SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 24 September 2017, 13:35
Authorized Personnel

This was not a good move for the Jags regardless of what POTUS said unless the owner really wants to move someplace else. The Jags already had an issue with attendance, I see a serious down tick after this

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 24 September 2017, 13:40
Authorized Personnel

Can someone please explain to me what, exactly, these overpaid dipshits are "protesting"? Is it racial divide? Is it law enforcement? Is it LE use of force against criminals? Is it the oppressive society that has subjugated them and forced them into a life where they get to play a game and get paid millions of dollars?

Seriously, the NFL is becoming more like Hollywood every damn day. I used to really enjoy watching football, but it's not longer a distraction and pastime.

Oh, and Alejandro Villanueva is a stud. That's awesome to see that he broke ranks with his "team" and still showed respect during the National Anthem.
Old 24 September 2017, 13:42
Authorized Personnel

The whole Steelers team except for one player stayed in the locker room for the anthem.. Do the Steelers know who their fan base is..???

I am a Packers fan and will not watch today's game if they pull any kneeling etc..

I was apathetic to the NFL until today.. Now, they can suck it!

I know diehard Steelers and Packers fans all ready to watch the games today.. Now they are not...

I hope the NFL and all associated feel this in their wallets!

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 24 September 2017, 13:43
Confirmed User

Yeah, kneeling for the US National anthem, and standing for God save the Queen showed some real class.

This douche-baggery has now spread to professional baseball.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ng_anthem.html
Old 24 September 2017, 13:48
Shakin' the bush Boss

So, they have jobs where they have to stay in shape, get concussions and knee injuries, not beat your wife, have to stay out of jail and lay off the hippie lettuce. For several million dollars a year.

Sounds a lot like the job I used to do for about 30k.

Fuck em. All.
Old 24 September 2017, 13:53
Been There Done That

Jail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
So, they have jobs where they have to stay in shape, get concussions and knee injuries, not beat your wife, have to stay out of jail and lay off the hippie lettuce. For several million dollars a year.

Fuck em. All.
Jail? Did somebody say jail?

NFLArrest.com

This is for the around 1,700 NFL Players. Arrest rate is lower than the general population they say.
Old 24 September 2017, 13:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post

Fuck em. All.
Except your job contributed greatly to the overall welfare and safety of our country and all who live here. Theirs does not.
Old 24 September 2017, 14:00
Confirmed User

If you refuse to watch an nfl game because of the player protests....then you WILL be deemed a racist.
Old 24 September 2017, 14:09
Been There Done That

Some of the fault belongs to the coaches, they allow it...picture a player taking a knee if Lombardi, Halas, Landry, Bum Philips, etc. were still around...
Old 24 September 2017, 14:09
Isiah 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
If you refuse to watch an nfl game because of the player protests....then you WILL be deemed a racist.
That word has lost its true meaning. So what? Hell I am racist just for not voting for the Hildebeast. Where is that meteor?

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

“A little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.” -Francis Bacon
Old 24 September 2017, 14:14
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Some of the fault belongs to the coaches, they allow it...picture a player taking a knee if Lombardi, Halas, Landry, Bum Philips, etc. were still around...
Which is why I am more proud of my Philadelphia Eagles today than usual. Owner Jeffrey Lurie ensured his team - players and coaches - stood and joined them on the field for the anthem. And listening to some interviews earlier in the week - I believe it is honest sentiment from him and not only concern for his wallet. Well done, Mr. Lurie.
Old 24 September 2017, 14:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19MIKE View Post
I have been deemed a racist for a lot less. I was deemed a racist because I choose not to promote a Hispanic soldier due to incompetence, a black solder due to being a criminal and now I'm a rasict because I do not support overpaid people who play sports and act in movies. I am now comfortable with the title and the way I earned it. To be honest, It is as a false title such as Hillary Clinton's proclaimed love toward America but fuck it. I think my two black sons and Chinese daughter would disagree with it.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 24 September 2017, 14:21
Been There Done That

I don't understand the bitching by these NFL players, and I don't understand the people bitching about POTUS, or anyone else criticizing them. They have the right to protest(although I disagree with it) and we have the right to criticize them for it. if you want to protest whatever bullshit, be prepared to deal with the repercussions that come with it.
Old 24 September 2017, 14:40
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
I don't understand the bitching by these NFL players, and I don't understand the people bitching about POTUS, or anyone else criticizing them. They have the right to protest(although I disagree with it) and we have the right to criticize them for it. if you want to protest whatever bullshit, be prepared to deal with the repercussions that come with it.
The tizzy with POTUS interjecting himself into this is his office. Friday night, he stood at a podium with the Seal of the President and said these Americans exercising their right to free speech and protest were sons of bitches, deserving to be fired. IMO, that's unsat from a man who took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. The players, understandably took it personally.

The players kneeling are using the anthem as a way raise awareness on what they perceive as disparity between how races are treated across the country. Say what you will about their chosen method, but they have peoples attention far more than they would by other means.

I wouldn't be kneeling if I was out there. But I fully support what their doing, and would have the hand not on my heart on their shoulder if I was there in support.
Old 24 September 2017, 14:53
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAPete View Post
Jail? Did somebody say jail?

NFLArrest.com

This is for the around 1,700 NFL Players. Arrest rate is lower than the general population they say.
I see your list, and raise one more.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...cted_of_crimes
Old 24 September 2017, 14:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
Say what you will about their chosen method, but they have peoples attention far more than they would by other means.
They have people's attention all right.
Old 24 September 2017, 15:05
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
This was not a good move for the Jags regardless of what POTUS said unless the owner really wants to move someplace else. The Jags already had an issue with attendance, I see a serious down tick after this
Especially for a team based in a city where 70% of the economy is directly or indirectly related to the military- 2 Naval Bases, Camp Blanding, at least a dozen Reserve Centers, Blount Island, and at LEAST 150,000 retired military within 100 miles of the city, and until now, considered them our team.

They've had only 6 seasons out of 21 where they played past regulation, their attendance has been falling, and they've fought to stay in Jax because of it.

One of the stupidest moves they've made was NOT drafting Tim Tebow- I know he isn't a 'conventional' NFL quarterback but he could fill the stadium by himself- an look what he did for the Broncos before they fucked him over with Manning...

A lot of Jags fans are Gators fans, a very conservative group and the backlash from this could be the last nail in the Jaguars' coffin...
Old 24 September 2017, 15:14
Problem Solver

So apparently it's perfectly acceptable to call an athlete who chooses to kneel during the National Anthem a "son of a bitch" but not so much for some scumbag carrying a swastika flag and chanting Nazi slogans.

Got it.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 24 September 2017, 15:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq96r View Post
The tizzy with POTUS interjecting himself into this is his office. Friday night, he stood at a podium with the Seal of the President and said these Americans exercising their right to free speech and protest were sons of bitches, deserving to be fired. IMO, that's unsat from a man who took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. The players, understandably took it personally.

The players kneeling are using the anthem as a way raise awareness on what they perceive as disparity between how races are treated across the country. Say what you will about their chosen method, but they have peoples attention far more than they would by other means.

I wouldn't be kneeling if I was out there. But I fully support what their doing, and would have the hand not on my heart on their shoulder if I was there in support.
And most Americans, aside from these whiny sons of bitches agree with the POTUS for that. He didn't fire them, he just said they deserve to be.

What would you be supporting them for? They don't even seem to know what they are angry about.

Sure they have people's attention, but it's working against them.
Old 24 September 2017, 16:00
Confirmed User

Screw all the sports teams, they have all the money they need. I'll give my extra $'s to military and first responder charities for those who need it. I'm not even watching games on tv anymore. Maybe POTUS Trump could host real heroes or families of fallen real heroes instead. Dump sports altogether and let the whiners get real jobs.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."

Our new posting rules