Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 14 May 2018, 07:40
Been There Done That

Exclamation Indonesian church bombings!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...a-video-report

Madness!! Prayers out for the safety of Christians in Indonesia. Long time ago had been to several churches there in Surabaya. Worried about some friends I have over there.

Such hate amongst some towards Christians. Hate wanting to kill and/ or silence shut down. Instead of just ignoring and brushing off, like I do say with some brands of Christianity, Scientology, some new age beliefs, etc. If another religion is not physically threatening me with harm, even though I may disagree with their beliefs or think they are crazy, what harm is there? Let them Worship and believe as they seems fit. Sometimes I have doubts about some of my beliefs to be honest, but one thing that solidifies my belief system is the hatred towards Christianity like no other religion. Solidifies the point that there is an evil wanting to shut down the truth, a spiritual battle being waged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by leopardprey; 14 May 2018 at 08:00.
Old 14 May 2018, 19:26
Mod

They've been hitting the police/Brimob pretty hard over the last week too. Prison riot at Mako Brimob in Depok (where a prominent radical cleric is incarcerated) with several KIA & then again yesterday at Surabaya HQ.

Locally, 2 guys were picked up in Mimika, Papua last week with bomb making materials & intent to target TNI & one of the tribes/suku's here, although the reason to target a specific Papuan group was unknown.

Pucker factor for guards at CP's has gone way up.
Old 15 May 2018, 00:54
English South African

I don't believe it's an attack on Christianity as such. It's an attack on a soft target that will draw maximum attention and cause maximum polarisation.
The really sad part is that some time in the future the perpetrators of such attacks will probably have Bono and Bob Geldof arranging LiveAid pop concerts in their honour and they become "respected" leaders.
It worked for Nelson Mandela, a bomber rewarded with a Nobel peace prize. His wife Winnie, originator of the "necklace" burning tire/petrol combo, who recently got a state funeral. Or the current mayor of Cape Town who was commander in chief responsible for the St James Church Massacre. So don't be surprised to see these current terrorists swanning around in high places in a few years time when the wheel has turned a bit
Old 15 May 2018, 02:47
Proud wearer of a Beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soutpiel View Post
I don't believe it's an attack on Christianity as such. It's an attack on a soft target that will draw maximum attention and cause maximum polarisation.
And it's working. Have a few media clients, and they're all scrambling to "assess" (create rumors) about how this will impact international relations and tourism.
Old 15 May 2018, 09:11
Been There Done That

This WAS an attack on Christianity. Sigh...

If they were just looking for a soft target , there are many many other opportunities/venues. There was a reason Churches were specifically chosen compared to a nightclub, restaurant, sporting event, shopping mall, school, market, bus station, train station, etc

"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
Old 15 May 2018, 11:54
Holy Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
This WAS an attack on Christianity. Sigh...

If they were just looking for a soft target , there are many many other opportunities/venues. There was a reason Churches were specifically chosen compared to a nightclub, restaurant, sporting event, shopping mall, school, market, bus station, train station, etc
Agreed. In this day and age you are likely to get more outrage from hitting a sporting event than a Christian church.

Our new posting rules