SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 23 October 2002, 21:37
Been There Done That

Hey Huggies: Keep on Keepin on brudda. As a former 18x'er I still can feel your pain. You are doing well, I know it wasn't easy to get hard and absorb the things you need to know comin straight off the street. Be proud you are hangin with some pretty bad ass muther fkrs, listen to your team when you get there, they will up it another notch for ya. Good Luck and GodSpeed.

DOL
Old 24 October 2002, 03:03

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
Be a good soldier. Do everything that you are told to, when you are told to, to the best of your abilities without any whining or excessive griping. Never be the first to sit down, or the last to get up. Try not to get hurt. Help your buddies when you can. Try to maintain a positive attitude. Listen to your instructors, and follow instructions to the letter. Do the right thing, even when you think no one is watching. Be as good a follower as you are a leader. Always do the best that you can, and never, ever quit.
Reaper:

That is not only excellent advice for the pipeline, sounds to me like excellent advice for anything you do in life.

I especially like the line, "Do the right thing, even when you think no one is watching".
Old 24 October 2002, 09:20
Arrogant Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulf Yankee

I especially like the line, "Do the right thing, even when you think no one is watching".
Especially when no one is watching!
Old 25 October 2002, 13:08
Confirmed User

Re: 18x success rate

Quote:
Originally posted by Huggies
Hey everyone, just wanted to make an update on the sf babies' progress. We started with 44 18xrays. This includes two different groups that started April 3rd. Of that group of 44 only 7 of us even went to SFAS. Of that 7, 6 of us graduated. The lone non-select had a problem with losing his rifle... We have 2 charlies, 2 echo, and 2 deltas
What SFAS class did you go through? Just curious since I'm an 18xer who arrived at 30th on April 3rd. I was assigned 18B along with a buddy of mine who also came in the same day. Just finished BNCOC and going to phase II next Friday. Don't you remember those two guys back at SOPC trying to square you guys away right before you left for selection? I'm assuming you just finished SFAS class 08-02. Get your information right buttnugget.

"More is accomplished by a handshake and a weapon than either one by itself."
Old 25 October 2002, 13:21
Confirmed User

Re: Huggies, quick question

Quote:
Originally posted by Ltigator
You said:
Do you know how the RIPpers got into SOPC?
Jim
Since they're technically still IET soldiers and haven't checked in with a unit yet, they can visit with the SF recruiter at Ft Benning and opt for the SF Pipeline. RIP kinda does the same thing at Airborne school. They have a RIP liason come talk to joes with certain MOS's and give them the opportunity to go to RIP instead of going to whatever unit they were supposed to go to. Of the SOPC guys I went through with, some of them signed up while they were in OSUT, some in Airborne, and a bunch from RIP. Hope this answered your question. Later.

"More is accomplished by a handshake and a weapon than either one by itself."

Our new posting rules