Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 24 September 2017, 16:25
Amatuer TerrorAstrologist

I don't understand why they're kneeling. I don't understand why their kneeling would cause anyone to stop watching the NFL. I really don't understand why the President cares.

I'm going to continue to watch approximately 2 quarters of NFL each week. And there's no way I'm going to pay >$20 to go to any games where a beer costs $12.
"I am going to permit this thread to continue under the following conditions: 1. The original poster will cease posting like he is a skateboarder. 2. The original poster will use the search engine." -magician
Old 24 September 2017, 16:33
Been There Done That

I won't be watching NFL and I've been a hardcore Steelers fan since 1971.

I haven't watched a baseball game since the players union strike in 94.

That means my TV is not tuned to the games or highlights.That means buying no team apparel.

When College ball starts their shit they will get the same treatment.

I"m watching NASCAR now and have been forever. I don't see drivers neeling and don't suppose I will.

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 24 September 2017, 16:34
Bitter old man.

Fuck the NFL goddam cult. If it wasn't for football most would have the three Ns.
Nobody with Nothing going Nowhere.
Old 24 September 2017, 16:42
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Fuck the NFL goddam cult. If it wasn't for football most would have the three Ns.
Nobody with Nothing going Nowhere.
Americans tying their identity to professional sports has me utterly baffled. We need to produce an alternative avenue of entertainment/fulfillment which has a positive correlation for America and it's citizens.
Been There Done That

What really burns my ass are the great players we admired as kids growing up...men like Unitas, Butkus, etc. Most of these men didn't make enough money to support their family, and just about all of them had jobs during the off season. I'm waiting to see what the Redskins do tonight, if one fucker kneels, then I'll see the highlights on ESPN for the season and stay with college.
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
I don't understand why they're kneeling.
Neither do they.

Quote:
I don't understand why their kneeling would cause anyone to stop watching the NFL.
Because people are sick of the hypocrisy (protesting injustice when you get to play a game for millions of dollars) and seeing people who are nothing more than entertainers play the victim/race card and inject their political views into everything.

Quote:
I really don't understand why the President cares.
The President simply trolled the piss out of them, knowing that their hatred of him would cause them to react and show their asses even more than they have already. It also forced the NFL and the owners to take a concrete position on the issue and now they're stuck defending a bunch of crybabies to a fanbase that already had enough of their bullshit.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 24 September 2017, 16:50
Been There Done That

^^^^ BAM!

John Wayne as J.B. Books in the Shootist
Old 24 September 2017, 16:54
Authorized Personnel

Word KS11. I'm on a total NFL boycott, but my wife just told me the only Steeler player who came out for the Anthem was the dude that used to be a Ranger. Guess he's a motherfucker in the locker room now.
Old 24 September 2017, 16:55
Been There Done That

The biggest problem is with the American people...most have grown collectively used to having a President take the neutral ground, and when asked about the 'situation', they expect to hear him offer up some form of a smarmy excuse. And now...Now... 'WE' have a President that comes out and just plain lays the smackdown, straight up, real, raw and sometimes ugly...and fuckers are going hay-wire over it: Hollywood, sports, the tofu lovers, music, social media, etc. Freedom of Speech, sure...I get it. But respect is earned, and the song that honors our Flag shows that respect...you wanna kneel, then kneel at the Flag and ask for forgivness.
Old 24 September 2017, 16:57
Confirmed User

I used to be big into fantasy football. Was in 3-4 leagues, had a couple of grand in play every year. The vick thing was hard to take, but then this kapernick stuff popped up and that was it. I'm done.

I gave away all my seahawks gear a couple of years ago. Cancelled all the sports channels on cable last year. NFL is dead to me.
Old 24 September 2017, 16:59
Reverse Apache Master

The Freedom of Speech angle is a red herring too. The 1st Amendment has zero to do with employers controlling what their employees do on the clock. Any employer can tell his employees that personal shit must be conducted during personal time.

Trump's troll job just made the NFL and some of the owners take the official position that they'll allow their employees to stage protests on company time. They've painted themselves right into a corner and have no way out now.

I suspect once the money loss takes enough of a toll, they'll issue a blanket "no causes, pro or con, for or against anything while on the clock" policy.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 24 September 2017, 17:00
Been There Done That

They are not my fathers teams, and the teams today are not mine ! Click !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21766309_147736262498410_9200530228409024120_n.jpg (48.1 KB, 120 views)
Old 24 September 2017, 17:11
Problem Solver

Meanwhile, the Jets beat Miami, 20-6. McCown was outstanding and his 69-yard pass to Anderson was a thing of beauty...

GO GANG GREEN!!!

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 24 September 2017, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Because people are sick of the hypocrisy (protesting injustice when you get to play a game for millions of dollars) and seeing people who are nothing more than entertainers play the victim/race card and inject their political views into everything.
How is it hypocritical? Because they get paid a lot, they shouldn't protest a perceived injustice?
Quote:
The President simply trolled the piss out of them, knowing that their hatred of him would cause them to react and show their asses even more than they have already. It also forced the NFL and the owners to take a concrete position on the issue and now they're stuck defending a bunch of crybabies to a fanbase that already had enough of their bullshit.
The President cares because it was a good trolling opportunity? Neato. Glad he's doing the important stuff first thing in the morning. When the NFL becomes slightly less profitable, we'll finally pull together as a nation.
"I am going to permit this thread to continue under the following conditions: 1. The original poster will cease posting like he is a skateboarder. 2. The original poster will use the search engine." -magician
Old 24 September 2017, 17:16
Been There Done That

Quote:
The Freedom of Speech angle is a red herring too. The 1st Amendment has zero to do with employers controlling what their employees do on the clock. Any employer can tell his employees that personal shit must be conducted during personal time.

Trump's troll job just made the NFL and some of the owners take the official position that they'll allow their employees to stage protests on company time. They've painted themselves right into a corner and have no way out now.

I suspect once the money loss takes enough of a toll, they'll issue a blanket "no causes, pro or con, for or against anything while on the clock" policy.
They will allow this shit but doing something to honor the police officers killed in Dallas is where the NFL draws the line.
Old 24 September 2017, 17:22
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
How is it hypocritical? Because they get paid a lot, they shouldn't protest a perceived injustice?
Ray Lewis, arguably got away with murder.

The dipshit in NE that hung himself in prison, didn't get away with murder.

The various worthless d-bags that laid their hands on their wives/girlfriends....

The DUI's and Violations of the League's Substance Abuse Policy...

They are thugs protesting how cops treat thugs.

I'm paying to watch football, not how they feel about things in society. If I am paying you to play football, that's what I expect to see, or I will spend my time and money elsewhere....

Fuck those thugs....
Old 24 September 2017, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestboy View Post
Ray Lewis, arguably got away with murder.

The dipshit in NE that hung himself in prison, didn't get away with murder.

The various worthless d-bags that laid their hands on their wives/girlfriends....

The DUI's and Violations of the League's Substance Abuse Policy...
I fail to see how this makes them hypocrites.
Old 24 September 2017, 17:50
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo Kane View Post
Some of the fault belongs to the coaches, they allow it...picture a player taking a knee if Lombardi, Halas, Landry, Bum Philips, etc. were still around...
A 'good coach' would have all the players in sync.

A 'good teammate' would smack a disrespectful asshole.

I miss football.
Old 24 September 2017, 18:04

Quote:

This.

The owners and the NFL League Office are collectively scared as hell that some type of fan boycott takes hold. Not just in game attendance, but in TV ratings where the real money is. Can you image the shit storm if this goes on long enough to affect the Super Bowl? If ratings fall, their franchises valued at over a BILLION dollars each, will receive a major hit.

The problem is that they let this go on long enough that they can't crack down on the players now without seeming to cave into the POTUS. But if they let it continue, the risk of a fan boycott increases as more players protest to symbolically give the POTUS the middle finger.
Old 24 September 2017, 18:22
Been There Done That

Quote:
I fail to see how this makes them hypocrites.
They're bitching about the way cops act but they employ criminals and overall shitty people. I think it's pretty simple to understand.

Our new posting rules