Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen (SWCC)

Old 15 March 2017, 06:19
Been There Done That

Chief Petty Officer Christian Michael Pike NSW, death March 12, 2017

CPO Michael Pike, was originally reported to be a Navy SEAL. He was not, but was in support of a Navy SEAL team when WIA, later dyeing of His wounds. Lest we forget ......

Naval Special Warfare Honors Fallen Sailor

From Naval Special Warfare Group ONE Public Affairs
CORONADO, Calif. (NNS) -- Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Support Activity 1 (SA-1) held a memorial service for Chief Cryptologic Technician (Technical) (EXW/IDW/SW) Christian M. Pike at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, June 13.

Pike died March 12 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany as a result of combat-related injuries sustained on March 10 while conducting stability operations in the Maiwand District of Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Addressing a crowd of more than 200 NSW members and honored guests, Rear Adm. Sean A. Pybus, commander, Naval Special Warfare Command, talked about the outstanding character and professionalism Pike exemplified to his fellow service members.

"He was bright, fit, motivated-exactly the type of person that you want as a shipmate," said Pybus. "His technical skills and savvy enabled his team to hunt down high level bad actors in Afghanistan. He loved what he did."

"I have no words to help ease the loss of Christian. Instead, I have committed, and on behalf of Naval Special Warfare, to remember him. You, his teammates, are obligated to honor his precious life with persistent remembrance. Carry Christian with you going forward; embrace this family as your own."

A courageous Diana Pike, the mother of Chief Pike, then took the podium to talk about how her son became the man his Team, friends and family came to love and respect.

"I taught them how to shoot guns and a bow, and how to camp [and] how to do all the things I thought they might need," said Diana. "When I was cutting a palm tree once, I fell out of the tree and impaled myself on my knife going down. Christian duct taped it closed. That's just kinda who we are. The three of us have had a great life, and we have had a great deal of fun. I guess Christian is his mother's son."

Diana explained that although she is responsible for setting her son on the path that led to March 10, she does not feel guilty because that path was the one Chief Pike fully embraced and loved.

"He led the life he chose. He was so happy. And happiness is all any mother would want for their children. I want to thank you all for making my son so very happy," added Diana fighting back tears with smiles. "He loved his job, he loved the Navy and he loved his teammates."

Chief Pike's long time friend, Cryptologic Technician (Collection) First Class (EXW) John P. Goodson, spoke to Pike's character and how he was someone he could look up to.

"We started in training together the exact same day. I was very competitive with him because not only was he a big, tough guy he was [also] incredibly intelligent," said Goodson. "As much as I wanted to out-perform him, I had to admit at the end of the day I had so much to learn from him. Chris was there to rein me in. He was just that kind of guy. He knew how to get the best out of someone [and] how to make someone the best version of their self."

For his heroic achievement in connection with combat operations against the enemy, Chief Pike was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star with Valor. He is the first SA-1 service member to be killed while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

For more information, visit www.navy.mil, www.facebook.com/usnavy, or www.twitter.com/usnavy .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2384343_s.jpg (4.2 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg 2384345.jpg (12.9 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg 2384347.jpg (76.7 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_139a.jpg (34.1 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg 2384353_med.jpg (64.3 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg 2384354_med.jpg (42.3 KB, 336 views)
Old 15 March 2017, 08:04
Been There Done That

RIP Chief.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 15 March 2017, 08:11
Administrator

Confused. The headstone says he died in 2013?

Regardless, RIP Brother.
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul.
-Invictus
Old 15 March 2017, 08:18
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

Regardless, RIP Brother.
He did. RIP Chief.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html
Old 15 March 2017, 08:24
Adding Chlorine

RIP Chief Pike

Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Still A Marine
YAT YAS
Old 15 March 2017, 10:19
Authorized Personnel

Rest In Peace, Chief and thank you for your service!
Old 15 March 2017, 11:34
RIP Cass and SOTB

RIP Chief. Thanks for your service.
Old 15 March 2017, 11:57
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

Regardless, RIP Brother.
He did and is also listed on the NSA Cryptologic Memorial Wall. Fair winds and following seas.

RIP Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv
Old 15 March 2017, 11:58
Confirmed User

That is one bad ass mom Chief.
RIP
Old 12 July 2017, 23:00
Confirmed User

RIP

Sucks, I worked out of COP Hutal in Maiwand and that place was sketchy as hell. Lots of good guys getting hurt out there. Myself and some 7th group guys closed it down.

RIP Chief.
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Our new posting rules