Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 15 July 2018, 21:40
Armitage12 Armitage12 is offline
Confronting the Reckoning
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Old North West
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Obviously because he's a secret agent so secret that none of us have the clearance necessary to know his true identity.
No, I didn't mean it like that. This guy has been in the news for a year and we don't have any standard bio of him from the press?
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Yesterday, 02:23
ET1/ss nuke's Avatar
ET1/ss nuke ET1/ss nuke is offline
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: sc
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
No, I didn't mean it like that. This guy has been in the news for a year and we don't have any standard bio of him from the press?
Sorry, my sarcasm was not intended as criticism, merely as a predictor of what his supporters would say.
__________________
"I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Twain

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Yesterday, 08:36
Group9's Avatar
Group9 Group9 is offline
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 446
I have seen or heard nothing in the press, or from other agents, about anything in this little twerp’s background to justify him rising so fast, much less being put in charge of two of the most important Bureau investigations ever, and one after the other.

Therefore, I am guessing that his sudden and inexplicable rise in power and position is probably strictly due to other reasons; like his obvious political connections during the eight years of the Obama administration leadership. That shit like this can float to the top is pretty depressing.
NAC 88-9
__________________
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Yesterday, 09:02
Sharky's Avatar
Sharky Sharky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: SOCNET
Posts: 19,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Therefore, I am guessing that his sudden and inexplicable rise in power and position is probably strictly due to other reasons; like his obvious political connections during the eight years of the Obama administration leadership.

I think it was a combination of that, as well as the dirt he has uncovered, via his CI position, on powerful people in DC that he has stored away in his head and probably on a thumb drive somewhere safe. Leverage. There is also the fact that his political leanings were obviously well known to those above him, so there was little doubt about how he would work any case involving Trump. They keep pushing the narrative that there were all these people above him supervising, but you're only talking about 4 people above him in his Chain of Command, and it seems all of them were quite happy to sit back and watch him do exactly what they wanted him to do.

And then there is Lisa Page. She seems a bit young to have been put into such a role. Other than sleeping with Strzok, I can't figure out how someone could justify having her in that position.
__________________
I was born my papa's son
When I hit the ground I was on the run
I had one glad hand and the other behind
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Yesterday, 09:17
Box's Avatar
Box Box is offline
BTDT
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,188
...just a tin foil hat thought, but perhaps Page was given her position in such close proximity to him so that they would have an ace-in-the-hole to balance any dirt he had on others

admittedly - our nations leadership has too much integrity to dabble in cloak and dagger style antics
__________________
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old Yesterday, 09:46
Gray Rhyno's Avatar
Gray Rhyno Gray Rhyno is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 9,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
I have seen or heard nothing in the press, or from other agents, about anything in this little twerp’s background to justify him rising so fast, much less being put in charge of two of the most important Bureau investigations ever, and one after the other.
I believe there are generally three types of agents.

First are the ones that want to solve cases, arrest bad guys, get their hands dirty, blow shit up, etc. Sometimes they get a little too over eager, and sometimes they step on local/state/interagency toes, but in general they just want to get the job done, have fun, and drink beer after work. Many of these agents top out at GS-13 (the highest non-supervisory rank) or GS-14 (front-line supervisor). Very rarely do you see these agents in GS-15 or higher positions.

Second are those that intend to use the Bureau as a spring board to bigger and better things in the outside world such as law or politics, and they want that resume bullet to flesh things out. They do their 4-5 years, rarely make waves, and move on when the first good opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, there are those thankfully few agents that want to BE SOMEBODY and will crawl through a mile of broken glass, suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and be the bitch to the SAC/DAD/etc; whatever it takes to move forward. They NEVER make waves, always agree with leadership or the group think, and move pretty fast up the food chain, bouncing from FO to HQs to FO every 18-24 months seeking that next promotion.

FWIW, the first group hates the last group more than anyone here could know, for all the reasons we can imagine.
__________________
"The most HSLD stuff ever taught was the basics. So-called 'advanced training' is often no more than the very fluid and expert application of those basic skills." - SOTB
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Yesterday, 09:56
Sharky's Avatar
Sharky Sharky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: SOCNET
Posts: 19,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I believe there are generally three types of agents.

First are the ones that want to solve cases, arrest bad guys, get their hands dirty, blow shit up, etc. Sometimes they get a little too over eager, and sometimes they step on local/state/interagency toes, but in general they just want to get the job done, have fun, and drink beer after work. Many of these agents top out at GS-13 (the highest non-supervisory rank) or GS-14 (front-line supervisor). Very rarely do you see these agents in GS-15 or higher positions.

Second are those that intend to use the Bureau as a spring board to bigger and better things in the outside world such as law or politics, and they want that resume bullet to flesh things out. They do their 4-5 years, rarely make waves, and move on when the first good opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, there are those thankfully few agents that want to BE SOMEBODY and will crawl through a mile of broken glass, suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and be the bitch to the SAC/DAD/etc; whatever it takes to move forward. They NEVER make waves, always agree with leadership or the group think, and move pretty fast up the food chain, bouncing from FO to HQs to FO every 18-24 months seeking that next promotion.

FWIW, the first group hates the last group more than anyone here could know, for all the reasons we can imagine.
None of that is limited to the FBI.
__________________
I was born my papa's son
When I hit the ground I was on the run
I had one glad hand and the other behind
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Yesterday, 13:48
57Medic 57Medic is offline
Darwin Award Presenter
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 826
I watched the hearings from a different perspective. One of decades of interacting with people who were intoxicated/mentally ill/suffering side effects of psychiatric medications, etc.

Here is my $.02

1) Strozk appears to be medicated, on what I don't know, but that man's facial expressions, squirming and shoulder movements tell me there is something not right. Motor tics and repetitive movements can be indicative of common side effects typical antipsychotic mediations.

2) Strozk's responses and facial expressions were out of sync, almost akin to someone who has PBA (pseudo-bulbar affect) which can be seen in TBI, Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's disease, in which the reactions do not correspond with questions, i.e. smiling when inappropriate, crying when inappropriate.

3)Strozk's continual shifting, and especially the shoulder movements and facial habitus are telltale of being medicated (side effects of psychiatric medications include restlessness, uncontrollable movements, tremor).

So, my conclusion is he either has a psychiatric disorder, is suffering from side effects of psychiatric medications (tongue movements, grimacing, odd facial expressions) OR he is possessed.

And one other crystal clear conclusion I reached, that he is a giant, self inflated, arrogant dick..... so there's that.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Yesterday, 16:48
Medic4070's Avatar
Medic4070 Medic4070 is offline
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NoVA
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
I believe there are generally three types of agents.

First are the ones that want to solve cases, arrest bad guys, get their hands dirty, blow shit up, etc. Sometimes they get a little too over eager, and sometimes they step on local/state/interagency toes, but in general they just want to get the job done, have fun, and drink beer after work. Many of these agents top out at GS-13 (the highest non-supervisory rank) or GS-14 (front-line supervisor). Very rarely do you see these agents in GS-15 or higher positions.

Second are those that intend to use the Bureau as a spring board to bigger and better things in the outside world such as law or politics, and they want that resume bullet to flesh things out. They do their 4-5 years, rarely make waves, and move on when the first good opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, there are those thankfully few agents that want to BE SOMEBODY and will crawl through a mile of broken glass, suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and be the bitch to the SAC/DAD/etc; whatever it takes to move forward. They NEVER make waves, always agree with leadership or the group think, and move pretty fast up the food chain, bouncing from FO to HQs to FO every 18-24 months seeking that next promotion.

FWIW, the first group hates the last group more than anyone here could know, for all the reasons we can imagine.
Exactly. Dead on accurate.

And unfortunately, the quickest way for the third group to rise up the food chain is to get into the HQ-Washington Field-NY circle, where they bounce from HQ job, to either the DC or NY field office for "field office time", then cycle back to HQ after 18 months or so, then back to the field at a higher position, etc. It builds group-think and a set of people in senior management who all know each other and have the same exact experiences. Which is how you get these little isolated groups that do stupid shit like this without the rest of the Bureau being in on it. I strongly suspect you'll see a greater effort to reach outside the northeast corridor to staff some of these HQ jobs in the future, just to disrupt the existing cycle.
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmond Burke

Last edited by Medic4070; Yesterday at 16:53. Reason: Added info
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Yesterday, 17:20
DSSRonin's Avatar
DSSRonin DSSRonin is online now
Authorized Personnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
None of that is limited to the FBI.
Think I know where I fit in. 7 years as a GS-14 and in the twilight of a mediocre career. Doubt I'll see 15. Was told by my betters that I made some bad "choice of assignments" early on.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Today, 00:26
ET1/ss nuke's Avatar
ET1/ss nuke ET1/ss nuke is offline
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: sc
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Medic View Post
1) Strozk appears to be medicated, on what I don't know, but that man's facial expressions, squirming and shoulder movements tell me there is something not right. Motor tics and repetitive movements can be indicative of common side effects typical antipsychotic mediations.
There are certain chemicals which have proven useful in the past for interrogations. The same chemicals were used by the MVD and Stasi on convicts when preparing them to make videotaped confessions regarding things they had never done. Chemically induced reprogramming glitches can look like like a cross between Tourette's and split personality disorder.
__________________
"I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Twain

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Our new posting rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved
SOCNET