Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Employment and Training > Professional Development and Education

Old 3 May 2017, 21:59

Vetforce - Salesforce Training for Vets (Free)

Recently saw a friend share this link on a social media platform and did not see anything posted here yet. Looks to be some decent training and they issue certificates. I signed up for the "Administrator Journey" which has 8 days and 6 hours of content, which I plan to tackle over the next couple months. I would be interested to see some of the opinions on here.

https://veterans.force.com/NewVetForceHome

From the site:
"Vetforce is the Salesforce job training and career accelerator program for military service members, veterans, and spouses. Through our online community, we connect virtual learners to free training, classes, and career opportunities within the Salesforce ecosystem. The classes offer comprehensive content ranging from Salesforce basics to civilian business skills, all with the intent of connecting learners to opportunities in the Salesforce ecosystem."
Old 4 May 2017, 09:31
Conquer Life.

VetForce is a great resource for folks who want to get certified for free and start pulling in a decent paycheck. They're finally growing the program to a point where it's gaining good momentum and they've really smoothened the onboarding/etc.

I spent some time over at Salesforce HQ while they were turning this vision into a reality and it's been cool to see it unfold, from an outsiders perspective. Up until about a year ago, it was a side project by some employees and veterans at Salesforce. Recently, it has become its own focus program with staff, budget, etc.

The learning journeys were pretty straightforward. They also have a pretty good support network for when folks have questions. Once you complete the training, I understand they will also help you locate a job.

You can really work your way into some good certifications and the VetForce team is closely connected to other outstanding groups like VetsinTech also.

“Now from a distance I look back on what the Corps taught me: To think like men of action, and to act like men of thought! To live life with intensity, and a passion for excellence.” - Jim Mattis
Old 26 May 2017, 19:03
Squelch

I use SalesForce everyday.
I'll take a stab at it.

Our new posting rules