SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 13 August 2020, 17:11
Confirmed User

I refuse to believe that idiot (Chauvin) didn't murder the other idiot.

We can debate all day long, but as a police officer he knew damn good and well that the situation was under control.

With that being said, doesn't excuse even a tiny bit what's been done to the country in the aftermath.

Chauvin was just an asshole, its simple.
Old 13 August 2020, 19:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicDamien View Post

We can debate all day long, but as a police officer he knew damn good and well that the situation was under control.

With that being said, doesn't excuse even a tiny bit what's been done to the country in the aftermath.

Chauvin was just an asshole, its simple.
Do you have any new evidence to share that would show itís murder?
Old 13 August 2020, 19:49
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Do you have any new evidence to share that would show itís murder?
I didn't mean that in the legal definition.

You're absolutely right though. Being an asshole doesn't equate to murder, but infuriating nonetheless, especially considering all it's caused.
Old 13 August 2020, 21:27
Been There Done That

Quote:
I didn't mean that in the legal definition.

You're absolutely right though. Being an asshole doesn't equate to murder, but infuriating nonetheless, especially considering all it's caused.
Then what definition do you mean? Disregard laws and facts, so you can satisfy your emotions?
Old 13 August 2020, 23:46
Been There Done That

Quote:

Well then, there's no point in discussing things with you. We'll put you down for one guilty verdict ahead of due process.
Old 14 August 2020, 01:40
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Simpson View Post
Well then, there's no point in discussing things with you. We'll put you down for one guilty verdict ahead of due process.
Absolutely not, John.

I think the guy's a dick, not a murderer.

No way in light of newly released body cams would I say he murdered the guy intentionally, but I do believe he is/was an idiot.

Literally just my opinion on his actions, not the legality. I'm not sure, having seen the whole video (newly released body cams), he did anything "illegal" at all.

I guess my point is, "shit man, don't make it easy for them"
Old 14 August 2020, 08:00
Confirmed User

That area was ready and looking for something to riot over. There are black men killed by white officers fairly often and you never hear about them. I don't believe that any of these protests were just coincidental, but that's just my way of thinking...I'm probably wrong!
Old 14 August 2020, 08:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
That area was ready and looking for something to riot over. There are black men killed by white officers fairly often and you never hear about them. I don't believe that any of these protests were just coincidental, but that's just my way of thinking...I'm probably wrong!
Mars,
It was not coincidental - it was orchestrated by an extreme left wing politician(s) with bigger ambitions.
https://legalnewsline.com/stories/53...y-general-says

States release videos all the time while cases are still under investigation if it serves a public purpose. I argue, that releasing the body cam videos would have done a lot to quell the public's thirst for blood and removed a lot of the tacit support for ANTIFA and BLM.
There is an organized effort to collapse our form of government.
v/r
fkl
P.S. Google the A.G.'s name and domestic violence. Other than in that political environment - he would not be elected. Probably should have had his license to practice law scrutinized. Just sayin'
Old 14 August 2020, 08:17
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu King Lawyer View Post
Mars,
It was not coincidental - it was orchestrated by an extreme left wing politician(s) with bigger ambitions.

States release videos all the time while cases are still under investigation if it serves a public purpose. I argue, that releasing the body cam videos would have done a lot to quell the public's thirst for blood and removed a lot of the tacit support for ANTIFA and BLM.
v/r
fkl
Yep...we are in total agreement, Brother....
Old 14 August 2020, 09:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Mars,

v/r
fkl
P.S. Google the A.G.'s name and domestic violence. Other than in that political environment - he would not be elected. Probably should have had his license to practice law scrutinized. Just sayin'
Yes absolutely, this whole post.
Old 14 August 2020, 09:42
Been There Done That

Quote:
Absolutely not, John.

I think the guy's a dick, not a murderer.

I would have to ask if you learned anything from the Covington Kids bullshit? Everyone and I mean everyone was convinced from what they watched (and heard) that those kids were racist assholes "smirking" and harassing a poor put upon Vietnam Veteran American Indian.

In response to all the news media, politicians, celebrities, tweets, doxxing and whatnot he's now a millionaire because of the successful lawsuits.

I'm willing to wait and see because I don't know what I don't know (nor does anyone).
Old 14 August 2020, 09:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
I would have to ask if you learned anything from the Covington Kids bullshit? Everyone and I mean everyone was convinced from what they watched (and heard) that those kids were racist assholes "smirking" and harassing a poor put upon Vietnam Veteran American Indian.

In response to all the news media, politicians, celebrities, tweets, doxxing and whatnot he's now a millionaire because of the successful lawsuits.

I'm willing to wait and see because I don't know what I don't know (nor does anyone).
You're absolutely right, I rushed to judgment about murder (legal definition), I goofed.
Old 14 August 2020, 12:06
Sub Rosa

Quote:

I've held this position for decades and consistently stated the same since joining SOCNET in 2002. I've worked so many high-profile cases where the news reports vary so much from the facts of a case that the papers should be required to begin each article with "Once upon a time..." Also, it's my reason for rarely ever engaging in discussions on SOCNET with regards to new media events as I concede I don't have the facts.
Old 14 August 2020, 14:57
Make a desert and call it peace.

The media always lies, it's their very reason for existence. The only thing you can count on is that what they are telling you, is not the actual truth. S/F...Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith

ďThe consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.Ē
- Robert E. Lee
Old 14 August 2020, 15:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
The media always lies, it's their very reason for existence. The only thing you can count on is that what they are telling you, is not the actual truth. S/F...Ken M

It's not just media, it's the Great Unwashed on Twitter and ******** passing unsubstantiated bullshit back and forth, getting spun up and then passing it on to repeat the cycle.

This is why the Founding Fathers were so afraid of vox populi.
Old 15 August 2020, 21:34
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I don't think officer Chauvin was trained to do that either. You are carrying the false narrative the MSM set out for all of us (same as Ferguson with "hands up, don't shoot", Wash DC with Freddie Gray, and especially with George Zimmerman/Martin in Florida). I was in the opposition to these officers when I saw the cell phone video (that the politicians wanted me to see - they hid these videos from the public and let their city burn).

As things have progressed with Chauvin, beyond the cell phone video Chauvin is clearly seen in photos of the incident wearing gloves and does not have his hands in his pockets. The same man has been inserting himself with comments for the entire incident and I am sure Chauvin just wanted to get Floyd out of the picture and was sick and tired of listening to the man. Watch and listen to the latest video. Floyd, a big man has been fighting them thru the police car. They have him finally prone and have called EMS. They noted (earlier) he is foaming from the mouth. They have sent one of the officers to get leg restraints from a different car to hobble a largge-strong-violent resister.

While on the ground they even checked Floyd's pulse. Chauvin doesn't appear to be pressing - both officers are "loosely" keeping him in place waiting for his next outburst.

Again, they didn't even realize he was dying and their post-transport comments support that when dealing with the woman from the back seat of Floyd's car as well as with the two clerks in the store.

These officers might be better off going with a judge alone trial. There was nothing intentional in their actions, and given they called EMS while the fight was still going on, they are probably not negligent either. Don't forget the autopsy said no chocking, lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system and as was mentioned earlier Excited Delirium was clearly involved. Looking at the video from this angle, it doesn't appear the knee was used to press on the neck. Look at how the officer holding his legs is doing so, prepared but not pressing.

ETA: The stories of Chauvin and Floyd at the nightclub reported by the MSM were false - the woman said the incidents didn't happen. The MSM never corrects or retracts stories when the narrative supports their ideology.

BTW: Did you ever clear up the issues raised up in the intro thread when you got your new user name?
Crickets... Must have lost another phone with his log in info.

Excellent Post BTW.
Old 15 August 2020, 21:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
Crickets... Must have lost another phone with his log in info.

Excellent Post BTW.
Love you, Brother.
Old 25 August 2020, 21:25
Confirmed User

Minneapolis LEO Chokes Man To Death

Okay, I have no experience with the military. What does the Armed Forces Medical Examiner have to do with this?

https://www.fox9.com/news/court-filings-medical-examiner-thought-george-floyd-had-fatal-level-of-fentanyl-in-system
Old 25 August 2020, 21:48
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
Okay, I have no experience with the military. What does the Armed Forces Medical Examiner have to do with this?
Armed Forces Medical Examiner System

Quote:
The Armed Forces Medical Examiner System (AFMES) is committed to being the Department of Defenseís (DoD's) leader in providing medical-legal services and emerging technologies essential for the readiness, sustainability and survivability of our service members. AFMES provides the DoD and other federal agencies comprehensive forensic investigative services, to include forensic pathology, DNA Forensics, forensic toxicology, and medical mortality surveillance. AFMES is not only the single worldwide medical examiner system, but it also supports the entire U.S. federal government.
Old 25 August 2020, 22:08
Confirmed User

Minneapolis LEO Chokes Man To Death

I had no idea. Thank you!

Our new posting rules