Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Psyop/Civil Affairs

Closed Thread

Old 24 February 2014, 04:06

95th CA BDE selection?

First off: I do not intend on pulling any secrets from the training of the Civil Affairs branch. I understand that a soldier that is going to be selected should be selected based on the meritt of his/her actual physical stature, intellect, motivation and bearing under duress.

I was selected for further Civil Affairs training recently and would like to know if there is a legitimate selection after the selection to get into the 95th.
I have done a good amount of (what I now know as) "google fu" and can't find anything about it. My first notice about the subject came from this site (best forum for military that I have found BTW). Someone layed out a description of the pipeline. Normally that pipeline ends with "CAQC then team upon completion". This post ended with "95th selection if you don't want to go 85th" or more or less "95th selection if you want to try out for 95th placement".

I haven't seen anything else about this subject anywhere. If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it.
I'm just a dumb mechanic asking because I am curious as to what I will have to do to get where I want to go. Not looking for any hand outs, if that makes any sense.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules