SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 11 November 2018, 11:03

I bought a heavy bag at a garage sale. I use it to augment the muscle groups of the day and to reinforce my "structure". It is only used as a "deadweight". I was too cheap to buy a wrestling dummy. I think the best thing about using it, it has no handles no convenient way to grab it.

V/R
Old 12 November 2018, 01:46
Proud wearer of a Beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
So basically what you are saying is - your wife owns the whole house and she has pushed you out to the garage as "your safe space".
I know my place in life! (Happy wife = happy life)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durable View Post
I bought a heavy bag at a garage sale. I use it to augment the muscle groups of the day and to reinforce my "structure". It is only used as a "deadweight". I was too cheap to buy a wrestling dummy. I think the best thing about using it, it has no handles no convenient way to grab it.
V/R
I like that idea, but I'd have to get a 2nd bag to do it. It's too time-consuming to take the current bag down every day.

Maybe I could just wrestle the wife instead...
Old 12 November 2018, 16:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
I know my place in life! (Happy wife = happy life)
Well - in my situation - telling the wife she could not put anything in the garage would not translate to "happy wife"
Old 12 November 2018, 20:21
Proud wearer of a Beard.

It how you pass on the order/request/stipulation. Work smarter, not harder.
Old 13 November 2018, 12:22
I aim to misbehave

Heavy bag, power rack w/ pullup bar, barbell and plates, strongman log, and 100-150-200lb sandbags. Given a good enough budget, I'll add a heavy yoke, atlas stones, and exer-genie truck pull simulator.

But...that's all geared toward my specific goals. So...I guess before we can lay out an ideal home gym, we need to know your specific goals.

While true:
Continue
Old 13 November 2018, 22:52
Confirmed User

I have a "Zero Runner" and a set of dumbbells. It works out considering the many injuries I've accumulated. I do have a hard time getting my heart rate up over 120 on the zero runner. If I could redo it I'd get a "peleton bike" and do two spinning classes a day on that.
Old 14 November 2018, 03:27
Proud wearer of a Beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
But...that's all geared toward my specific goals. So...I guess before we can lay out an ideal home gym, we need to know your specific goals.
To look good nekkid.

Injury prevention, all-round strength/fitness maintenance & improvement, while being able to keep up with the kids/wife.

Although I'm not looking to do a selection course, I see no need to fade away, physically, just because I'm in my mid-40s. I find that if I start to slack off in the gym, old injuries flare up, (rotator cuff, back, wrists, knees). The more I workout, including lifting heavy shit, the better I feel.

Except if I try crossfit...that just seems to aggravate old injuries.

Let's just say I have the goal of looking like Jeff Cavaliere, and being an inspiration to a couple of energetic young children.
Old 14 November 2018, 11:34
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
I find that if I start to slack off in the gym, old injuries flare up, (rotator cuff, back, wrists, knees). The more I workout, including lifting heavy shit, the better I feel.
I actually have the same problem. If I take a week to be lazy, by back gets so bad I can barely walk. As long as I keep lifting heavy shit, I'm fine.

While true:
Continue

Our new posting rules