SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 10 April 2020, 11:24
Been There Done That

Regimental Chaplain Team Videos

Just watched the latest Regimental Chappy's video on YouTube. Very encouraging words even for an guy like me who don't go to services that much. He referenced how Admiral Stockdale stayed motivated and maintained a positive attitude during his time in the Hanoi Hilton. This video sure helped me out on dealing with today's issues our nation is facing with this COVID-19 stuff. There's another video by one of Chappy's NCOs about holding a grudge and how it effects our physical performances. I showed it to my wife because she is numeral uno on holding grudges on even the smallest things. I'm not posting a link here because I'll mess it up. I'm sure you all know how to navigate on YouTube and do a search for it.

RLTW!
Old 10 April 2020, 15:09
Been There Done That

The Regiment always had good Chaplains. In the late 80’s I took a liking to our Chaplain in 1st Batt. I always invited him out to live fires, training, etc.

It musta paid off. I saw him in the Mtns as an RI a couple years s later. He graduated and became the Regimental Chaplain shortly afterwards.

Real good man but another forgotten name.

I’ve had to square Chaplains in other units away as a 1SG though.
Old 10 April 2020, 17:22
Been There Done That

Our chaplain in the mid-80s was a little tiny old (by "old"-- probably mid-40s) Captain. I always wondered what in the world he was doing there. I forget his name... it's right on the tip of my cortex...

Nope. It's gone.
Old 10 April 2020, 17:23
Been There Done That

I remember the late 80's when Chaplin Bloomstrom would lead Battalion PT for 3/75 on Good Friday and we would carry those big crosses on the run.
Old 10 April 2020, 17:45
Administrator

I have always though that Jeff Struecker would have been awesome at that job, and I have been told he indeed was....too bad I missed him. He was a couple generations after me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeff-ranger.jpg (26.2 KB, 98 views)

SGT A/1/75 86-89
Ranger Class 13-87

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine
Old 11 April 2020, 00:29
Been There Done That

Pondwater, I remember that run. We Ran down to where Patton use to show his horses. Picked up the big crosses and ran back to Pedan field. I didn’t get to carry the crosses since I was a runner, I got stuck running as a road guard.

Our new posting rules