Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 December 2017, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
You see no strategic value in provoking our enemies via support for a nation who is also their enemy and, while following Bismarck's rule that nations have not allies but interests, has at least been less of an enemy to us and shared more of our interests than the rest of that region combined? This approach of avoiding ticking off an enemy seems quite contrary to your normal course of action in any other venue. To my possibly flawed understanding, that suggests an ulterior motive strong enough to over-ride your normal conception of logic into something between blind orneriness and knee jerk reactionism. I won't hazard a guess at diagnosing the problem, just the visible symptoms, though the quoted words are suggestive.
Nah. I just don't agree with this approach. If a nation is our enemy, we should just steamroll them, take their oil, and tell their "allies" (like Russia) that it's okay they can have the oil too. Hell, we should have nuked Iran already for their EFP factories that were killing our friends, brothers, and family members anyway. I don't agree with the 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' nonsense.

My suspicious and cynical nature is that this is more to garner favor with the AIPAC lobby and evangelical retards than it is a strategic move which involves "ticking off an enemy". I swear to God the binary thinking on this issue is ridiculous, as I outlined in post #63.
Old 22 December 2017, 18:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Nah. I just don't agree with this approach. If a nation is our enemy, we should just steamroll them, take their oil, and tell their "allies" (like Russia) that it's okay they can have the oil too. Hell, we should have nuked Iran already for their EFP factories that were killing our friends, brothers, and family members anyway. I don't agree with the 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' nonsense.

My suspicious and cynical nature is that this is more to garner favor with the AIPAC lobby and evangelical retards than it is a strategic move which involves "ticking off an enemy". I swear to God the binary thinking on this issue is ridiculous, as I outlined in post #63.
As if telling the UN, and psychophants, to go fuck themselves wasn't decades overdue. Given that 90% of UN actions pertain to anti-Israel bullshit, and Israel is an ally, why not use it as a political tool, win-win all around. Fuck those countries that sit around and spend US money dreaming up ways to fuck with Israel. The UN is a total inversion of American values, everything we try NOT to be. While they sit and sip cocktails on a rooftop and listen to the screams of the slaughter of Africans without raising a fucking finger, while aiding and abetting hamas and hizbullah terror orgs against the US personnel, interests, and allies, while the worst human rights abusers wag their child-diddling fingers at everyone else in feigned horror, you'd rather buy into some conspiracy theory about aipac and jewish control and influence, and take another course.

Yeah ok.

Fuck the UN. I'll never forget what they did against my unit in Lebanon, nor what they never did in Africa. Fukin burn in hell. Pussies.
Old 22 December 2017, 19:16

Look, this stuff isn't about some "conspiracy theory" (like we all don't know how lobby groups work) or whatever about anything. The next election cycle is ramping up, as I recently saw on a headline --- and as disgusted as I am with how how our leaders curry political favor for campaign donations --- am just inclined to believe that is more about getting $$$$ vs anything truly strategic in nature. And after the (D) victory in Alabama, I'm pretty sure the leftists will be pouring millions of $$$$ into trying to unseat as many 'conservative' Trump supporters as possible. So these candidates and incumbents want a bone thrown to them by the executive branch that can get some money pumped their way by a huge special interest lobby.

I can't even believe I have to qualify my statements now otherwise I'm a fucking blue-helmet UN supporter or Hamas/Hezz internet shill. Like my views on what we should do to the entire Muslim world isn't already on file down in the server room in Liberty Crossing or on a flash drive somewhere in the Utah data center. Yeesh. Touchy subject. Fuck it, I'm out.
Old 25 December 2017, 09:55
Confirmed User

Haley announces $285M cut in 2018-19 UN operating budget

LOL.....Merry Christmas UN!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...ng-budget.html
Old 25 December 2017, 10:30
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
Only in Washington could an increase be called a cut - Bill Clinton

The question is "Is it really a cut or just a cut in the increase?"
Old 25 December 2017, 10:36
Confirmed User

Nikki Halley announced cutting UN funds by about$275m so there's a win.
Old 25 December 2017, 11:38
Clorox bearer for SOTB

275 million cut? How much is that shit costing us per year????

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 25 December 2017, 11:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVmedic View Post
Nikki Halley announced cutting UN funds by about$275m so there's a win.
That made my day! If the world wants us to go keep "their" peace, let them pay us directly for our services. The UN needs to go away and before it does, we need to totally quit funding it.
Old 25 December 2017, 12:56
Been There Done That

There is another disturbing issue looking into this though. Some of our big allies, countries we use to pump much money into in forms of aid that kowtowed to the USA and beckoned to our every demand are now telling us they don't need us or really care about us. Countries like Cambodia and Thailand just two examples . Why? Cause China and Korea are pouring in money, investments. We are no longer king in the area. Seen this progressing over the last 15 years. Use to be you were an American, worked for US givtbor US backed NGO- you had tremendous power and influence. Now they got money from Korea, china , Singapore and even places like UAE. Do not need the USA anymore. 15 years ago no way would have Thailand or Cambodia voted against us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 25 December 2017, 13:04
Supporterator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
There is another disturbing issue looking into this though. Some of our big allies, countries we use to pump much money into in forms of aid that kowtowed to the USA and beckoned to our every demand are now telling us they don't need us or really care about us. Countries like Cambodia and Thailand just two examples . Why? Cause China and Korea are pouring in money, investments. We are no longer king in the area. Seen this progressing over the last 15 years. Use to be you were an American, worked for US givtbor US backed NGO- you had tremendous power and influence. Now they got money from Korea, china , Singapore and even places like UAE. Do not need the USA anymore. 15 years ago no way would have Thailand or Cambodia voted against us.
Interesting observation, especially to someone who has no experience in S.E. Asia.

It seems that the Chinese are a natural fit to cozy up to Cambodia/Thailand geographically. Are we lucky to have lasted as long as we did?
Old 25 December 2017, 13:33
Make a desert and call it peace.

Cool, save that money.

It's all fun and games until Han chinese boys are fucking all your women. It's a huge difference between a few foreign honkies from 8000miles away and 600 million single Han chicoms from the next country over. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 25 December 2017, 13:45
Confirmed User

^Word to that. If they're taking our scratch and don't see the true benefit, well they might just become WW3 partisans in a few decades. How'd you like that Yuan now Chang?
Old 25 December 2017, 14:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Cool, save that money.

It's all fun and games until Han chinese boys are fucking all your women. It's a huge difference between a few foreign honkies from 8000miles away and 600 million single Han chicoms from the next country over. S/F....Ken M
Actually , that is what has been going on as well. Many girls from southeast Asia flocking to and preffering Korean and Chinese over American men. Cause the Chinese and Koreans are now the ones with the money or power. Ask Cambodian or Thai orveven Vietnam girl 20 years ago , they would say want to marry American. Ask them now they will say Korean, Singapore, and rich shanghai Chinese. Chinese have been coming down to breed in the area, especially the rich for thousand years. Why many have chinese blood in their heritage, especially the richer ones. Now just history repeating itself again. The reign of American white man is king, prevalent through out Asia since end of WWII, regarding romance, marriage , power , money, influence - is coming to an end.

And thanks to our messed up tax system and the way the USA tries to exert control over foreign banks, there are many banks in Asia that do not even want to do service with you if you are an American. Was turned away from one Cambodian bank several years ago, use to do business with all the time, from starting up an account there cause was American - they don't want the hassle and they have enough rich Koreans and Chinese and singaporeans pouring in money they don't need American money.

Old 25 December 2017, 15:04
Make a desert and call it peace.

I know, I wasn't joking. It's extremely shortsighted, but that's normal 3rd world; low time preference. Part of the reason Asians are often compulsive gamblers. Like I said, it'll be amusing to me when the Han are running their country. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 25 December 2017, 15:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
I know, I wasn't joking. It's extremely shortsighted, but that's normal 3rd world; low time preference. Part of the reason Asians are often compulsive gamblers. Like I said, it'll be amusing to me when the Han are running their country. S/F....Ken M
They basically are running Cambodia and Myanmar now, behind the doors. China has bought off most in the upper echelons of the govt and military. Doing same in many parts of Africa. China puts China first and dies not care to which means to an end they use to accomplish that. China is now looking at America as just the hired help. An up and coming third world, drug addicted, place to use for labor, buy their cheap products, and educate their little emperors so they can take that knowledge back to China to rule the world.

Old 25 December 2017, 16:11
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
They basically are running Cambodia and Myanmar now, behind the doors. China has bought off most in the upper echelons of the govt and military. Doing same in many parts of Africa. China puts China first and dies not care to which means to an end they use to accomplish that. China is now looking at America as just the hired help. An up and coming third world, drug addicted, place to use for labor, buy their cheap products, and educate their little emperors so they can take that knowledge back to China to rule the world.
China is in Afghanistan and Africa as well..good thing I can use chopsticks
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 25 December 2017, 16:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
China is in Afghanistan and Africa as well..good thing I can use chopsticks
One of my students, was with 10th mountain in Afghan- and his platoon got tasked out doing security for Chinese mining engineers and staff in Afghan for a month or so. Too bad no media reporting on that and whose palms got greased.

Old 25 December 2017, 16:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
....An up and coming third world, drug addicted, place to use for labor, buy their cheap products, and educate their little emperors so they can take that knowledge back to China to rule the world.
Lol I think you guys are a bit paranoid. I'm friends with a bunch of Chinese party kids including one who's dad is on the standing committee(yes one of the 7). They send their kids over here to hide them because they're such fuck ups and it's an embarrassment to the party. My buddy knocked up 2 chicks and got into a bad accident in Beijing before they shanghai'd his ass to California. All the other guys are fuckin alcoholic trainwrecks with drug problems to boot. China has the millennial problem we do.
Old 25 December 2017, 17:15
Been There Done That

Guatemala announced it was moving it's embassy to Jerusalem as well. Now no one will fuck with us!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/g...usalem-n832486
Old 25 December 2017, 17:17
Confirmed User

A few years ago I was touring schools with my daughter and we happened to go into the Northeastern University (Boston) library on a Sunday afternoon. The ENTIRE library was FILLED with Chinese speaking Chinese....I mean hundreds. Maybe one table of Americans and some Indians.

LP, do you think it's wise we try to match them dollar for dollar influence wise in the countries you mentioned? What alternative do we have?

Our new posting rules