Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 12 November 2017, 18:09
Swimming Upstream

I know of someone who goes to a doctor in Greenville SC..who is a part of this company and gives good reviews.

https://www.bodylogicmd.com/bioidentical-hormone-doctors
- Faith involves believing in the veracity of the unprovable and unobservable, whether that consists of religion or theoretical physics, which at the very subatomic level start looking rather similar. -ET1/SS Nuke
Old 20 November 2017, 10:24
#BlackRiflesMatter

Well, got the lab results back Friday, and had a magic number of 135. I will get a full copy of the report later today for more details. Waiting for my own prescription to arrive (TestC, HCG, DIM), and received an initial starter shot at the office IM into the right glute on Friday.

No major changes yet (of course), except I'm able to get more than 2-3 hrs sleep these last few days.

Will advise of progress and more details.

My gut is telling me already I need to change doctors, as this office seems like herding cattle, and with what seems like a large markup. But, at least the ball is rolling, and I have lab results. So, now, I can optimize and fine tune.

Last edited by Tycon; 20 November 2017 at 10:32.
Old 21 November 2017, 20:47
#BlackRiflesMatter

Lab Numbers, 56yrs old, very active, BP/BG numbers good.

Albumin 4.9g/dl
Estradiol (E2) <5pg/mL
PSA total 2.860ng/ml
Testosterone total 170 ng/dl (not 135 as I remembered)
SHBO 22nmol/L
Testosterone free 3.69ng/dl
Old 22 November 2017, 08:21
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
Lab Numbers, 56yrs old, very active, BP/BG numbers good.

Albumin 4.9g/dl
Estradiol (E2) <5pg/mL
PSA total 2.860ng/ml
Testosterone total 170 ng/dl (not 135 as I remembered)
SHBO 22nmol/L
Testosterone free 3.69ng/dl
Oh boy - you'll be glad you checked! 170ng/dl is LOOOOOOOW

1. That Estradiol reading looks like it was done using the Immunoassay, and not Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) - you may want to verify and retest that if true. Males should *always* use LC/MS for E2.

2. How many milligrams was the shot? How often did they say you will get/take one?

3. You need to keep a feel on your nipples. DIM is most likely not going to cut it as an Aromatase Inhibitor (which is also why you need that LC/MS E2 reading). I would contact them back and see if they can at least write you a 1 time fill of 1mg Anastrozole *in case of emergency*, ie. it's Friday night and your nipples light up like a Christmas Tree. For ref, I take 500mcg (micrograms - half a tab using pill cutter) for 70mg Test Cyp twice a week (for a total of 140mg Test, 1mg Anastrozole per week).

4. Sleep will improve quickly. But it'll take about 4-6 weeks for levels to stabilize, and when any Estrogen problems may start without an Rx AI.
Old 22 November 2017, 09:59
#BlackRiflesMatter

Polypro, I sure appreciate your guidance. I wasn't smart enough to ask the size of the "booster" they gave me (last Friday) while my own prescription is being made, but I did ask if I should have another yesterday after 4 days when I went to pickup my lab copy. They said the doctor likes to wait 7 days between shots (IM). So, knowing the halflife it looks like this doc is not up to speed on smoothing out the sawtooth.

I'm going to immediately transfer to the doc that Xenon mentioned after starting this first batch. Hell, he's only 4 miles away, so still convenient. I also watched a couple good vids on your doc too, with good information.

Also kinda pissed me off when I went in yesterday to get a copy of the lab, they still hadn't ordered the Rx so now I'm looking at 10+ days minimum because of them closing for the 4day weekend. I'm not sure I like this dependency on what appears to be a group of "cattle herding" assholes that can't keep up. Got to fix that ASAP.

I'm losing trust (fast) and I may just call today and cancel this order and start over with Xenon's doctor. I should be able to use my copy of these lab results anyway, I hope. Money's just a little tight now, here at the end of the year juggling a bit.

And hell, I'm a cocky arrogant-enough bastard now, at 175...imagine when I "feel good" again at 800-1000~!

Last edited by Tycon; 22 November 2017 at 10:29.
Old 22 November 2017, 10:38
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple36 View Post
With getting older, my hormone levels have completely tanked...man it is no joke...hormones rule the body and mind...it's been a horrible past 2 years for me..seriously. I've been trying everything, researching everything under the sun, and finally decided to do HRT...started last week. Nothing earth shattering yet...but just going to keep on keeping on. I'm on an Estrogen/Progestin patch at the lowest dose...and will consider a T shot in the future if my mojo doesn't return...
Not a girl, but raised three and am married to one.....

Make sure you are religious with the big three periodic tests. My wife who is probably a decade older than you followed a similar course of treatment and is convinced that this lead to her breast cancer (Estrogen and Progesten). No free lunches in getting old.

Guys, if you take a test supplement, keep a watch on your PSA for similar reasons.

Last edited by The Fat Guy; 22 November 2017 at 10:44.
Old 22 November 2017, 12:39
BTDT

For women, brand spanking out of the gate:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/2653735

For guys: Yea, PSA is always good to get, but the latest is that Estrogen is the culprit - which old guys make more of, and the fatter you are, the more you make (fat is where most of the Aromatase enzyme hangs out). If high Test caused Prostate Cancer, we'd have a bunch of sad 20 year olds. DHT is actually used in other countries to treat Prostate problems. But, it's controversial, so do your homework.
Old 11 December 2017, 13:19
#BlackRiflesMatter

Put everything on hold until I can get started with different doctor. At least I have some idea of the numbers now.

Just didn't have a good "gut feeling" about the "herding cattle" method of that office. To many opportunities for FU, and price much higher than polypro's advice. Will try again after the holidays at the new doc Xenon had good experience with.
Old 16 December 2017, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
For women, brand spanking out of the gate:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/2653735

For guys: Yea, PSA is always good to get, but the latest is that Estrogen is the culprit - which old guys make more of, and the fatter you are, the more you make (fat is where most of the Aromatase enzyme hangs out). If high Test caused Prostate Cancer, we'd have a bunch of sad 20 year olds. DHT is actually used in other countries to treat Prostate problems. But, it's controversial, so do your homework.
Soy supposedly increases estrogen, too.

Our new posting rules