my profile if you wanna know where)

Degree in CJ..currently in the UK just outside London-oblamabad...Doing AML investigations for HMRC.
Hope all is well with you folks...Hope Santa kept his "knees in the breeze" when he came to your chimney!
Old 27 December 2009, 15:52

Hello all, I am a 20 year LE Officer currently assigned as the Lieutenant over CID and the Special Response Team. I've worked in several areas during my career including patrol as an Officer, shift Sergeant, and as a School Resource Officer. I'm here to listen and learn.
Old 27 December 2009, 16:21

Just introducing myself

I'm currently an actor living in NYC. I've been very interested in the Navy SEAL's for a long time. I'm very interested in getting information on my chances of getting an age waiver at 32. I have no previous service history. I hope there's still a chance for me to get a contract. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

-TJ
Old 27 December 2009, 16:38

Leard

Well the above is a mistake as my keyboard took the 'P' and I've ended up with Leard instead of Lepard as I had intended
I'm a regular poster on a British army associated website known as the army rumour service ( ARRSE ) and a forum called CPworld which I have no doubt some of you know.
You all seem a like minded bunch as many of you seem to have a distaste for what we in the UK term as 'Walts' The Jax Desmond thread being a case example taken from this site.
Old 28 December 2009, 09:29
Confirmed User

Hello,

I've been serving in the British Army since 2001, currently employed as what has recently been renamed as a Communication Systems Engineer - from what I understand you guys don't have an MOS that matches my trade exactly, but you seem to have a few that do, such as 25U and 25B. In a nutshell, whatever the Army uses to communicate, I setup, fix and maintain it.

I have a few operational tours under my belt, including considerable time spent in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and most recently two tours of Baghdad, Iraq - I returned from the last one there in the middle of 2008. I have yet to deploy to Afghanistan, but I'm keen to do so.

I understand who and what this forum is geared towards, and I'm not here to pretend I'm something I'm not, this just seems like a good place for all sorts of information, presented by a decent bunch of guys. I used to browse every now and then, and figured I may as well finally register, and hopefully make a positive contribution, where possible.

- Matthew
Old 28 December 2009, 11:44

I'm formerly of the US Navy, working in the aviation side. Spent some time as a volunteer firefighter, also with the QRU. Was a reserve police officer in a small town for a year and a half, now I'm just a single dad raising two kids and getting a degree. I'm always on the lookout for more information, some places are more reliable than others. I'm a wilderness skills instructor, I've been a scoutmaster for a great troop of guys. I don't suppose I'll have much to add to your threads here, but I'll sure appreciate the wealth of information already laid down.

Zip
Old 29 December 2009, 04:15

Greetings from Gilbert, Arizona. US Army from 1977-1986. Primary 71L with 11B secondary. Most of my time spent in Intelligence community - HQ USAEUR (5 years) and special assignments to INSCOM and liaison positions to USARNG as an advisor. Born and raised in Hawaii hunting pigs and mountian goats on the slopes of Haleakala Crater. My love is now long range target shooting with a Remington Model 700 XCR (.308) for precision and a newly acquired M1A SOCOM 16. I'm looking for loading specifications for the M1A for hunting (150-165 gr.) and longer range precision (168 gr. HPBT) for the SOCOM 16. Recommendations for best all-around bullet and specs for the SOCOM would be appreciated.
Old 29 December 2009, 10:09

Hello everyone,
I'm about as green as can be, and am here to learn whatever I can. I'm looking for the best path in the military currently, and I don't know anything from anyone right. From what I've seen, this is the right place for me to be and I'm thankful for being aloud the opportunity to learn.

If you have any advise for me as far as paths to 18D and/or getting a PSYOP position I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 29 December 2009, 11:56

My 1st time ever in a forum.

Hi my name is Ashe, I am 24 years old. I am attending Wayne State University in Detroit, MI majoring in Criminal Justice. I am also in Army-ROTC at the University. I hope my MOS will be Military Intelleigence. I am also certified as a bodyguard, through IPSSC, I have my CCW, and I am also attending a Stalking and Threat Mangement, all through IPSSC.

I don't know what else to say except that I am honored to be apart of this site.

Ashe
Old 29 December 2009, 13:21

Prior Active Duty Army CPT.

97-01 & 04-05

Assigned to unit at MacDill AFB and OPCON'd to "other" units around the world.

Left in 01 but recalled in 04 and landed at Victory a few weeks later.
Old 29 December 2009, 13:33

Hi,

Prior Air Force here currently contracting in Iraq.
Old 29 December 2009, 16:53

Hello all, I'm a Marine infantry officer who did time in the grunts and with recon. Couple of trips to both Iraq and Afghanistan.
Old 29 December 2009, 19:15

Hello, I am a former AF Security Policeman currently working as a Safety/Security Manager at a private school. On the side I co-own a company that designs and markets shooting targets. Thanks for having me.
Old 29 December 2009, 19:40

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community. I work with Executive Protection personal as investigative research support. I am not trained military nor law enforcement yet have worked with both. I have learned very much here. Thanks again.
Old 30 December 2009, 03:35

Thanks everyone for what you provide

Just another American with similar interests and experiences. Most of my life has been dedicated to my country and teammates, community, and family as a former Sailor and career city cop. Presently I spend my time helping bring a little piece of western style police training and advice to foreign countries on behalf of our government. I think in the last five years I have seen a great deal of our world and completely understand why I love America so much. My best.
Old 30 December 2009, 13:00
Confirmed User

Hello

Hello, I was a 96B (intel analyst -- although i think they've changed that MOS number) in the USA from 98 to 01 (pre-9/11). Now I work on "Wall St".
Old 30 December 2009, 17:47
sabre6
Visitor

New Introduction

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sabre6 and I live in the great country of Texas. I am new to SOCNET and look forward to sharing and exchanging ideas, concepts, and information with other members.

I will post a very brief summary of the units that I have either served and/or conducted operations with while in the Army and the Texas National Guard. I post them briefly as I am in a hurry to ask the members some questions.

Entered the United States Army in October 1983 and attended Basic Combat and Advanced Individual Training at Fort Benning, Georgia. Upon graduation was assigned as an Infantryman CONUS and OCONUS. Served in a variety of positions from the squad/platoon level up to the brigade level. Experienced in Mechanized, Light Infantry, Airborne, Air Assault Deployments. Experienced in conducting CPX/STX/FTX exercises and mobilizations.

Prior Senior NCO attended the Texas State OCS Program (Class 40) in Austin, Texas. Commissioned as an Infantry Officer. Served as an Infantry Platoon Leader, Scout Platoon Leader, Detachment Commander, Company Executive Officer, Battalion S-2, Brigade LNO. Graduate of PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC.
Served and/or trained with the 24th Infantry Division, 18th Airborne Corps,1st Battalion 75th Rangers, 1st Armored Division, 49th Armored Division, JTF-6 (North) Counter Drug, 1st Cavalry Division, 4th Infantry Division, 36th Infantry Division, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) SouthCom.

Whew, having said that I need some help.. I have been approached by a company called Mission Essential Personnel (MEP). They are offering me a position and would like to know if anyone has worked with them or can give me any intel on this company?

I have researched the company on the internet but I need the real "skinny" from other operators. Any intel is greatly appreciated.

Sabre6-Out
Old 30 December 2009, 18:54

Thanks for the authorization

Bco 1/4 OIF 2&3
S/S 1/4 OIF 4
Currently contracting
Old 30 December 2009, 19:51

Hello all,

My name is Gerry.

I am a 21 year old S.O.-Medic wanna-be, doing everything he can, including autodidact studies of Anatomy & Physiology and a personal Crossfit regime to fulfill my dream.

I look forward to being a contributing member to the SOCNET Forum and absorbing as much wisdom as possible from those who have 'Been There, Done That'.
Old 31 December 2009, 11:58

Greetings ALL......Thank You for letting me be a part of the SOCNET community.

U. S. ARMY 69-71. Primary MOS 63C30 Wheel and Track Mechanic.
Secondary MOS 45B Light Weapons Repair.
70-71 VII CORPS, DDR.
69 38th Trans Bn. Ft Eustis VA.
69 BCTC Ft. Bragg NC.
Looking forward to learning as much as I can about modern small arms weapons systems
and related gear and helping if I can.
Co-Owner of Gun Shop for 35yrs........now retired.

Our new posting rules