SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Book Reviews > SOCNET Authors

Old 27 February 2012, 18:24
On the Extract Bird

Para,
It is available on kindle currently? Pardon my online illiteracy.
Old 27 February 2012, 20:24
What you mean badges? I no got to show you no stinkin badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Unit View Post
Para,
It is available on kindle currently? Pardon my online illiteracy.
Yes, it's available on Kindle. Came on line yesterday.
Old 27 February 2012, 20:33
Authorized Personnel

Got it today on my pc Kindle app! I hope get to it next weekend.
Old 27 February 2012, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet View Post
Got it today on my pc Kindle app! I hope get to it next weekend.
Thanks, Piglet. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 4 March 2012, 16:48
On the Extract Bird

Got it just a second ago on Kindle...
starting toight.

Thanks
B2
Old 4 March 2012, 22:00
In God We Trust...all others are suspect

Going to get it as soon as I get off the Mid Shift tomorrow. Congratulations. Really looking forward to it.
Old 4 March 2012, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
Going to get it as soon as I get off the Mid Shift tomorrow. Congratulations. Really looking forward to it.
Thanks, Corsair. I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 5 March 2012, 10:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parajuevos View Post

Note: On the cover of the book at the lower left of my police star is a U shaped item.
Thats a fence staple! Those little bastards hurt bad enough when you stick your hands into you nail apron to get one. Couldnt imagine the damage that they could do being used as shrapnel.

Ordering book tonight.
Old 5 March 2012, 10:51
Been There Done That

Once you guys order the book, write up some reviews on Amazon etc.
Old 5 March 2012, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold1 View Post
Thats a fence staple! Those little bastards hurt bad enough when you stick your hands into you nail apron to get one. Couldnt imagine the damage that they could do being used as shrapnel.

Ordering book tonight.
In the attack on Park Station,(Feb.16,1970) my sergeant, Brian McDonnel, took several of these. One was driven through his eye and into his brain and some of the others ripped into his jugular vein. Officer Bob Fogarty, who was standing next to him was a big man. Probably between 250 and 300 lbs. He took nineteen of these in his body and lost an eye. He retired on disability and worked as an electrician. He died in the past few years at the age of eighty two.

One of my friends,who was sitting at a desk, had just leaned his chair back against the east wall when the bomb blew out the south window. Had he not done this, he would have had his head blown off. When the guys rushed down from the upstairs locker room, they found him staggering around, talking incohently, in a daze, with his gun out. He was still out of it. A sergeant in the adjoining office was knocked unconcious and a couple of patrolmen suffered injuries.

Had the bomb not gone off early, the rest of the early midnight watch would have been downstairs, instead of in the upstairs locker room, where they were preparing to go on duty. The office would have been loaded with cops getting their hotsheets and notebooks updated and checking teletypes before the lineup(briefing)

I was the first car on the scene from the street and the first thing I saw was a buddy of mine, who had been tossed over the roof of his radio car, getting up off the ground. His partner was still on the ground, propped up on one elbow, dazed. The only thing that saved them from taking the brunt of the outward blast was that the sergeants car was between them and the window where the bomb went off. The cop who was getting up, just recently had another shoulder operation. His shoulder problems are a result of the bombing and although he could have probably retired on disability he didn't. He stayed in, made sergeant, and did his thirty years.

This is part of what inspired my book. The other incidents were also inspired by real events.

Before I forget. Thanks for buying the book. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 5 March 2012, 15:28
On the Extract Bird

I hope this comment comes out right after reading the serious post above this one, Para. I have followed this tragic mess for many years as it came in and out of the press and the last several here on socnet.

I had to get up at 0230 this morning and was having some espresso before hitting the road. I had downloaded but not started the book yet and I read chapter one, I found it extremely satisfying so much so I was laughing out loud. Pretty sure a copy will find it's way to Chicagoland...

Congrats on getting the book out. Have some good time for reading this evening.

RIP to those folks of which you spoke

Last edited by CarbineM1; 5 March 2012 at 15:48.
Old 5 March 2012, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Unit View Post
I hope this comment comes out right after reading the serious post above this one, Para. I have followed this tragic mess for many years as it came in and out of the press and the last several here on socnet.

I had to get up at 0230 this morning and was having some espresso before hitting the road. I had downloaded but not started the book yet and I read chapter one, I found it extremely satisfying so much so I was laughing out loud. Pretty sure a copy will find it's way to Chicagoland...

Congrats on getting the book out. Have some good time for reading this evening.

RIP to those folks of which you spoke
Thanks.

FYI, I had and interview on a radio program on a Fox FM station out of Reno. It is "Tipping Point," with Boone Cutler. I discuss my book and the events that were the inspiration for the fictitional story. My part of the program begins at minute 30:51. It and the commentary about it, proceeds until the end of the program. The program can be found on YouTube.

Last edited by Parajuevos; 5 March 2012 at 16:20.
Old 10 March 2012, 16:51
Confirmed User

I just finished this book. It was great. I love the way it combined several real people in a way that was fiction but yet you know it was not. That along with the name changes, the story line made it a good read. The Walter Mitty in me did surface from time to time. God Bless Ryan O'Hara wherever you are.
Old 10 March 2012, 20:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEvVcdsvWc

I was given the opportunity to be interviewed on Boone Cutler's show "Tipping Point" a few days ago. The topic of my interview was my book, "The Rampage of Ryan O'Hara," and the domestic terrorism that I experienced as a young cop that inspired it.My part of the program, which, incidentally, airs daily out of the Reno, Nevada area, starts at minute 30:51.
Old 10 March 2012, 22:18
Authorized Personnel

I liked it! I normally wouldn't like the good guy taking vengeance. Parajuevos you could really feel his pain and anger in his thoughts. Powerful character. Wish it was longer and I hope you follow up on it with another.
Old 10 March 2012, 22:35

Cubbies and Piglet, thanks for the encouraging feedback. I'm glad that you liked it.
Old 11 March 2012, 22:32
Confirmed User

I just bought this book today through Amazon. Looking forward to reading it.
Old 19 May 2012, 03:16
Psalm 91:2

I'd not normally buy a book about the good guys taking revenge but being a SOCNET author I decided to support you.

Some people get away with things they shouldn't and those some people need to be disappeared. What chaps my ass is those people now have access to the highest office in the land and power.

"Burn in hell you murdering slimeballs."

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 22 May 2012, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
I'd not normally buy a book about the good guys taking revenge but being a SOCNET author I decided to support you.

Some people get away with things they shouldn't and those some people need to be disappeared. What chaps my ass is those people now have access to the highest office in the land and power.

"Burn in hell you murdering slimeballs."
Thanks Linda. I appreciate your support and hope you like the book.
Old 22 May 2012, 12:16

Larry Grathwohl and I were interviewed last night. He spoke about his undercover experience in the Weather Underground and I gave my views from a police perspective. The Weather Underground, it's members and what they did served as the idea behind my book.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cfp-radio/2012/05/21 the hagmann-hagmann-report

The only shaky part of the show was when a woman called and started to interject religion into the discussion. It didn't last long, however, and the conversation soon got back on track.

Last edited by Parajuevos; 22 May 2012 at 12:31.

Our new posting rules