Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 15 July 2017, 21:42
Midgetologist

Undocumented Democrats.
Old 16 July 2017, 14:17
Authorized Personnel

Trying to explain to a good friend how cheating on your wife with a married woman won't fix the problems in either marriage.
Old 16 July 2017, 15:27
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rhyno View Post
Trying to explain to a good friend how cheating on your wife with a married woman won't fix the problems in either marriage.
Man, don't get caught up in it.

Some folks think 2 negatives always equal a positive.

You'll just get sucked into their vortex.
Old 16 July 2017, 18:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Man, don't get caught up in it.

Some folks think 2 negatives always equal a positive.

You'll just get sucked into their vortex.
He's a brother in more ways than one. I have to watch out for him, even if he gets mad at me.
Old 16 July 2017, 18:41
Not bright, but energetic

Woman who rides her 4-wheeler without a helmet...while holding a 4 month old baby in her arms.
Old 16 July 2017, 18:45
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Two things you can't tell another man about; his money and his pussy.
Old 16 July 2017, 19:07
The atomic zit

Quote:
That shit cost me a friendship, cost him a bunch more...
Old 16 July 2017, 19:08
Confirmed User

Quote:
Attempt to Redirect him (opinion wise) and back away. I have been there done that with a "brother". Only bad things can happen. Otherwise wifey is in charge; again only bad things can happen

Step back, no input (other than honesty) and let him go. He will come back to your friendship and you soon. Husband will find out soon enough and you want nothing to do with that.

Good luck.
Old 16 July 2017, 20:25
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Mess View Post
Two things you can't tell another man about; his money and his pussy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
That shit cost me a friendship, cost him a bunch more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jportal50 View Post
Attempt to Redirect him (opinion wise) and back away. I have been there done that with a "brother". Only bad things can happen. Otherwise wifey is in charge; again only bad things can happen

Step back, no input (other than honesty) and let him go. He will come back to your friendship and you soon. Husband will find out soon enough and you want nothing to do with that.

Good luck.
Sage.
Old 16 July 2017, 20:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
He's a brother in more ways than one. I have to watch out for him, even if he gets mad at me.
Darkness never likes being exposed to the light.

I told a friend the same thing. I/he lost a friend. He lost his entire family and most of his money. Now his children will have nothing to do with him. Pussy can be like a drug, some men will not listen to any common sense and destroy their lives just for the next "hit.". I have found out, the hard way, that the key to happiness whether with women, or many other things in life, is to be content with what you have, make the best with what you have, give Thanks for what you have. There was some common sense in the Ten Commandments, whether you believe in the faith aspect them or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16 July 2017, 20:56
Authorized Personnel

Divorces are hard enough on families, but there are likewise hard on the close friends -- especially those that are drug into the situation. Many times, they want advice, but don't truly want the "truth." They often want to hear things that fit their narrative and not the truth.

Best of luck to you brother. It's a terrible situation in which you find yourself in. I hope things end up well for all involved.
Old 17 July 2017, 09:55
It is what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
Divorces are hard enough on families
I've been there done that. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Sorry to hear about that situation. If there are children involved I feel the worst for them.
Old 17 July 2017, 11:27
Been There Done That

While having a 47 year old John Deere 140 home tractor with 3 point hitch is a very wonderful thing...
(picture isn't my tractor, but they're set up very similarly)

HOWEVER... replacing the belly mower deck's 47 year old original factory spindle bearings (3 spindles, 6 bearings) is literally a cast iron bitch.

Goes into the category of things I hate.

"To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"
Melville / Captain Ahab
Old 17 July 2017, 12:45
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
So 5.11 is back in style now? I thought it was deemed poser-wear by the tacticool gods and that shit like arcteryx and crye-or-die was what all the cool airsofters were into now. Or is that now poser wear and people have gone back to 5.11? It's like a never ending chase between gamer fags/airsofters and real professionals.

I first noticed this bullshit when I was in the middle of building my first Mk12mod1 and "lone survivor" came out. Like instantly overnight all the damn wannabe homosexuals started buying everything and creating huge backlogs on parts that already were becoming hard to find. Fast forward 4 years later and you got fucking LEAF windbreakers costing $400.

I hate these goddamn losers so much. If "behind enemy lines" came out tomorrow you can bet your ass an "authentic" Adidas tracksuit would suddenly be selling for $4k and a shitty SVD clones would be the next LVOA-C. Or SCAR.
I wear 5.11 pants shirts and even use their luggage. That makes them back in style.
Old 17 July 2017, 13:03
Make a desert and call it peace.

I hate coworkers who don't have their own pocket knives or flashlights, and who want to "borrow" mine. Or just tools in general. And of course, then they act like subhumans and use knives as prybars and generally treat my tools like garbage.

Fuck you, get you own tools. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 17 July 2017, 13:18
Alone and Very Afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
I hate coworkers who don't have their own pocket knives or flashlights, and who want to "borrow" mine. Or just tools in general. And of course, then they act like subhumans and use knives as prybars and generally treat my tools like garbage.

Fuck you, get you own tools. S/F....Ken M
This is my biggest gripe at work, my chef knives are just that mine. I went into work one day and found one of my Global Chef knives chipped and dented by one of my co-workers. This on top of having one of my knives get stolen by a former co-worker.
Old 17 July 2017, 14:24
Confirmed User

Discovering the box I built to keep critters out of my trashcans isn't bear proof.
Old 17 July 2017, 15:48
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post
While having a 47 year old John Deere 140 home tractor with 3 point hitch is a very wonderful thing...

HOWEVER... replacing the belly mower deck's 47 year old original factory spindle bearings (3 spindles, 6 bearings) is literally a cast iron bitch.

You and Sharky should put your tools in a dark shed together and see what horror they spawn.
Old 17 July 2017, 16:31
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B 2/75 View Post

Sweet Ride. Maybe you come down, maybe you don't.

Awesome tractor.
Old 17 July 2017, 16:34
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jportal50 View Post
Maybe you come down, maybe you don't.
Points awarded!

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules