SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Fitness

Old 4 June 2014, 10:40
Drawing my cutlass

Penitentiary workout

Found out about this routine while watching a YT video by one C.T. Fletcher (he made a brief mention of it during a powerlifting demonstration). The couple of articles that I read on the workout (you can do a Google search on the term) were positive and provided sample 20 - 60 minute sessions. Basically, the workout uses all the core exercises (burpees, jumping jacks, squats, mountain climbers, pull ups) with very high number of repetitions and 15 seconds between sets. One of the metrics cited was when LA County removed weight equipment from their prisons, the inmates switched to these workouts and cell extractions (5:1) went from 60 seconds to 6 minutes. Other articles cited that the inmates strength increased exponentially due to no distractions and access to decent food through a prison's commissary.

IMO this is probably a good program for strength building but I'm sure there are members here who have other opinions (not the least of which is why are we giving prisoners the time to bulk up like they're training for gladiatorial combat).

Your thoughts on the training or the philosophy.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy

Last edited by Justaclerk; 4 June 2014 at 10:51. Reason: Word choice: cited vice sited
Old 4 June 2014, 20:15
0311/8651

I was looking at my Fitdeck workouts on my IPhone- creator Phil Black,Bud/s 203.a lot of the same exercises- I have Bodyweight,Stairs,KB,DB,and Navy SEAL workouts.
Old 20 June 2014, 18:05
Fitness Mod

I find myself shifting to this type of workout more and more (Pen WO). The convenience of it appeals to me. The ability to remain consistent despite a busy schedule is also there.

Our new posting rules