Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Veterans Issues

Old 16 February 2018, 17:02
Authorized Personnel

I've got 10% for the ringing and 0% for hearing loss in both ears, but they figured my job made it service connected, so the free hearing aids, battery's and service.

Note (3) in Fu King Lawyer's post had me laughing, as I've asked my wife several times if she could hear the ringing in my ears.
Old 17 February 2018, 22:16
Confirmed User

are the hearing aids digital or analog?
Old 18 February 2018, 10:16
Genetically Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
are the hearing aids digital or analog?
They're Bluetooth, so I presume digital.
Old 18 February 2018, 17:21
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
razmedic,

It is, and to my point, "Typical ratings for hearing loss are 0% or 10%, but severe or profound hearing loss can qualify for a higher rating."

If anyone on SOCNET has received a higher rating for service-connected hearing loss/tinnitus, please share. This is a constant problem and I am sure someone has valuable experience in pursuing these claims.
I will be submitting my claim once I retire in however many years. I picked up my hearing aids from the VA this past week. The audiologist told me that I should have a clear case for 20% based on tinnitus and hearing loss in both ears. We shall see what the VA says on that.

I was given Signia hearing aids by Siemens. Retail (private) cost $6k (free for me). Batteries for life. I requested the non-fancy ones that are the smallest they can make. No Bluetooth or the like for me, yet. I just got them to ensure that I met deployment hearing standards.
Old 18 February 2018, 17:39
The atomic zit

Nothing to do with rated hearing loss...

Stretch Sr. recently got a pair of hearing aids. They have made a huge difference for him. Not Bluetooth, his phone is not that smart... :D

He is more engaged because he can hear conversations and NOT YELLING when he speaks.

Good luck!
Old 18 February 2018, 19:17
Confirmed User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I will be submitting my claim once I retire in however many years. I picked up my hearing aids from the VA this past week. The audiologist told me that I should have a clear case for 20% based on tinnitus and hearing loss in both ears. We shall see what the VA says on that.

I was given Signia hearing aids by Siemens. Retail (private) cost $6k (free for me). Batteries for life. I requested the non-fancy ones that are the smallest they can make. No Bluetooth or the like for me, yet. I just got them to ensure that I met deployment hearing standards.

Don't wait until you retire file now,

Our new posting rules