Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 July 2018, 21:40
Confronting the Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
Obviously because he's a secret agent so secret that none of us have the clearance necessary to know his true identity.
No, I didn't mean it like that. This guy has been in the news for a year and we don't have any standard bio of him from the press?
Old Yesterday, 02:23
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
No, I didn't mean it like that. This guy has been in the news for a year and we don't have any standard bio of him from the press?
Sorry, my sarcasm was not intended as criticism, merely as a predictor of what his supporters would say.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old Yesterday, 08:36
Confirmed User

I have seen or heard nothing in the press, or from other agents, about anything in this little twerp’s background to justify him rising so fast, much less being put in charge of two of the most important Bureau investigations ever, and one after the other.

Therefore, I am guessing that his sudden and inexplicable rise in power and position is probably strictly due to other reasons; like his obvious political connections during the eight years of the Obama administration leadership. That shit like this can float to the top is pretty depressing.
NAC 88-9
Old Yesterday, 09:02
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Therefore, I am guessing that his sudden and inexplicable rise in power and position is probably strictly due to other reasons; like his obvious political connections during the eight years of the Obama administration leadership.

I think it was a combination of that, as well as the dirt he has uncovered, via his CI position, on powerful people in DC that he has stored away in his head and probably on a thumb drive somewhere safe. Leverage. There is also the fact that his political leanings were obviously well known to those above him, so there was little doubt about how he would work any case involving Trump. They keep pushing the narrative that there were all these people above him supervising, but you're only talking about 4 people above him in his Chain of Command, and it seems all of them were quite happy to sit back and watch him do exactly what they wanted him to do.

And then there is Lisa Page. She seems a bit young to have been put into such a role. Other than sleeping with Strzok, I can't figure out how someone could justify having her in that position.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old Yesterday, 09:17
BTDT

...just a tin foil hat thought, but perhaps Page was given her position in such close proximity to him so that they would have an ace-in-the-hole to balance any dirt he had on others

admittedly - our nations leadership has too much integrity to dabble in cloak and dagger style antics
The left is a treasonous movement. The Democrats became a treasonous organization when they fell under the sway of a movement that rejects our system of government, its laws, and its elections. Now their treason is coming to a head.
- Daniel Greenfield
Old Yesterday, 09:46
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
I have seen or heard nothing in the press, or from other agents, about anything in this little twerp’s background to justify him rising so fast, much less being put in charge of two of the most important Bureau investigations ever, and one after the other.
I believe there are generally three types of agents.

First are the ones that want to solve cases, arrest bad guys, get their hands dirty, blow shit up, etc. Sometimes they get a little too over eager, and sometimes they step on local/state/interagency toes, but in general they just want to get the job done, have fun, and drink beer after work. Many of these agents top out at GS-13 (the highest non-supervisory rank) or GS-14 (front-line supervisor). Very rarely do you see these agents in GS-15 or higher positions.

Second are those that intend to use the Bureau as a spring board to bigger and better things in the outside world such as law or politics, and they want that resume bullet to flesh things out. They do their 4-5 years, rarely make waves, and move on when the first good opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, there are those thankfully few agents that want to BE SOMEBODY and will crawl through a mile of broken glass, suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and be the bitch to the SAC/DAD/etc; whatever it takes to move forward. They NEVER make waves, always agree with leadership or the group think, and move pretty fast up the food chain, bouncing from FO to HQs to FO every 18-24 months seeking that next promotion.

FWIW, the first group hates the last group more than anyone here could know, for all the reasons we can imagine.
Old Yesterday, 09:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post

First are the ones that want to solve cases, arrest bad guys, get their hands dirty, blow shit up, etc. Sometimes they get a little too over eager, and sometimes they step on local/state/interagency toes, but in general they just want to get the job done, have fun, and drink beer after work. Many of these agents top out at GS-13 (the highest non-supervisory rank) or GS-14 (front-line supervisor). Very rarely do you see these agents in GS-15 or higher positions.

Second are those that intend to use the Bureau as a spring board to bigger and better things in the outside world such as law or politics, and they want that resume bullet to flesh things out. They do their 4-5 years, rarely make waves, and move on when the first good opportunity presents itself.

Lastly, there are those thankfully few agents that want to BE SOMEBODY and will crawl through a mile of broken glass, suck a golf ball through a garden hose, and be the bitch to the SAC/DAD/etc; whatever it takes to move forward. They NEVER make waves, always agree with leadership or the group think, and move pretty fast up the food chain, bouncing from FO to HQs to FO every 18-24 months seeking that next promotion.

FWIW, the first group hates the last group more than anyone here could know, for all the reasons we can imagine.
None of that is limited to the FBI.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old Yesterday, 13:48
Darwin Award Presenter

I watched the hearings from a different perspective. One of decades of interacting with people who were intoxicated/mentally ill/suffering side effects of psychiatric medications, etc.

Here is my $.02

1) Strozk appears to be medicated, on what I don't know, but that man's facial expressions, squirming and shoulder movements tell me there is something not right. Motor tics and repetitive movements can be indicative of common side effects typical antipsychotic mediations.

2) Strozk's responses and facial expressions were out of sync, almost akin to someone who has PBA (pseudo-bulbar affect) which can be seen in TBI, Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's disease, in which the reactions do not correspond with questions, i.e. smiling when inappropriate, crying when inappropriate.

3)Strozk's continual shifting, and especially the shoulder movements and facial habitus are telltale of being medicated (side effects of psychiatric medications include restlessness, uncontrollable movements, tremor).

So, my conclusion is he either has a psychiatric disorder, is suffering from side effects of psychiatric medications (tongue movements, grimacing, odd facial expressions) OR he is possessed.

And one other crystal clear conclusion I reached, that he is a giant, self inflated, arrogant dick..... so there's that.
Old Yesterday, 16:48
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post

Exactly. Dead on accurate.

And unfortunately, the quickest way for the third group to rise up the food chain is to get into the HQ-Washington Field-NY circle, where they bounce from HQ job, to either the DC or NY field office for "field office time", then cycle back to HQ after 18 months or so, then back to the field at a higher position, etc. It builds group-think and a set of people in senior management who all know each other and have the same exact experiences. Which is how you get these little isolated groups that do stupid shit like this without the rest of the Bureau being in on it. I strongly suspect you'll see a greater effort to reach outside the northeast corridor to staff some of these HQ jobs in the future, just to disrupt the existing cycle.

Last edited by Medic4070; Yesterday at 16:53. Reason: Added info
Old Yesterday, 17:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
None of that is limited to the FBI.
Think I know where I fit in. 7 years as a GS-14 and in the twilight of a mediocre career. Doubt I'll see 15. Was told by my betters that I made some bad "choice of assignments" early on.
Old Today, 00:26
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Medic View Post
1) Strozk appears to be medicated, on what I don't know, but that man's facial expressions, squirming and shoulder movements tell me there is something not right. Motor tics and repetitive movements can be indicative of common side effects typical antipsychotic mediations.
There are certain chemicals which have proven useful in the past for interrogations. The same chemicals were used by the MVD and Stasi on convicts when preparing them to make videotaped confessions regarding things they had never done. Chemically induced reprogramming glitches can look like like a cross between Tourette's and split personality disorder.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules