SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 27 October 2002, 20:57
##Xguy
Visitor

sorry

alright, I am fully aware this may result in lethal flammage, but I gotta know. Do all US ARMY SF soldiers wear their SF tab above the ranger tab(if they also have a ranger tab)? I recently was told it wasn't true, from someone who was never a SF soldier, and had my doubts. I figured the only way this would be is if a soldier, maybe an 18d was serving in a ranger regiment after becoming qualified SF. is this the case? let the flames begin!!!
Old 27 October 2002, 21:04
Arrogant Bastard

The SF tab is worn above the Ranger tab if both have been earned. AR 670-1 and 672-5-1 have all the answers on the Wear and Appearance of the uniforms and what order Awards and Decorations are to be worn.
Old 27 October 2002, 21:08
##Xguy
Visitor

thanks a lot. :D
Old 29 October 2002, 12:42
Whatever Sucks the Most

i believe

that there is latitude on the positioning of the Ranger and SF tabs on the dress blue uniform, however.

i routinely wore my Ranger tab on the inside position, nearest my heart.

stupid dress blues. They cost hundreds of dollars, and i think i wore them twice.

Our new posting rules