SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Areas of Expertise > Technology and Communications

Old 21 January 2019, 08:27
Confirmed User

Web 3.0

Was just reading this somewhat old article and was wondering what thoughts you guys have on this. To me it just kind of sounds like a pipe dream and we're fucked as people with the most money will always have a way to control the internet.

It kind of seems Web 3.0 would just turn into what I believe is like bitcoin where big money has taken over the mining of it that it seems almost pointless for some normal person to mine bitcoin.

I know enough about computer stuff to know I know jack shit, so figured I'd ask people who have more of a clue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/juttast.../#203b13876614

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan
Old 21 January 2019, 08:34
Authorized Personnel

Decentralized networking is marketed by governments and big firms as the dark web. The campaign started long ago to prevent it by demonizing it. Technologies such as P2P and Onion Routing.
Old 21 January 2019, 12:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV View Post
Decentralized networking is marketed by governments and big firms as the dark web. The campaign started long ago to prevent it by demonizing it. Technologies such as P2P and Onion Routing.
Well that's not surprising, I definitely didn't know that. I've heard of the dark web and definitely thought it was just like the gov and corps said, but didn't know it was demonized because the gov wouldn't be able to control it.

Is it really able to avoid being controlled? With an article in Forbes, are we starting to reach a tipping point that people are sick of being monitored?

Winston Churchill

Put a small child in a playpen with an apple and a bunny. If s/he eats the apple and plays with the bunny, s/he's normal;but if s/he eats the bunny and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. Somewhere along the line we must have been TAUGHT to do the wrong thing.

Maynard James Keenan

Our new posting rules