SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 8 January 2008, 12:47

Hello again....

I actually registered under BrnW4ter some months back and forgot my password. As this is my first post under this profile I don't want to step out of line and just get on with posting without followin the rules.
Spent 5yrs at SDVT2(00-05) as a task unit tech LPO and then moved on to RIVRON2 where I am currently a Boat Captain of a Riverine Patrol Boat in Iraq. Looking foward to the discussions now that I have my cranium removed from down under. Been other laces but who wants to talk about that. See you out there in the freezing sand(never thought it got cold like this in the desert).
Old 8 January 2008, 13:02
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFS0AVN
listen to your senior NCOs.
That is the number one best piece of advice you can heed.
Old 8 January 2008, 18:14

New Guy

Greetings

Formerly 10 yrs active duty as an AV8B Harrier driver w/VMA-223. Went to run SERE for a tour and then left.

Got back involved with the MARFORES Marksmanship Training Unit and shooting teams out of the IRR.

Currently signed up as a FAC with a USMCR Bn getting ready to go.

Hoping this will be a good place to get some decent
info about my upcoming trip from those that have gone before me, without screwing OpSec, ComSec and PerSec etc!

Semper Fidelis

Pinto
Old 8 January 2008, 23:03

First Post

I am a former 11B, served four years in the 3rd ID (OIF 1 & 3). I am now currently located in Western Illinois, and work as a civilian in Army Material Command.
Old 9 January 2008, 03:40
Deke
Visitor

Intro

Retired Army MI. 23 years. Enjoying my freedom. Don't have too much time to come here and post often, but like to stay informed and share when I can.
Old 9 January 2008, 13:55
Rocket Man

Intro

Hey gents Ive served in 3rd ID as a 11B and did a few tours between Kuwait and Iraq, Im currently serving with 3rd SFG as a detatchment Sr. Wpns Sgt for a Scuba team and have done numerous deployments Im currently on number 7 total, I hope to gain some connections and friends.
Old 9 January 2008, 13:57
Rocket Man

Hey marion 11B which bn were you in, I to originate from chicago area
Old 9 January 2008, 21:07

Hello All,
I formerly served with the 75th RGR REGT. I was in A Co. 3/75 1998-2001. I was at RHQ 2001-2003. After a 3 month tour as a civilian I was recalled to support OIF in an IRR status. I work 3 years w/ USCENTCOM, JIACG, 2003-A2007. I'm currently serving as a TPU Soldier in Florida.
I currently work for Enterprise Rent a Car.

I'm here to link up with some old Ranger Buddies.

RLTW
RGR Carey
Old 9 January 2008, 21:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamparegnar
Hello All,
I formerly served with the 75th RGR REGT. I was in A Co. 3/75 1998-2001. I was at RHQ 2001-2003. After a 3 month tour as a civilian I was recalled to support OIF in an IRR status. I work 3 years w/ USCENTCOM, JIACG, 2003-A2007. I'm currently serving as a TPU Soldier in Florida.
I currently work for Enterprise Rent a Car.

I'm here to link up with some old Ranger Buddies.

RLTW
RGR Carey

Welcome aboard.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 10 January 2008, 04:47

Hi, guys! Special thanks to SOCNET admin's for quickly registration.
And easy roads in "red zones" for everybody.
Old 10 January 2008, 06:22

Active Army deployed. Lucky enough to be on the net. ME ........ nothing special 13f married,kids. From missouri. Glad to find a spot i can come and chill on the net.
Old 10 January 2008, 13:17
Confirmed User

Hello Everyone.

One of my teammates suggested I check this sight out. It looks like a good community.
Old 10 January 2008, 15:55

Good day Gents,
Just quickly wanted to say hello to everyone on the SOCNET boards.
I am a former Navy Search & Rescue Swimmer.
Prior to SAR school, I attended BUD/S Class 146 thru 3rd phase where I was performance dropped after failing Pool Comp. Received orders to ST2 and Welcome Aboard letter from the C.O. ST2 but NEVER A SEAL
I have the utmost respect for our nations bravest and finest military men and women and their families, especially the special operations community.
Old 10 January 2008, 16:39
Scotty's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg700
Hello Everyone.

One of my teammates suggested I check this sight out. It looks like a good community.
It is. I recently met a guy from 3rd Grp He moved over to 3/7.
Old 11 January 2008, 02:51

Hi all,

I'm a former Police Officer (4 yrs) here in OZ and been looking at this site for a while, seems to be a good bunch hanging out here.
Looking for some info on getting any type of work in Iraq or Afghanistan, doesn't matter what for a start, can always work your way up.

Cheers

Moose
Old 11 January 2008, 12:57

FNG medic5100

Hello all,
My name is Mike AKA "DESI" It's a great honor to be part of this group, thank you. I may have treated, worked with or seen some of you in the past hope everyone is well. I started out with the ARMY 3rd ACR out of Ft. Bliss TX 90-93 pulled allot of coverage out at Camp McGregor for the Ranger TB(Thanks guys for teaching me how to blow shit up and qualify on every weapon known to man lol), spent allot of time out at Dona Ana, NM and White Sands Range for different projects/contractors. After 9/11 signed back up for last year with Det 1/24th Med A/A out of Topeka, KS True ALS Flight Medic/MedEvac group learned some amazing things. I'm currently a FT FF/Paramedic AHA ACLS and BLS Instructor, currently very active on the Tactical Entry Team have completed Civilian TEMS and SWAT Training/Quals.....I ADMIT IT I'M ADDICTED TO THE ADRENALIN..we are not super busy but get enough. The greatest mentors personally and professionally I have had all were Spec Ops, one of the greatest gifts I ever rec'd was from a guy pretty bad off I got him stabilized and to definitive care he survived with no ill effects, a month later he hunted me down walked up to me turned my palm up and placed a USASOC Crest in my hand and said "Sine Pari Brother, I owe you"...I didn't want to seem like a goob so I thanked him and we talked for a while... When I got back I looked up Sine Pari and realized what the guy was telling me / giving me the crest, I still see him from time to time and I keep it on me to remind me why I do what I do...Thanks for all you guys have done and are doing.
DESI
Old 11 January 2008, 14:39
Been There Done That

Hello All,
My name is Ralph. I am a former 11B, 31V,18E, and 18Z
I served with the 8th SFGA(SAF), 3bn 7th in Panama, 7th at Ft Bragg.
Did a stint as an Instructor in SF Schools (COMMO) and ROTC.
The Army retired me Dec 31 1991. I work now for EDS at their NMCI project out of Quantico VA. Learned about this board through Professional Soldiers.
Old 11 January 2008, 16:29
Administrator

Welcome aboard.

You're not too far from me. Maybe we can get together some time.
Old 12 January 2008, 00:07

intro

Training for BUD/s and plan on enlisting in the Navy after College currently wrestling in high school(Senior year).
Old 13 January 2008, 22:40

Hello, gentlemen.

Recent college graduate and currently in the DEP for the US Army. Reclassifying from 11B to 35M for a slot at DLI. Learned about this site from Lightfighter. Looks like a place where I can learn a lot from, and I look forward to doing so. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Our new posting rules