Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 14 November 2017, 22:24
Did...did I do that?

VA Online Appointment Scheduling!

It's about frigging TIME!

From the email:
Quote:
You can now manage your primary care and certain specialty care VA appointments online at participating VA facilities. You will need a Premium My HealtheVet Account to use online scheduling. If you do not have a Premium account, please visit My HealtheVet or contact the My HealtheVet Coordinator at your nearest VA facility.

U.S. Army Veteran G. Paul Moffett, who helped test online scheduling at the VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System in Murfreesboro, TN, says it’s about giving Veterans greater control over scheduling their care.

“Rather than making a phone call and playing go fish, now I can [go online and] pick the date that best fits my schedule,” he says. “You can use it anytime, anywhere – on whatever Internet-access device you have. I’m excited about it. It’s great stuff.”

Currently, online scheduling is available at more than 100 VA facilities and their associated Community Based Outpatient Clinics. VA plans to add more appointment types in the future and is working to make online scheduling available at nearly all VA facilities next year. Check to see if your VA facility offers online scheduling.
This link should show you which facilities are up and running: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-port...#facility-list
Old 15 November 2017, 11:15
Confirmed User

I have not been in there system long but I use the secure messaging through myhealthva.com. I do like how my apt will show up on the calendar there and they will text and email reminder about appts. I understand there is a lot of problems with the VA, but so far I have had good interaction.
The doctor here in Hopkinsville informed us more of diabetes in one sitting than my civilian doc ever did. with my civilian doctor I felt like I had to block the door as he wanted to run off to the next patient.
Old 15 November 2017, 21:28
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
It's about frigging TIME!

From the email:

This link should show you which facilities are up and running: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-port...#facility-list
Thanks I just refilled my meds.
Old 17 November 2017, 14:37

Great info many can use. Thank you Brother!

Our new posting rules