SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 3 August 2015, 18:06
On the Extract Bird

Hello Folks,

My names Ron and I am in no way associated with any branch of military other than harboring a deep respect for those who serve.

I'm a field biologist by trade and love SCUBA diving and spearfishing.

Hope to learn from the future cyber pals I'll be making here.

- Ron
Old 4 August 2015, 12:37

Introduction

Hello All,

I am not affiliated with the US Military. I am deeply appreciative of the work that you all do for our country. I recently finished a Master's degree in Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies and Special Operations has become an obsession of mine. I plan on enlisting into the PJ/CCT pipeline for the USAF.

Thank you for welcoming me in!

Best,

Marq
Old 4 August 2015, 12:58
Swimming Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled Rage View Post
Hello, and thank you for accepting me into the community. Like some others, I was looking for contract work overseas when I ran across this site. And, I felt right at home after reading a few of the posts...especially in the "How Not to Post" section.

My History:
4 Years - Jul01-Jul05 - Active Duty Army - Airborne Infantry (11B1P) - Full Honors Casket Bearer - 1st of 3rd US INF BAT, The Old Guard (TOG) - Ft. Myer, VA. ETS'd as an E-5 with an EIB & GPB.
2 Years - Aug07-Jun09 - Army Reserves - Intel Analyst (No School) - 3300 DET 1 STRAT Intel Group - Ft. Belvoir, VA

10 Years - Jul05-Present - Contracting:
7 Years Armed Security - DC area
3 Years CI Overseas - Saudi Arabia, Burundi & Afghanistan

I wanted to be gung-ho and high-speed in the military like many new recruits and ended up being able to honor those who sacrificed more than I ever could...not for their country, but for their fellow man.

When I got out and got the chance to go over and do my part, I did. After my youngest was born, I came home to help my wife raise him to a suitable age...it has been hard as hell maintaining that level of security in civilized environments (weight gain, depression, etc.). Now that he's old enough, I'm again looking for long term overseas contracts that allow vacations every 3 to 4 months.

Again, thank you for accepting me into the community. I look forward to reading more informative and entertaining posts.
Where did you get CI training?
Old 5 August 2015, 08:36

My name is Shawn and am currently a 3D172 in the USAF. I've been stationed in Korea, CA, San Antonio, and now in Warner Robins, GA, but currently deployed.

MountainBum referred me over here a few months back when I was researching a job but I just now decided to join up. I was contacted by JSOC/J6 a few weeks ago to interview for a position and joined this forum to learn a little more about what you all do. Thanks for letting me in and I hope to learn a lot!
Old 6 August 2015, 12:01

Re-posting Introduction

Hello and thank you for the site. Re-posting my intro since the first seems to have been lost...it's been a while.

Prior Service E-5 REMF. 4 yrs active 2 Reserve 91B, 91G, 91V. Most of my time at Ft. Riley with the remainder spent in training between Bliss and Sam.

Jeff
Old 7 August 2015, 17:41
Confirmed User

Hello all and thanks for accepting me in fellas and I appreciate all that you have done and also much gratitude to those that continue to do.

Former LE for 4 years before going in to the corporate world/logistics. No prior service for me, but a great many of my buddies did and do, one of whom I lost in that trash bag of a country Iraq.

Anywho, I'm from an Indiana born and raised, I'm an analyst, have a girlfriend, and the greatest 8 year old little lady in the world (I'm biased) -- other than that, I got nothin. Hello!
Old 8 August 2015, 14:26

Intro

Here because a dear friend told me about her husbands memorial posted on this site. Bob Watson LTC (Ret). I served with Bob in 7th Group under the "Wag" Also served in 10th with "Link" German and am a plank holder in the "Army of Northern Virginia" with others who remember the days when Berlin was a divided city. Probably won't participate much, because I'm not accustomed to transmitting in the blind except with a GRC-109 for those who remember morse code and burst transmitters and the ever reliable hand cranked generator that kept you in shape. I just wanted to echo the kind comments about my friend Bob, who was working for me as my Deputy when he passed. Having just left SOCAFRICA after 46 years of Federal Service I appreciate the tribute on the mock-up. Well done!! DOL.
Old 8 August 2015, 15:25
Been There Done That

INTRO

Retired team guy looking to stay connected. New to social media and very green to this forum for comms. Easy day.
Old 8 August 2015, 15:44
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Welcome aboard frog154....
Old 11 August 2015, 12:06

intro

eddy here. I am a prior Forward Observer with 4 years in Germany with 3/2SCR from 2006 - 2010. I deployed with them from mid 2007 to late 2008 as a Platoon FO and RTO throughout Baghdad and Diyala Province. Got hit with recruiting orders, so I spent the next 3.5 years as a Recruiter and got out at the end of 2013. Since then, I've been working for a government contractor and kept ties with the Reserves.
Old 11 August 2015, 13:25

Intro - 1st Post

Greetings All, thanks for adding me. Name’s Tim.

Active duty ’82-’85: first year at USDB, last 2 in Mannheim, Germany at Coleman Barracks with 97th Signal Bn.

Got out, break in service, came back in ’94 Infantry with Maryland Guard. TOW Platoon and then Scouts for 10 years. Took Admin bust from E6 to E4 to join Airborne LRS unit in ‘02, then went OCS to the dark Side and commissioned in ’03.

Moved to Heidelberg Germany, ‘O3 – ’09 with 7th Civil Support Command. Went to AFG in ’07 as ETT. Initially at FOB Lightning in Gardez, then spent majority of tour at Chamkani working with AFG Border Patrol – Border Control Point 11.

Transferred to Reserves in ‘10 upon return – Joint Staff, J7 Irregular Warfare Group. Iraq in ’11 at COB Speicher with 4ID HQ. Return to Joint Staff, J7 CENTCOM Planner in ’12; then to Kuwait, TF Spartan Shield in ’13, and then back to JS J7 where I currently am.

Looking to transfer over to CA after 20 years in IN. Glad to be on board; looking forward to beefing up on CA selection process, profession, and being around a deep bench of active/retired professionals and great Citizens.

Great Ranger-Up Quote I saw today: We, the unappreciated, must do the unimaginable, and see the unthinkable, to protect the ungrateful.

- Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Old 11 August 2015, 22:26

Hello from upstate NY

Hello and thank you for allowing me to join the group. I am a Father and family man first, business man second. I come from a family full of servicemen from Marines as well as Army. I unfortunately did not have the honor of serving along side you gents. I will go ahead and say thank you to each and every one of you for your sacrifices and service to this country and your loyalty. I am here to hopefully get some needed information. Again thank you for allowing me to join the group!
Old 12 August 2015, 00:05

introduction

Hello all, thank you for granting me access to your forum.

My name is Matt, I am enlisting into the Army as an 18x. I am 22 years old and have a college degree in Paramedical Technology. I am a nationally licensed Paramedic. I also have a minor in Fire Science and am a Firefighter. I currently work on a hoist capable search and rescue helicopter, which I am also HO qualified on, in the Arctic Circle in Alaska.

I currently work with Jeremy T. and Nick A. who recently served in the 160th. They are the ones who have talked me into this program.

I am a exceptional paramedic who feels i have much more to offer than dealing with civilians who call 911 for unnecessary garbage 95% of the time. I believe between my current experience/training and that of the 18D curriculum I would be a valuable asset to any team.

I know this is a introduction not the place for my life story/why I am joining. I have a large bio, My physical stats, GT score, and a lot more info if anyone is interested.

If anyone else has went from the civilian Fire and EMS world into SF i would love to hear from you.

Respectfully,

Matt

Last edited by Ace; 12 August 2015 at 10:02. Reason: Persec
Old 12 August 2015, 08:48
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-MICP View Post
My name is Matt, I am enlisting into the Army as an 18x. I am 22 years old and have a college degree in Paramedical Technology. I am a nationally licensed Paramedic. I also have a minor in Fire Science and am a Firefighter. I currently work on a hoist capable search and rescue helicopter, which I am also HO qualified on, in the Arctic Circle in Alaska.

I am a exceptional paramedic who feels i have much more to offer than dealing with civilians who call 911 for unnecessary garbage 95% of the time.
I know this is a introduction not the place for my life story/why I am joining. I have a large bio, My physical stats, GT score, and a lot more info if anyone is interested.
You're 22 and an "exceptional" medic Probably not. But if you make it to the 18D course make sure you tell the cadre that.

As for what people think of your PT/GT scores, please follow the link. http://socnet.com/showthread.php?t=124622
Old 12 August 2015, 12:38
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-MICP View Post
Hello all, thank you for granting me access to your forum.

I currently work with Jeremy T. and Nick A. who recently served in the 160th. They are the ones who have talked me into this program.

I am a exceptional paramedic who feels i have much more to offer than dealing with civilians who call 911 for unnecessary garbage 95% of the time. I believe between my current experience/training and that of the 18D curriculum I would be a valuable asset to any team.

If anyone else has went from the civilian Fire and EMS world into SF i would love to hear from you.

Respectfully,

Matt

That is all.
Old 12 August 2015, 13:43
Confirmed User

Thanks for allowing me on the site.

I'm a retired Army MP, worked Law Enforcement after I retired for about 10 years, then saw the light and got into GS Service.

I've worked at Leavenworth and now currently working in Stuttgart at one of the COCOMs.

Thanks again.
Old 13 August 2015, 09:19

0311 at 2nd FAST 05-08. 2nd LAR Scout 08-10. PSS in Baghdad for a couple of years with a little time off in between. Oh and Ive been following the site since about 08, just never thought to register just liked to more or less see what was going on. Less is more so I hear. Either way the site has always provided a plethora of info on hot topics and things in between. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to join.

Last edited by SonJay; 13 August 2015 at 09:22. Reason: Forgot some info.
Old 13 August 2015, 10:55
moose_nukelz
Visitor

Hey all,

Name is Alex, did four years as an 11M in Germany and Ft. Riley from 97 to 01. Five years as a D.o.D. cop from 09 to 14 and now with the Bureau of Prisons. Low speed and high drag for me, haha.
Old 13 August 2015, 11:33

Hey gents,

Thanks for the acceptance into this forum. From what I've been reading thus far, seems to be a lot of really educated guys offering up some great insight. Glad to be a part of it. I've been separated from the army since March of last year, looking to expand my network.

3/75 mtr '10-'14 RLTW!
Old 13 August 2015, 17:37
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem View Post
Hey gents,

Thanks for the acceptance into this forum. From what I've been reading thus far, seems to be a lot of really educated guys offering up some great insight. Glad to be a part of it. I've been separated from the army since March of last year, looking to expand my network.

3/75 mtr '10-'14 RLTW!
Get over to the Ranger Regiment forum and get vetted.

Welcome home, young brother...

Our new posting rules