SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 August 2015, 22:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Yes, it's definitely a Millenial Generation thing when it comes to Twitter, Instagram, Imagr, and these 7 second videos called "Vines"

Facebook has pretty much become a Gen X thing, discarded by the youth when they discovered that things like Twitter allow for more brevity and rapidity of communication, which fits right in with their short attention spans and need for instant gratification.

The problem is that those rapid feedback SM platforms also are the perfect thing for command and control of widespread disruptive activities, as well as recruitment and propaganda. If your opponent controls the tech that controls the most speedy response to events, while you are on something slower, you can see the disadvantage in that.

As far as the left/right merger goes, I realize it is a really slim probability. I just always had this fantasy of Tea Party guys rolling up into an Occupy meeting and being like "Look, we think you guys are a bunch of self-loathing, faggoty Hipsters, and you think we are women hating, small penis ammosexual racists, but we are all pissed about alot of the same things, so let's just for a minute put our differences aside about abortion, guns, ect. and focus on throwing out the political class who do nothing but screw us all."

And I thought I saw a glimmer of that with the Oath Keepers. I thought it was a good suggestion when somebody said next time they should try going there unarmed and see what kind of a reception that gets. Worth a shot. I mean they don't have to side with Mike Brown. They could take the position that I do, where I think Mike Brown got what what coming to him, but I understand that it was a bridge too far for a community often victimized by police violence, and the militarized response to the initial protests were totally innappropriate.
I agree with your assessment.

The undercurrent, both on the left and right, is disillusion with the status quo.

Daily Beast had an interesting article explaining the popularity and similarities between Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. Given that both feel strongly about the same things, I see them very much as the figureheads for the groups we're discussing.

Another thing that I want to remark on is that the word "defeat" has been thrown around quite a bit in regards to not believing in certain positions and political figures. Interestingly enough years ago KidA and I were constantly being taken to task for our apathy with the system and not voting for the strongest candidate because otherwise we were giving/throwing away our vote etc...now it appears that a lot of prolific posters on this board feel the same way.

That trend is visible on this board and all throughout society. I live in a college town that leans left, as do most places with a majority young population. Youth is always more radical and the fact of the matter is that idealism permeates the fabric of teens and 20 something's. As you get older and gain experience your mileage starts varying and you draw conclusions based on what matters to you. The apathy here is sky high. Nobody knows much about anyone but they're likely not going to vote Republican because they perceive them to only care about bullshit issues. No matter what a lot of religious people want to believe...pro-life candidates are going to be the downfall of your gig. Since the GOP doesn't get it they're unlikely to win this election. They won't run Trump because he isn't an establishment guy which is ironic because it's not as if their guys are less embarrassing.

The groups that oppose a government oligarchy are going to have to come together in order to change the system. As far as I'm concerned it's unlikely for that to happen in a peaceful manner because I don't believe any one person to have enough clout in congress, the senate or the White House to make that happen. There's too much at stake for those who're getting rewarded by their lobbyists.

So short of DOXING every current politician and doing a forensic accounting of say the last three Presidents and their closest advisors...I don't think we're going to see much impact, SM fueled or otherwise. The OK and groups like that don't really do a damn thing at this stage.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 14 August 2015, 00:37
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad
I agree with your assessment....
And I with yours.

I suspect that the people playing us all underestimate us, or the complexity of it all or overestimate themselves -- or maybe all of the above. If the world we live in existed at the end of Vietnam, I think things might have kicked off a long time ago. Nonetheless, we're a different world now -- with the reality of situations across the globe known in an instant, and all sort of players attempting to shape the information so as to generate their desired results. The game will be decided by those who can harness the information, who have the resources (it will be people), and who have the most willpower. I honestly, truly and wholeheartedly believe the people will win -- we will win. And at a minimum, the result will be at least a momentary stripping away of the veil -- and those behind it will be shown naked and cowering, I hope to be alive when that happens....

Last edited by SOTB; 14 August 2015 at 00:43.
Old 14 August 2015, 03:18
I am into Champagne

I am puzzled very much by main aspect of 'Oath Keeper' group.

I am very, very far from SF Man for professional knowledge regarding partisan/insurgent warfare. But I understand basic principle- at least from European/soviet history view.

To me 'Oath Keeper'- if they believe in the potential future threat that causes them to state the oaths- 'will not follow order to put Citizen in camp', as example. If this happens, it is now totalitarian state against the Citizens.

So to me- they are sounding like 'Future resistance fighters against Putin's Ukrainian police state'.

It is like they are planning to be a 'stay behind' force but are publicly marking themselves to include their name, location, and other information.

They are begging for 'order 66' in Star Wars term. :)

Am I incorrect? SF Man and other unconventional warfare experts here educate me-

Respectfully,
beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the Sun
and Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
nor bid the Stars farewell.
Old 14 August 2015, 13:42
Confirmed User

not much around

see http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/domestic-extremism-terrorism/c/oath-keepers-and-three.html#.Vc4mZLJViko

ADL used to have a Militia Watch list for LE

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/american-family-association (scroll down for Wilson)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post

I am very, very far from SF Man for professional knowledge regarding partisan/insurgent warfare. But I understand basic principle- at least from European/soviet history view.

To me 'Oath Keeper'- if they believe in the potential future threat that causes them to state the oaths- 'will not follow order to put Citizen in camp', as example. If this happens, it is now totalitarian state against the Citizens.

So to me- they are sounding like 'Future resistance fighters against Putin's Ukrainian police state'.

It is like they are planning to be a 'stay behind' force but are publicly marking themselves to include their name, location, and other information.

Am I incorrect? SF Man and other unconventional warfare experts here educate me-

Respectfully,
Old 14 August 2015, 14:19
What could possibly go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post

Respectfully,
I personally believe OK is an expression of the level of frustration with the he government and its continuing overreach into our lives, a la Bundy, which isn't the best example but you get my meaning.

But your correct, if things went sideways, OK would be the first stop for the govt to round up dissident "terrorists". Unfortunately for the govt, there are many many more groups that are way under the radar and would only become known when somebody's head exploded or their vehicle disintegrated.

It's funny....normal people are at a point where they are starting to speak out loud about govt/violence.
Some people i overheard complaining about the "nazi forest service" and it's taking/confiscation of their property over monument shit. One made a comment that perked my ears up. He said, just shoot a few in the forest.Then he said, kill one, it will terrorize the rest. They won't come back.
Just normal folk who had their property taken. Property that dated back to the 1800's so they said.

Our new posting rules