Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 5 December 2017, 19:30
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
If you are feel you ever have too many of anything, let me know, I will take it off your hands.
I work with a guy; I swear he complains when the beer is too cold.
Old 5 December 2017, 20:38
Been There Done That

My wife may think I have to many guns. She wasn't with me when all I had was a 12 ga shotgun. Now I just make sure she sees the Midway commercial every time it comes on.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.
Old 5 December 2017, 21:35
Confirmed User

Do I really need 12 rifles? Heck it takes me like a year to learn particulars of a single rifle with different loads at different ranges.
Guns I'll never sell: .308 CMP Special M1 Garand and my Styer Scout rifle. I love those rifles. Especially the M1.
I get what you guys are saying, maybe there is no such thing as too many guns. Perhaps what irritates me is having so many calibers in my ammo horde. I need to simplify and standardize...
Old 5 December 2017, 21:47
Been There Done That

There is such a thing as having too many guns, not a thing as having too much ammo. Better to have only a few guns and a large stockpile of ammo, than many guns and minimal ammo - if you have a limited budget.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 5 December 2017, 22:06
Authorized Personnel

I've probably got more than I need, but I've also got too many fishing rods and too many wrenches and too many chainsaws. He who dies with the most toys wins.
Old 6 December 2017, 01:10
Confirmed User

The right amount of guns is....one more.
Old 6 December 2017, 03:58
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
If you are feel you ever have too many of anything, let me know, I will take it off your hands.
Additional duties?
Old 6 December 2017, 04:32
Critical mass

Iím shocked that this thread hasnít been closed. Too many guns? PPPFFFTT! Crazy talk I tell ya! C-R-A-Z-Y talk.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams
Old 6 December 2017, 10:18
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
There is such a thing as having too many guns, not a thing as having too much ammo. Better to have only a few guns and a large stockpile of ammo, than many guns and minimal ammo - if you have a limited budget.
My wife has never complained about me buying ammo.
Old 6 December 2017, 13:37
33,024 - R.I.P.

The title of this thread still makes me giggle.
Old 6 December 2017, 16:23
Been There Done That

Save them in a safe and if things really get desperate, trade them for thumb drives full of bitcoins. Is this how that cross thread thing works ?
RIP 4-79 (HG)
class 4-80
Old 6 December 2017, 21:14
Been There Done That

I can manage to buy 2 or 3 boxes of ammo on paydays and my wife does not complain that much. Now when i drop more than a hundred on one box she questions it. About the only way around that is letting her figure the cost per round.
Most of mine are same caliber in the long guns except the ones that were passed down. A lot of the different calibers is where I was trying to find that perfect pistol for my wife to carry. She has a weak wrist and did not want a wheel gun. My daughter and son did not mind since they got a gun out of the deal.
My problem now is keeping my kids out of my range bag and ammo storage.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.

Last edited by pavegnr; 6 December 2017 at 21:18. Reason: damn touch screen
Old 7 December 2017, 14:10
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavegnr View Post
About the only way around that is letting her figure the cost per round.
That's the secret right there. The vendor I use offers free shipping on orders over $100, so there's another ~$20 subtracted from the cost too.
Old 7 December 2017, 19:48
Confirmed User

I’m over the pond and even think that this is crazy talk haha
I’ve got 4 shotguns a 243 rifle a 38/357 under lever a bolt and a semi .22lr and a .22lr pistol.
Got me eye on a 308 and a 223 let’s see what Santa brings

Our new posting rules