SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 21 June 2019, 13:53
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVEOD-AK View Post
intro
Welcome!
Old 25 June 2019, 11:01

Intro

Hi all, appreciate the acceptance. Enlisted as an Infantryman in the TX ARNG and waiting to ship out. Came here to learn and soak up as much information and wisdom possible.

Thanks
Old 25 June 2019, 11:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikaner View Post
Hi all, appreciate the acceptance. Enlisted as an Infantryman in the TX ARNG and waiting to ship out. Came here to learn and soak up as much information and wisdom possible.

Thanks
Welcome. The Sand Hill Resort awaits.
Old 25 June 2019, 15:14

Thanks for allowing me to be on your site. Couple of years in CCT and a few years in HUMINT, with some LE sprinkled in.
Old 25 June 2019, 16:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD11 View Post
Thanks for allowing me to be on your site. Couple of years in CCT and a few years in HUMINT, with some LE sprinkled in.
This is a small world. Someone will be along shortly to connect with you. Welcome to the site.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 2 July 2019, 17:09

Thank you for letting me visit your house.

I make music for a cartoon called Red vs. Blue, an experience which deepened my appreciation for armed forces and military slang, oh and the people too.

I'll mostly be reading here, but if you need advice on things like buying a guitar for your kid or setting up a home studio, I'm happy to help. (No, not to make money, always buy used.)

I’m grateful for your service.

Last edited by n2600; 2 July 2019 at 17:31.
Old 2 July 2019, 18:09

Introduction

I never served in the military which is a life regret of mine. No excuses. Life got in the way. Having 2 active military son-in-laws has certainly deepened my respect for all of the men and women serving our country.

As you could guess from my forum nickname, being a safety professional puts food on my table and keeps a roof over my head. I train as often as I can and try to be a squared away guy. To keep balance in my life, I "give back" to my community by being active in some groups that respond to disasters, an active participant in a state-wide SKYWARN group and serve on a SAR Team.

I suspect I'll do a lot of reading on this forum but will not likely be able to provide much to the conversations. One thing that I might be able to help someone with would be ham radio.

Much thanks to the moderators and folks on this forum for allowing me, an average Joe, the opportunity to learn from you.
Old 2 July 2019, 20:13
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Guy View Post
I never served in the military which is a life regret of mine. No excuses. Life got in the way. Having 2 active military son-in-laws has certainly deepened my respect for all of the men and women serving our country.

As you could guess from my forum nickname, being a safety professional puts food on my table and keeps a roof over my head. I train as often as I can and try to be a squared away guy. To keep balance in my life, I "give back" to my community by being active in some groups that respond to disasters, an active participant in a state-wide SKYWARN group and serve on a SAR Team.

I suspect I'll do a lot of reading on this forum but will not likely be able to provide much to the conversations. One thing that I might be able to help someone with would be ham radio.

Much thanks to the moderators and folks on this forum for allowing me, an average Joe, the opportunity to learn from you.
Welcome!

All points of view are welcome here, sometimes thick skin is needed. Read the stickies and check out the Areas of Expertise.

Enjoy!

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 9 July 2019, 09:11

An Introduction

Hello, thank you all for the allowing me onto these forums. I work in the fitness industry and do not have a background in the military. However, due to having family that has been in the military and a relative that served in SF I have had a high interest in it. I have entertained the idea of potentially enlisting if I do not find my career advancing within the next three years, and thought this site would be of interest to me to browse.
Old 9 July 2019, 19:46
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeard View Post
Hello, thank you all for the allowing me onto these forums. I work in the fitness industry and do not have a background in the military. However, due to having family that has been in the military and a relative that served in SF I have had a high interest in it. I have entertained the idea of potentially enlisting if I do not find my career advancing within the next three years, and thought this site would be of interest to me to browse.
Interesting, sounds like your family and relatives have done well for themselves. Enlisting is a back up plan? Perhaps, what you learn from your Brothers and Sisters, while serving, is your primary plan in aiding your career after an awesome 4 year enlistment. Otherwise you are potentially marking time. Allow your enlistment to be your launching pad. BTW: an 11x contract (near term) could potentially land you a ~$40K bonus for career/fitness ambition. Go for it! .02

Last edited by jportal50; 9 July 2019 at 19:48. Reason: error
Old 15 July 2019, 16:30

Hey y'all,

I'm a 19 y/o working as an EMT-B in Chicago, looking to join the military soon. Checking out a couple options ranging from PJs to SEALs, hoping this site can answer a couple questions. Thanks.
Old 15 July 2019, 22:17

Hey guys,

My name is Tim. I am a Paramedic and EMS Educator. Just here to soak up some knowledge...
Old 15 July 2019, 22:24
BTDT

Welcome Gentlemen.
Old 16 July 2019, 09:43
0311/8651

Welcome
Old 16 July 2019, 12:32
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper216 View Post
Hey guys,

My name is Tim. I am a Paramedic and EMS Educator. Just here to soak up some knowledge...
Welcome. Take the time to read the stickies, look around and get the lay of the land.

Enjoy!

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.

Our new posting rules